Do it on a bigger Pokemon. Ironically, mine eventually landed on a Raticate, but there are much easier ones. A Wailmer would have been perfect. I guess you have to keep spinning the ball and release it just at the right time, not unlike getting great vs nice, but waiting a smidge longer. Problem is, the longer you faff, the more likely they are to jump around. I made sure all my attempts were done with the nana berry applied first, to settle them done.

Generally though, I just waited until a Pokemon came along with a large circle in general.

I can do them fairly consistently now.  This video shows my basic method, which I expect you might be using. 

I don't know what this thing with a circle glitch is, but if it's anything like what I've just watched on youtube, I'd forget it and just do it the old fashioned way by practicing the diagonal throw and work out the release timing.  As others have said, big pokemon make it easier, but I've done excellent curveballs on all kind of tiny little pokemon.  Not Weedles though, those bastards are impossible.

Changing the subject, has anyone had problems with constantly failing to log in or to authenticate when logging in using the pokemon trainers club?  My son's account is set up through it, and we keep having to reinstall the game before he can log in.  It's not even just on the one phone - he has an old phone of mine that he uses, and recently I've logged in on his account a bit on my own phone to do raids for him on my lunch break.  I can log in myself through google, but logging in to his account on any device is always a nightmare.  Does anyone know anything about this?  Is it a known issue?  Is there any kind of solution or workaround out there?

Since the update which added friends, I need to sign out, fully quit the app (from android task screen), load app again, sign in with other google account. Before, to switch to the kids accounts, I'd just sign out and immediately sign in. I don't know what bug they introduced, but that doesn't work any more.

Not sure if that helps. We're all using google accounts, but maybe it's a similar account switching issue.

With a PTC account, when it hangs on the screen with the 'Log Out' button, just click log out.

Now close the app down via the Android task screen.

(and turn your phone volume down as it's now lost your settings which likely have music turned off!)

Open it again and log in again and it'll load fine.

Happens every couple of days for me.

No need to reinstall or sign in with a google account

(this might be what Stu was saying above, but the google account bit confused it)

Eevee wise, played Saturday but was busy Sunday.  Caught 6 shiny, none above 75% IV.  Traded some higher CP (not shiny!) for an IV re-roll and ended up with 3x Lucky Eevees with Last Resort, all 82% IV.  Don't have enough Lucky Pokemon that they don't matter yet, so despite 82%, evolved all 3 and got Jolt, Vap, Flar with Last Resort.  Evolved a 10km walked for Umbreon, didn't walk enough for 2 though.

Not sure what to do with the shiny ones, what;'s thoughts on there ever being an evolution stone or whatever allowing selecting of Eevee evolutions..?

Oh, and Excellent curve ball...

The research rewards are decent since you get a Legendary and they are hard to catch, and have a big circle - so you can chuck a few practice regular Pokeballs at them and not catch it.

Personally, I just ignored the task and got it by default - I curve ball everything usually aiming for Great, which meant by not even bothering, I'd land it eventually.  

I tried a few and was just throwing balls away.  Took me a day, and I had it before the 50 with berries as I kept forgetting and just berrying as normal - which for me is golden for legendary and pinap for things I feel like pinaping!

Loads of Shineys - but all crap CP. Managed to get all the Evos (other than walking ones which can be done later) so beat RNG.

I did manage to get 2 100%ers though. Just have to think that to make them (Umb/Esp or risk RNG for Vap/Jolt/Flare)

My first community day out and about over the weekend. Saturday was a washout but Sunday was good and it was lovely to see lots of mini groups roaming around and interacting. I managed 10 shiny Eevee over the two days, all with poor IVs but I'm still happy to have found that many.

In other news, I'm ticking over to Ultra Friends shortly with a number of people from the rllmuk friends list:

@DJK44 & @Totoro -  I'm one day away with both of you and have gifts from you ready to open. Thought I'd let you know in case you want to put a lucky egg on in time for me opening them. Does it work for you if I open them just after 7pm this evening?

@Freeman - I'm also one day away with you too. I don't have a gift from you but it looks like you have one unopened from me. Would you be up for opening it just after 7pm this evening too or have you already hit your limit for the day?

57 minutes ago, Billy Brown said:

@DJK44 & @Totoro -  I'm one day away with both of you and have gifts from you ready to open. Thought I'd let you know in case you want to put a lucky egg on in time for me opening them. Does it work for you if I open them just after 7pm this evening?

@Freeman - I'm also one day away with you too. I don't have a gift from you but it looks like you have one unopened from me. Would you be up for opening it just after 7pm this evening too or have you already hit your limit for the day?

Yup, just after 7 is fine with me.

(Hope you enjoyed all those gifts from such exciting places like 'Eastbourne Post Office' ;))

6 minutes ago, DJK44 said:

Yup, just after 7 is fine with me.

(Hope you enjoyed all those gifts from such exciting places like 'Eastbourne Post Office' ;))

Ha, all gifts gratefully received wherever they're from! There aren't too many stops near me so it's only really at lunchtimes or if I take a trip out in the evenings / weekends that I get a chance to farm items, so gifts are a very welcome addition.

Is the bonus awarded by the first person to send a gift, or whomever returns it? I've got some good friends coming up and I was planning to pop an egg, but reading the above I realize it may not be that simple. I always go first, sending out all my day's gifts first thing as I walk the dogs. Is that when the relationship is updated, or only when the gift is reciprocated? 

18 minutes ago, TehStu said:

Is the bonus awarded by the first person to send a gift, or whomever returns it? I've got some good friends coming up and I was planning to pop an egg, but reading the above I realize it may not be that simple. I always go first, sending out all my day's gifts first thing as I walk the dogs. Is that when the relationship is updated, or only when the gift is reciprocated? 

I *think* the level goes up whenever one of you opens a gift from the other on a new day, whoever does it first. (Or if you raid together or trade, etc.) It then activates for the sender whenever the notification pops up at their end.  

All go for 7.15 at my end, got a few local players hitting ultra today too.

It's when you see the friendship level increase screen.

In reality, that means first interaction of the day.

Gift opening.

Trading.

Doing a raid together.

Gift giving doesn't trigger it, so like me with @Billy Brown I've had a gift for a day or 2 that would trigger it but haven't opened it or given him a gift (sorry!) wanted to get the weekend out of the way, and get some other stuff for mass evolving.

Its been fun seeing some of the stops from all over, I've tried to give more interesting locations to Rllmukrs, but the usual post office or park information sign will feature too :D

7 hours ago, Billy Brown said:

@DJK44 - no idea what happened earlier with the friend level. I opened the gift just after 7 as planned but it still says one day to go. I assume it’s the same for you? So sorry if you wasted a lucky egg.

No worries, it still says 1 day to go for me too.

Have sent a gift over & will hold off on opening yours if you want to give it another go today :)

11 hours ago, DJK44 said:

No worries, it still says 1 day to go for me too.

Have sent a gift over & will hold off on opening yours if you want to give it another go today :)

Thanks, that would be great. Just after 7pm again?

@Totoro - It seems it didn't update my friendship level with you yesterday either. Apologies if that's a fault at my end. I'll open your gift from today just after 7pm too.

@Soi - We're also one day away from Ultra Friends; if I chuck a gift your way are you up for opening it just after 7pm also?