rllmuk
rgraves

Pokemon Go

10 minutes ago, Azrael said:

Is today the last chance to catch Zapdos? 

I think tomorrow as well. All the changeovers have been on Monday at 5pm PDT, which is Tuesday 1am BST. 

Even if I see a Zapdos raid I won't be able to do it, my phone's GPS seems to be fucked, keep getting the "No GPS found" error and then when it does connect I puts me streets away from where I'm actually standing so will be impossible to join a raid. :mad:

Be glad once the legendaries disappear, stop them clogging up my gym for two hours every other day.

Much rather a one or two star Pokémon I can beat instead. Just a shame people can't put them in gyms so I can't have them in my Pokedex. 

Earlier today, Trainers battled against the Legendary Pokémon Mewtwo at the Pokémon GO Stadium event in Yokohama, Japan. Thousands of Trainers in attendance were able to successfully catch Mewtwo and add it to their Pokédexes. In the coming weeks, you, too, will have the opportunity to battle and catch Mewtwo with the new Exclusive Raid Battle feature.

Exclusive Raid Battles are similar to existing Raid Battles, with a few notable differences. Exclusive raids will periodically appear at Gyms around the world; however, unlike existing raids, Trainers will be invited to join an Exclusive Raid Battle. To receive an invitation to participate in an Exclusive Raid Battle, Trainers must have successfully completed a raid recently, by defeating the Raid Boss, at the Gym where the Exclusive Raid Battle will be taking place. The invitations will include advance warning of when the Exclusive Raid will take place, giving them ample time to coordinate with other Trainers before taking on the powerful Raid Boss.

Mewtwo is the first Pokémon that Trainers will be able to face in Exclusive Raid Battles, but other powerful Pokémon may also start to hatch from the Raid Eggs found at Exclusive Raid Battles over the next several weeks. Make sure you’re prepared to battle Mewtwo by powering up your Pokémon and battling in raids at Gyms near you!

All birds are back for the rest of August as well

Invites could be a pain - particular for people that "work". No matter how much notice you get. Also how long is "recent" for raiding a gym - feels like a way (unsurprisingly) to get people to raid more to get more chances.

Back already, they've hardly been gone two minutes. <_<

The only slight positive is the mention of Raid Eggs, as that might be the way they are allowing people to have a chance at a legendary without actually raiding, which would be nice. 

6 minutes ago, ph0rce said:

Back already, they've hardly been gone two minutes. <_<

The only slight positive is the mention of Raid Eggs, as that might be the way they are allowing people to have a chance at a legendary without actually raiding, which would be nice. 

Nah I think that means the Gym will have an Egg over it for sometime (they datamined a black one) to signify an Exclusive Raid is coming. Much like the raids had before Legendaries but with a longer time.

Are there no groups etc you can join to raid?

3 minutes ago, _Pow_ said:

Hmm, I guess hitting up as many magicarp raids as possible in town to improve the likelihood of an invite is a good idea

I'd wait until there's more details before spending coins (assuming you meant Premium passes).

So far the reaction (which should be incredible! MEWTWO IS HERE!!!) is distinctly negative.

It doesn't help that a lot of people are peeved the birds are back - they put lots of time/effort (well...ok time) to getting them in the week window. It's nice for people that missed em - but it's also pissed people that they rushed about the place when they now have ~2 more weeks)

Pleased to hear the legendary birds are back, still a pain that the only way to get these Pokemon are from raids which can be difficult to get enough people at in small towns that them big city folk. 

Was hoping we'do get 50k/100k eggs that contained legendaries. Able to purchase from the shop for a few hundred coins. Would be a good way to allow others to get them while still having to put some effort in and would make Niantic money in coin sales. 

• Upvote 1

Also difficult when I have to put up with GPS bullshit like this:

BINNi8H.jpg

I was standing next to the gym IRL but my game wouldn't move me away from that Pokestop. <_<

3 hours ago, Hexx said:

Nah I think that means the Gym will have an Egg over it for sometime (they datamined a black one) to signify an Exclusive Raid is coming. Much like the raids had before Legendaries but with a longer time.

Are there no groups etc you can join to raid?

Not really, work plus family means I'm just not going to try to fit in scheduled raids with strangers, all of which would require at least half an hour each ways travel. 

I appreciate that's my choice & technically if I wanted to drive into town & stand around for a couple of hours, I might happen upon a Legendary raid, which might also have enough people to get the job done, and then have a 20% chance of catching it, but that just isn't my idea of fun. 

Sooner or later, they will surely release them in some other fashion or at least allow people to put them in gyms so I can get the entries in my Pokedex. 

• Upvote 1

Thoughts:

Bringing the birds back straight away is fucking annoying. People put in the effort to get them before they disappeared, and whilst we knew they'd come back for second chances, straight away is bollocks. Pure, shameless greed by them whilst ignoring what people have actually done. My team bust their arses (and vehicle mileage) two weeks ago getting a lady her Articuno the Monday it was disappearing. We had it spawn in town yesterday. Fuck that

People are tired. The legendaries followed by the safari event means people are a tad burnt out. They want a break from feeling like they need to take part in these events or risk missing out and falling behind others. 

Niantic should rest on its laurels for a while. Subbing in Ho-Oh for Lugia was expected and made sense. Instead we get Mewtwo. They're totally blowing their load here and it reeks of poor planning and poor knowledge of the game and their fan base, not to mention greed. 

