Pokemon Go

rgraves

We have a good active group who get multiple legendary raids done daily. 200 people in a WhatsApp group with probably 30 odd very active. We had 50 or so out in the local park on the Dratini community day.

Personally I play daily. Mostly raiding. It keeps me out of the house most of the weekend. But I don't think I'd do it without a group to play with. It's the meeting up and chatting I like more than the game really.

I've only recently joined a local Facebook group but they usually manage 4 or 5 raids a day (though due to working and staying outwith the main area they operate in I can only usually manage 1 or 2). There's about 100 in the group but only a quarter of that are active currently- though they expect more action during the summer months. Dratini day was mobbed. 

I hit 39 this morning. Did a couple of mass evolves and hatched 9 10k eggs. 150k in to level 40. I have plenty of lucky eggs and weedle/pidgey candy so will probably be able to make at least another million before the end of the xp event. Then the community day should yield at least 500k so a good chunk of the xp needed for 40 over the next few weeks. Not that I am desperate to make 40, I'm still more interested in stardust. One of 10ks was a trapinch, which was my first, but nothing else of note.

I managed to activate a lucky egg by accident leaving work yesterday so I did a mass evolve walking to the bus station, evolving shitmons as fast as my gotcha could catch them. I ran out of mons with a few minutes to go but still managed about 130k. 

Being able to search for evolvable mons takes a couple of steps out of the process, I think it wouldn't be too hard to knock up a mindstorms robot with 3 cheap styluses to do run mass evolves on an ipad. 

edit: oooh, or something like this

http://www.instructables.com/id/Robot-Tablet-Player/

37 minutes ago, John0 said:

500k to go to 38, so should easily make it during this event. Not sure whether to concentrate on leveling at all after that to be honest, will see how I feel.

Try breaking down your targets across the days, outside double XP events I aim for 100k a day. Which is a raid or two & the drive to - from work with my gotcha. Helps where you live too, I live in the capital which is densely populated with stops & mons. 

Ive got a long drive to Manchester later where I plan on mass evolving & clearing my storage. Currently @ 21.6 million XP, hopefully end the event with at least 24 million. 

6 hours ago, John0 said:

Yeah sound advice :) but it's a question of whether I'll want to or not, 38 being the kind of soft cap. Dunno, will just see how the mood takes.

I didn't care past 38, didn't bother with mass evolves or grinding at all. Stopped using my go+ for a while etc. I still went fairly quickly from 38 to 39.

Sick of Rayquaza now, when's he gone? Last 4 I've encountered have all been shite: 82%, 73% and 76% for the 3 I caught and the one that I failed to catch would have been even worse based on the 2000CP. 

Still he's good for XP considering you don't need many people  to complete a raid. 

Congrats. I got my first the day before gen 2 was released to complete my gen 1 Dex. Perfectly timed. Anytime you've waited a long time is satisfying.

After all the Ex raid crap for months I now have two passes for tomorrow. One at 1pm, and another at 4:30pm. Crazy.

Similarly to Snorlax I finally caught a Miltank this week, have been waiting for that one for ages now. Likewise I hatched my first Cleffa recently too (then another one in the next egg) which was another Gen 2 'mon I'd been needing for ages. 

From Gen 1 and 2 I'm still needing:

Kangaskhan  - missed this when they were briefly available here

Tauros - Regional 

Articuno - failed to catch in the 2 raids I attempted 

Zapdos - never managed a raid 

Mareep's evolutions - only ever caught two. Have some 10k eggs lined up so hoping for a Mareep or 2.

Unown - are these still about or was it a timed event?

Forretress - could evolve the crap Pineco I have if I use some rare candy 

Heracross - Regional 

Corsala - Regional 

Porygon 2 - Have a crap Porygon and enough rare candy but want a decent one

Legendary Dogs + Lugia - wasn't part of a raiding community when they were available 

Unown is around but it's stupidly rare. Without a scanner you will not see one outside of an event (i.e. the Europe one).

We have a large area scanner and we see, maybe 1-2 a month max over the 10km square or so I look at. And most have been in untrafficed areas.

I've managed that the last 2 (or 3) weeks now. Every Wednesday I have to head to a Gold gym (and take it over) before I can get my spin. Pass by quite a few stops on the way that I always nearly spin out of habit. 

No EX Raids here, was one in the next big town over though.

Still, managed 5 Legendary raids today (caught 2 out of 5 but the ones I missed were all crap CP) so managed over 230k XP today which is great. Haven't even got around to doing a lucky egg mass evolve yet during this event so will definitely make it to level 34 before it ends. How much XP is needed to get from 34 to 35? Not sure if I'll manage that but will hopefully make a dent into the XP needed. 

With my second account I concentrated specifically on levelling up as quickly as possible, and creating a decent raiding Pokemon team. 

Its level 32 now, I've only evolved first level pokemon unless the mon is good for raiding (so never evolved a nidoking, pidgeot, butterfree etc). I raid with plenty of higher players with much, much worse Pokemon. 

I guess it's testament to how little of the available selection is any use... 

3 hours ago, Freeman said:

With my second account I concentrated specifically on levelling up as quickly as possible, and creating a decent raiding Pokemon team. 

Its level 32 now, I've only evolved first level pokemon unless the mon is good for raiding (so never evolved a nidoking, pidgeot, butterfree etc). I raid with plenty of higher players with much, much worse Pokemon. 

I guess it's testament to how little of the available selection is any use... 

Or really, unless short manning raids, how little an individual players contribution maters. Once you can get Pokémon to level 30 there’s not that much to be gained depending on breakpoints. Obviously a bit of bulk, and higher is better but the effectiveness difference between most players is what they know, not their level or the IVs of their Pokémon.

For the first time ever I've managed to get 9 10k eggs. Got my first of the 9 in December so has taken ages (for comparison one guy in my raiding group has done this 6 times since December i.e 54 10k eggs). Bet I end up with 9 shit mon. 

On 13/03/2018 at 14:10, Naieve said:

hope you like Skamories

2 of those metal  chickens. Also 2 shit Dratini. 

Got my first Slakoth and Bagon but both are shit IVs. Best hatch was a 96% Aerodactyl but I caught one from a raid just a few days ago that is near enough the exact same CP and IV-wise. Completing the set was an 84 rated Larvitar  (have 2 better ready to evolve) and an 80% Porygon - best one of these I've had, not far away from being able to evolve it for my first Porygon 2. 

When does this double XP event end? Have around 110 Pokemon still to evolve for maximum XP. 

On 3/13/2018 at 14:10, Naieve said:

hope you like Skamories

I've hatched 4 10ks recently, 3 Dratini and a Skarmory. I know there's a windy bias at the moment but was still pretty pissed off.

2 more Dratinis since then. for fuck's sake

almost a million xp during this event though with a couple of days left which is nice