IGNORED

Pokemon Go

rgraves

2 hours ago, disperse and recoagulate said:

A 10cp charizard would be pretty funny.

i have a 10cp charmander but a) I'm currently working on a charmeleon that's better than my charizard and b) I don't have CANDY TO BURN. 

I have 2 charizards already, a 10 cp Charmander and 84 candy, I am definitely going to do this once I hit 125 :P

8 minutes ago, superstarbeejay said:

The loot for level 30 is quite impressive. Will post the traditional level 30 stats later.

It is, although it clogged my inventory up to the point that I ended up almost running out of balls. I think it took me to 473/400 items

Just evolved an Ivysaur from a 704 CP bulbasaur It came out well and appraises well but also has power whip which is better than Venusaur's best move (Solar beam).

My dilemma now is do I keep it as is and evolve another Venusaur (the candy grind will be a bit tedious although I'm on 85) or do I just go for it with this one? In my experience a Pokemon with decent moves usually evolves into one with shite moves for some reason.

My level 30 stats

Start date: 14/7/16

Caught 143, seen 148 (notable missing: Porygon, Aerodactyl, Chansey, Dragonite)

Total Caught 4834

Walked 592.2 km

Visited 4589 pokestops

Hatched 222 eggs

Evolved 757 'mons

Won 289 gym battles

100% IV 'mons caught: 0

Top cp mons:

Screenshot_20170107-173153.png

Oldest 'mons:

Screenshot_20170107-173218.png

Kinda started to forget to play this over the Christmas period, only need 5 more candies for Kabuto evolution and that would just leave Porygon which I've never even seen anywhere. Got two of the baby Pokemon hatched now though.

Starter Pokemon have gone nuts, had 2 bulbasaurs, Charmander, charmeleon and 2 squirtles spawn around my living room when i opened the app today.

I had a wtf moment last night when looking through my journal and saw a 786cp eevee had escaped using pogo+. The pain was somewhat made up for this morning when I caught this:
bd76214b7f3ed17e142535a6a35d3af8.jpg

My first 98% eevee. If it evolves in to a vapo it'll be over 2500cp. I had a good morning for high IV 'mons, picking up this one out of an egg too:
db7cc8b0eb8d5d85b66607188e499d87.jpg

The three starter Pokémon, are any of their final evolutions any good in terms of battling?

I've barely got enough candy to do one of the 100CP evolution for each one, and not sure if I should build up 125 & evolve an amaze / wow base or not. 

If they are only good for completing the Pokedex, then I'll just do the ones I have now. 

2 hours ago, ph0rce said:

The three starter Pokémon, are any of their final evolutions any good in terms of battling?

I've barely got enough candy to do one of the 100CP evolution for each one, and not sure if I should build up 125 & evolve an amaze / wow base or not. 

If they are only good for completing the Pokedex, then I'll just do the ones I have now. 

Best options:

Bulba: Evolve to Ivy saur and check moves. If it has vine whip and solar beam then keep it for training gyms. It's cp to effectiveness ratio is really high especially against vaporean, which is obviously really common. If it doesn't have vine whip then you get a 2nd chance to get a decent moveset by evolving to venusaur buy personally I have chosen to use the candy to evolve another high cp bulba and hope for vine whip. I messed this up the other night by accidentally evolving a vine whip, solar beam ivysaur in to a vine whip petal blizzard venusaur.

Squirtle: The chances of getting the only decent moveset on Blastoise in 1 in 6. If you can get one at about 1200cp then it is a potentially good trainer but not amazing. Similar to bulba it is probably a better option to go wartortles with high cp and the perfect moveset. Wartortle also gets a 1 in 6 chance of getting water gun+ hydro pump and is a better trainer, but is harder to get at high cp. So personal preference here is to go for the highest cp squirtles I have and give myself more chances to get water gun+ hydro pump.

Charmander: My strategy here is to go for 1 or 2 really high IV and CP charizards. Charizard can get just about high enough cp to either go in gyms or to be strong at taking down enemy gyms with exeggutor in and if you get wing attack, can be good against a number of big defenders like snorlax and lapras. Charmeleon isn't really good for much to be honest so don't bother with them.

