3 hours ago, sdmilne said:

I'm loving the amount of pokestops that are minor landmarks I never knew existed.  All these things I've never seen in a city I've lived all my life!

Yeah, I don't care about the battles really. I just want to collect and I've been loving wondering around the back streets of Aylesbury.

2 hours ago, Sng said:

Just saw this on BBC News (!) which I didn't know - If you throw a Pokeball and miss, tap it before it disappears to pick it up again.

To confirm this is fake.

Planned a couple five minute Pokestop laps, grabbed my battery pack and set off.

Got to the third stop, had connection issues. Couldn't reconnect, so went to the next spot. Reconnected long enough to get an egg from the Pokestop, throw a ball at an eevee, and disconnect again.

Now I'm home again, with wifi, and still can't connect to see if I caught that eevee.

Gg.

EDIT:

15 minutes later, I'm in.

Caught an eevee.

I will continue to play this game.

13 minutes ago, Kryptonian said:

You can take your phone off silent when you're not playing :)

No, I mean, I'm listening to music at the same time as playing but the sound from the game was drowning out my music.

9 minutes ago, strider said:

my new samsung phone doesn't have gyroscope so I can't catch pokemon in the retro gamer office. What a load of shit. Guess I'll just have to do some work :(

Just turn AR off, works fine without it and is a bit easier to be honest. Though you'll never know the pleasures of looking at a Diglett on your crotch through your phone, sadly.

8 minutes ago, strider said:

my new samsung phone doesn't have gyroscope so I can't catch pokemon in the retro gamer office. What a load of shit. Guess I'll just have to do some work :(

If you switch AR off you shouldn't need a gyroscope as the Pokemon will appear on the screen, rather than you having to move around to find it.

To confirm collecting used pokeballs does not count you total will still drop by one :(

I have removed this tip form the 1st post.

Will need to spend some time near a pokestop to stock up.

someone's had a lure on at the AFC wimbledon stadium all day, been quite tempted to go and check it out xD. enjoying this game and seeing everyone so involved with it when you're out and about, not seen anything quite like it. saw a dratini last night and a voltorb flashed up briefly but i couldn't catch either :( weedle and caterpie i can't find for shit!

a good thing to do is stock up on easy to evolve pokemon and use a lucky egg to evolve them all with double XP activated. if you run out of evolutions and have time left you could use an incense and catch some (hopefully new) pokemon too

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

There seems to be nothing near my house in Coventry. Behind my house is the A444 which goes in and out of the city aswell as leading to the RICOH and a retail park. In front of my house is a long ass road that connects to Nuneaton and the city centre. It's not like I live out in the sticks or anything. But from my house only 4 pokestops are visible, and 2 gyms.

I was in a hotel in Manchester on Monday and Tuesday and their was pokestops everywhere, literally! Went to my brothers graduation (which was why I was there anyway) and the building was a Pokestop. There was always a lure down aswell so the couple of hours I was there was a great chance for me to catch some mons.

It was a 3-block walk back to the hotel and I must've caught at least 10 mons and passed 10 pokestops.

Went out for dinner whilst I was there aswell and I was able to collect from 3 pokestops from the same spot, and managed to catch a slowpoke

5 hours ago, Loki said:

Deleted the US version I had installed and downloaded the UK release.

Just logged in with no issues.

Did you get to keep all your pokemons and progress?