rllmuk
rgraves

Pokemon Go

Noticed really bad performance on the iphone 6s+ with the signal, so back to the Galaxy S5, which works flawlessly, both on O2 which is odd!

Also looks like you can be signed into 2 devices with the same logon, although I don't if that will cause issues...

Is there's something I'm supposed to do once I've got a Pokemon in a ball, or is the game just crashing? The balls closes and then it just sits there in the middle of the screen forever. I've tried pressing all over the screen to no avail. Happened four times now ;|

@MrPogo That happens to me a lot. It's crashed.

I just put down an incense 5 minutes ago, caught a pidgey, game hung on the pokeball. I had to restart and haven't been able to get back in.

I imagine things will get smoother as time goes on, but today all I've experienced is disappointment.

• Upvote 2

Doh. Suspected it was, but couldn't quite remember what happened after catching the initial Squirtle this morning, so wasn't sure.

37 minutes ago, Illyria said:

The lowest Pokémon in the gym at my house has over 700 points, my highest is still under 600. Can't even dream of battling a gym :(

Gym battles are 1v6. You can make up for quite a difference in level with a full squad.

• Upvote 1

Yeah today has been the worst. I've restarted the app at least 30 times today and missed loads of captured pokemon and stops due to crashes. Still was kinda cool to see some people at the pokestop up the road who have set off a lure.

Think I might be a little too far away to take advantage though.. 

Menu > tips (top right) has some very poorly explained advice, people.  Just letting those who are asking about tutorials know. 

I think they should have different caps for the gyms - like bronze, silver or gold.

I know you can team up, but it would be good for newbies to be able to battle.

Level 7 now. This is strangely addictive. Where I work (Holborn/Temple) there's a Pokestop literally every 10 paces, which is good.

But I have to say, I'm not enjoying the constant crashing. Every other Pokemon I catch freezes when the pokeball is shuffling about*, which is annoying because you then have to reboot the app. It's making everything take 3/4 times longer than it should. They really need to sort it out.

*to make sure you don't lose your newly caught Pokemon, wait for the little spinning ball in the top left to appear and only then kill the app. You should have the Pokemon in your list when you reload.

• Upvote 1

Yesh I've had a bunch of issues In past 5 mins. Login issues, pokemon captured crash,  no pokestops appearing..

I'm really starting to get sick of it. Its a shame because I do enjoy it but I can't be arsed fathing around each time.

I do wonder how new players will take it though. 

Drowzee in the front room. Me and brother both go to catch it at same time. Both our games crashed. Caught it when I reloaded the game though. 

I was also unable to log in, had to shut down the app completely, then it worked. But all my settings are back to default now, i.e. music got turned back on and the camera as well 

Way too buggy/overloaded at the minute. On a 4K walk it crashed about half a dozen times and only one in three Pokemon captures (st best) actually works. Was amusing to see a dozen people hanging around outside the church/gym though.

Had three 5k eggs and about 8 evolves lined up, stepped out and used lucky egg, hatched all three and then did the evolves. Three evolves failed, yet took the poke and candy from me, but I still netted 20k XP and boosted up to L14. 

Then I had the weirdest crash, where a CP??? Venomoth appeared so I fed it a razzberry then lobbed great ball, after capture, the screen just showed the background, but the icons came back, I toggled AR which fucked things even further, but could still throw balls, so I lobbed  another two before it locked up entirely. On restart I had a 694 CP Venomoth!

Just walked home from work.

Directly opposite is a gym where there were 3 folk duelling or whatever. Dunno cause you have to be level 5.

Further along at the corner of a river there were 7 folk, someone said to me "quick there's a magicarp over there!". Cool, but feels well bizarre. He confirmed the GPS is fucked, it was randomly updating me, not in real time.

Down the road at the scottish exec building is a pokestop and 6 kids were there. Few hundred yards further is a youth club, another bunch of teens.

Then I passed a car full of young asian folk all pointing their phones out the window.

This is properly mental, it's a full on phenomenon.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Yiggy said:

What do you do at a pokestop? It shows a photo of the landmark but I couldn't work it out. 

:lol: glad I'm not the only one.

You need to "spin" the picture and it drops some random items, usually poke balls and maybe some battle items (potions etc). You can also later leave mods on there, like a lure, which means more pokemon will come over to it. Haven't used one yet personally.

• Upvote 1