My Bulbasaur ( Strong, Attack, Wow, Sizable ) has Vine Whip & Power Whip, my Ivysaur ( average appraisal ) however has Razor Leaf & Sludge Bomb, which I'm guessing is mediocre. 

My Squirtle ( Amaze, Wow, Gigantic ) has Bubble & Aqua Jet but Wartortle ( average appraisal ) has Bite & Aqua Jet, again mediocre. 

My Charmeleon ( Excellent, Wow ) has Scratch & Flame Burst, but could obviously change on evolve. 

I captured all the second stage ones, rather than evolving so was hoping I could save 25CP by using them but there's no rush, so I'll just hold onto the candy for now then. 

Thanks for the comprehensive write-up. 

Yeah, back to nothing but Pidgey as far as the eye can see on the tracker so the walk to school was a bit disappointing this morning compared to last week.

The walk back however still had some rare ( for my village ) spawns; Shellder, Jigglypuff, Onix so as long as I catch a couple of things each day that aren't a Pidgey, I'll be happy.

Spent some cash for the first time & got four incubators which all hatched this morning; Drowsee ( ha :( ), Meowth, Sandshrew & Ekans. None of which I either need, or need to evolve. Hopefully the next batch will be better.

I've had so many Sandshrew out of 5K eggs recently (I estimate about 1 in every 3). It does mean I have a Sandslash with Metal Claw and Earthquake which I might try and power up to something a bit more competitive, but I don't know why I'm getting so many.

I suppose the next question is when the next set of Pokemon will be out. There are hundreds of blank spaces in the Pokedex since the babies came along and I want to get going on filling them.

if you have a pokemon go plus and are sitting on top of a pokestop does it vibrate every time the stop turns blue?

Yes, I keep thinking about doing a pogo+ guide. I've been using one for a couple of weeks now and it has been great. It has changed the way that I play the game but I have adapted my play style to suit. It is great value for money but I didn't think so after a day or so.

I'm hoping that no late night gym battlers or spoofers will attack tonight. 7 would be my highest coin collection. 4 of those are decent, high level gyms, the other 3 I grabbed quickly earlier in town. c786df83e35cd8d8abbcba144f8ed85b.jpg

They were all still in this morning so claimed my 70 coins. All still in there now too but I suspect at least 2 will be gone by tomorrow morning as they were throw away efforts.

Went to collect my last few needed Omanytes in Vauxhall Park (South London) this morning. So that's now 0 candy needed for a complete Eurodex, but a whole bunch of egg hatches (only the two Hitmons from Gen 1 though). I'm a bit torn between using all my saved up incubators and coins to just blitz eggs for a while, or whether to wait to do that if we get another candy event in the next few months.

Hatched a Togepi at long last but it's not amazing/wow so by the rules set by my cronies and I, it'll be incinerated (87%IV though, annoyingly!). However, not before I've set it as my buddy and incubated five (!) 5K eggs to try and hatch a better one.

Was gonna go for nine eggs at once but I'm hatching them faster than I'm collecting them at the moment.

14 minutes ago, ph0rce said:

What does setting it as your buddy do ( aside from obviously generating candy ), does it affect the eggs somehow?

I doubted the link but it's happened far too often for it to be coincidental that almost all of my 2k eggs were Geodudes while Graveler was my buddy, and it's happened with others too.

31 minutes ago, Dudley said:

I believe we know the contents of the egg are set on pick up.

I don't believe the connection to the buddy at all and I don't think anyone has ever found any evidence.

Yep, I've had a snorlax as my buddy from the day the buddy system was introduced until yesterday afternoon ( when I finally decided I need to try and evolve a Gyrados, only 156 cansy to go :( ), We have walked over 337 Km together, and in all that time, I have had 1 extra Snorlax from a 10K egg, luckily during the Haloween event so got extra candy with it, I must have hatched at least 30 10k eggs while he was my Bud', maybe more, so I'd have expected to have a slightly higher chance of getting him than what I have so far.