It's almost like they're worried people would stop raiding/spending money. Well just switch in fresh raid bosses. Dragonite, Scyther/Scizor, Nidowotsits, Graveller/Golem, Magneton, Flaafy/Amoharos, Espeon, Umbreon would all make good bosses of varying stars. 

Speaking of money grabbing, the raid invite system is nothing but a way to sell raid passes. Incidentally I think it'll be the rural players who benefit most here.

Take my local village. 2 gyms. It's had frequent legendary spawns  (nearly one a day) and it's easy to maintain a "recently raided there" status on it. Same for the 7 gyms in my town. The fewer the gyms, the more likely you are to get an invite. 

Restricting the spawn of Mewtwo to gyms in large towns and cities is unlikely to happen. They'll just be more common, but with so many gyms to choose from to maintain the status with, it'll be harder for people living there to choose which gyms to prioritise. 

• Upvote 1

What worries me is how the invites work - will it be "Mewtwo will be raidable at X at 2pm for 2 hours" or "Mewtwo will be raidable at X from 8am to 8pm"

The later would be the best solution for workers (assuming you have a way to arrange a raid at, say, 7pm with enough people).

They've given just enough info to panic people into buying passes/spending money without enough details to formulate stratagies. Bloody F2P mobile games.

4 hours ago, NexivRed said:

Thoughts:

Bringing the birds back straight away is fucking annoying. People put in the effort to get them before they disappeared, and whilst we knew they'd come back for second chances, straight away is bollocks. Pure, shameless greed by them whilst ignoring what people have actually done. My team bust their arses (and vehicle mileage) two weeks ago getting a lady her Articuno the Monday it was disappearing. We had it spawn in town yesterday. Fuck that

People are tired. The legendaries followed by the safari event means people are a tad burnt out. They want a break from feeling like they need to take part in these events or risk missing out and falling behind others. 

Well just switch in fresh raid bosses. Dragonite, Scyther/Scizor, Nidowotsits, Graveller/Golem, Magneton, Flaafy/Amoharos, Espeon, Umbreon would all make good bosses of varying stars. 

Bringing the birds back is good for all those that missed out on them considering there's no other way to get them. Swapping raid bosses to the ones you suggested instead would be worse considering they're all catchable/evolve-able anyway. 

3 minutes ago, Azrael said:

Bringing the birds back is good for all those that missed out on them considering there's no other way to get them. Swapping raid bosses to the ones you suggested instead would be worse considering they're all catchable/evolve-able anyway. 

Yeah but it pisses off people who rushed about to get them in the "one week window".

I don't think anyone would mind them coming back in a few months - but it's doing it straight after that's annoyed people. It's not they want it to be "you had 1 chance and you'll never get another", it's just too soon

So are all the other raid bosses - and quite a few of them are harder to catch/hatch/evolve like most of the raid bosses now. A switch would be nice (Dragonite please!)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Azrael said:

So are the current raid bosses?

2 hours ago, Hexx said:

Yeah but it pisses off people who rushed about to get them in the "one week window".

I don't think anyone would mind them coming back in a few months - but it's doing it straight after that's annoyed people. It's not they want it to be "you had 1 chance and you'll never get another", it's just too soon

So are all the other raid bosses - and quite a few of them are harder to catch/hatch/evolve like most of the raid bosses now. A switch would be nice (Dragonite please!)

This. Did you literally not read my grievance? Straight away is bollocks. 

Having them available until everyone has caught one isn't Niantic's goal. Having them so people pay to try and get them is. 

6 minutes ago, NexivRed said:

So are the current raid bosses? 

Apart from the legendaries which is why it's good that they're back :P

5 hours ago, _Pow_ said:

do you not get raid rewards if you have a full bag? I appear to have gotten sweet fuckall at lunchtime there. I'm sure it used to go to like 524/500 items

It shoudl still give you items. I'm often over the item limit when out raiding. Although I often spin the stop first which reminds me to clear out. So it's possible you cannot but I believe you can.

How non-commital of me,.

I think if you’re on 499 items or fewer, you’ll get whatever you spin, taking you over your 500 bag limit. If you’re already on 500, you’ll get nothing. 

• Upvote 1

Went out raiding to a new location tonight, met some lovely people, really in to their pokemon go.

I've now caught 5 out of 6 of my last legendary raids. I have really slowed things down, waiting for a good attack circle combo before using a ball. Tonight I waited over minute for the first throw and caught Zapdos first time with a great curve. I caught Moltres on my 3 ball, again, I waited very patiently for the right attack timing before throwing.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, mirodo said:

I think if you’re on 499 items or fewer, you’ll get whatever you spin, taking you over your 500 bag limit. If you’re already on 500, you’ll get nothing. 

This but the numbers are 500 and 501.

Finished work early yesterday to wash the car for a show at the weekend.  Picked up a ttar raid on thew way home.

Caught it! (IV 69...)

It's my 2nd, out of 9 raids.  

Later last night, around 7.30, my wife spotted another ttar in the local raid chat, so we went out for that too.

Caught it! - IV 89 :)

So, I was 1 for 7

Now I'm 3 for 10 (or 3 for 4!)  Patience in throwing balls, watching for attacks is paying off.

Completely agree on what others have said re: legendaries being back already.  I enjoyed my week of rushing about for Articuno / Moltres / Zapdos, but it seems somewhat wasted now.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, _Pow_ said:

I'm on holiday for the next couple of weeks, fully expect to get Mewtwo invites for Glasgow raids while I'm sitting at home in edinburgh.

:o

Never thought of that.  I did 1 raid in Glasgow when we went down for unown and khan.  I bet that's the one I get invited to :(