rllmuk
rgraves

Pokemon Go

Thing is if they hold off too long they miss all the free advertising. My local radio been going on about it for days but they keep getting bombarded with people saying where can they download it from..

:D But typical that it would be on one of the two days a year my boss is in the building!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DC07 said:

Even so, as one of the chumps waiting for the domestic release, how exactly are they going to get money from me? What IAPs will I feel the need to 'catch'? Can I get by without them and truly play this greatest game of all time and social phenomenon for free? Genuine question because I don't know.

When I see thoughts like this it makes me quite sad. And I'm happy to admit that I've had them too. Basically automatically equating my enjoyment of X mobile game being dependant on being able to play for free. It's pretty gutting that that is so common place, especially as a developer. I'm not judging, like I say I stop myself sometimes too, but it's crazy how we've reached this point.

On the upside, there's a lot of examples of Pokemon Go players' happily purchasing iaps. That's really great to hear because the title should be rewarded for providing so much enjoyment to so many people.

• Upvote 3

If you happen to pass by a lot of Pokestops as part of your daily journey, you will pretty soon feel a need to buy some more storage. I dropped £3.99, which allowed me to add 100 extra, and will probably upgrade even further. I'm sick of seeing "Your bag is full" already! However, most of the people I know who are also playing don't have this problem, because they don't go past as many Pokestops as I do. (20+ per direction on my commute.)

5 minutes ago, CheekyLee said:

If you happen to pass by a lot of Pokestops as part of your daily journey, you will pretty soon feel a need to buy some more storage. I dropped £3.99, which allowed me to add 100 extra, and will probably upgrade even further. I'm sick of seeing "Your bag is full" already! However, most of the people I know who are also playing don't have this problem, because they don't go past as many Pokestops as I do. (20+ per direction on my commute.)

Does that increase the amount of eggs you can carry?

Also the Incubator in the shop is that another infinite one or break after 3?

8 minutes ago, gospvg said:

Does that increase the amount of eggs you can carry?

Also the Incubator in the shop is that another infinite one or break after 3?

As far as I can see, you'll only ever be able to carry 9 eggs. And, this was a 3 use incubator, like the ones you'll get from Pokestops. Which is increasingly unlikely for me as I pass quite a few of them! I do wish to stress, though, that for pretty much everyone else I know the 250 storage isn't problematic, but they don't get to walk through a 9-stop park twice a day.

Argh! even with my phone set to alarms only it still found a way to blare out music and vibrate.

Don't play this at your desk (unless there are a bunch of sweet Eevees hanging around your office of course).

EDIT- Phew! Saved by settings

5 minutes ago, CheekyLee said:

As far as I can see, you'll only ever be able to carry 9 eggs. And, this was a 3 use incubator, like the ones you'll get from Pokestops. Which is increasingly unlikely for me as I pass quite a few of them! I do wish to stress, though, that for pretty much everyone else I know the 250 storage isn't problematic, but they don't get to walk through a 9-stop park twice a day.

I have 9 eggs already, I walk pass 2 Pokestops every time I need to go between offices whihc is usually 7 or 8 times a day if not more.

Shame the incubators are not infinite I'll save the coins I have for now. 

I've been given a free one hour incense, is this the same for everyone? Opened the app and it had 58 mins left (i'm not a new player either, i'm level 8)

Reminder for any new players today, when capturing a pokemon if your pokeball fails tap the pokeball when it is rolling away to pick it back up & use again.

• Upvote 3

Deleted the US version I had installed and downloaded the UK release.

Just logged in with no issues.

11 minutes ago, JPickford said:

Looks like my iPhone 4s can't handle this.   It just hangs on loading or crashes.

Have you done a reset?

12 minutes ago, Bennette98 said:

Could we add some tips into the OP (like starter tips for those just downloading the app?)

Done

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Bennette98 said:

I've been given a free one hour incense, is this the same for everyone? Opened the app and it had 58 mins left (i'm not a new player either, i'm level 8)

Nope! (level 6) *shakes fist* :)

Am still getting the crashing/hanging after hitting a pokemon with a pokeball (ie before it starts shaking) sometimes. Happened just now only this time I immediately restarted the app (before the spinny thing had stopped spinning) and the Raticate has appeared in my collection! So maybe try that if you're still getting the hanging?

Just installed it. Crashed before it even loaded properly. Then crashed again on the second screen. Finally got in and tried to capture a bulbasaur, slowly froze up then locked up my phone and had to do a hard reboot.

Fucking hell, this has raised Nintendo's share price 50%?!?!

So much crossover appeal with the brand. Already overheard 2 separate groups of girls on my commute excitedly talking about it. Actually make that 3 now!