Had a great run of it these last few days. Not picked up half as many starters as I need, but hatched Elekid, Pichu, Cleffa and Tangela(! Didn't even know they were in our region, thought they were US only or something), as well as seeing my first Chansey and managing to catch it. :) Combine those with finally managing to evolve an Arcanine, Charmeleon, Nidoking and Rhydon and I'm finally up to level 26. :)

I'm back playing after a break, the starter event and the tracking has made the game fun again.

I caught a Magikarp on the way home tonight, turns out to be Ditto. Is this normal or have I been especially lucky?

When are the next gen coming and what's the deal with the baby mons?

5 minutes ago, Thunder Monk said:

I'm back playing after a break, the starter event and the tracking has made the game fun again.

I caught a Magikarp on the way home tonight, turns out to be Ditto. Is this normal or have I been especially lucky?

When are the next gen coming and what's the deal with the baby mons?

Fairly lucky. I'd estimate roughly 1 in 50 of the "common" pokemon for me have been Dittos.

5 minutes ago, Thunder Monk said:

I've caught 1955 Pokemon, hatched 167 eggs and have 124 in my Pokedex. First Ditto.

Ditto was only added around October or November time. I've only caught 2 from the hundreds of 'mon caught since then. 

You can get baby 'mon (and Togepi) from egg hatches. Not sure when the rest of Gen 2 arrive, can't be long now though. 

Just planned a lucky egg sesh in as nerdy way as possible. :hat:

abra DO NOT EVOLVE
bell 148 TWICE
cat ALL SIX
char 464
cub ALL FOUR
dod 562
drowz 41
egg 620
gha BOTH
gloom DO NOT EVOLVE
horsea 120*
igglybuff EVOLVE TWICE (not jig 376)
krab BOTH
mankey 556 AND 72
meowth BOTH
nid(f) 402
nid(m) ALL THREE
oddish EVOLVE TWICE
paras BOTH (keep new 921 one)
pidgey ALL TWELVE (then both * pidgeotto plus one random pigeotto)
pikachu 279 AND non-xmas AND 333+298
rat ALL FOUR
rhyh DO NOT EVOLVE
sandshrew 662* AND 653
seel DO NOT EVOLVE
shelder 527*
spearow 366 AND 356
squirtle DO NOT EVOLVE
staryu DO NOT EVOLVE
venonat 527 AND 495
vulp DO NOT EVOLVE
wee ALL (then 215 kakuna)
zub 318 with 55hp

only thing that'd make it more nerdy is working out the xp gains... but I'm not gonna.

Just hit 300 magikarp this evening. Caught one in the wild. It appraised as 'amazes' but I've got three other amazes so I binned it. Sorry @_Pow_:(

Trying to get my bulbosaur and charmander candy while it lasts. 80/100 and 60/100 at the moment for their evolves. Gonna do me some more pokestrolling tomorrow lunchtime whilst this event it on. 

Still only on 114 in my pokedex though and lv26. So lots of grinding to do. Plus I want a baby mon. Haven't hatched one yet despite all the free incubators over Christmas. 

I'm planning a mass hike around London next Wednesday, hit up some of the parks and see what happens. St James' and Green Park are on the list, will probably go via Trafalger Square too in the hope of getting loads as it being a big landmark.

Got one more candy to walk through to get Machamp then its off to see who's next, need 70ish charmander and bulbasaur candies before they are done.

42 minutes ago, disperse and recoagulate said:

Just planned a lucky egg sesh in as nerdy way as possible. :hat:

Hide contents

abra DO NOT EVOLVE
bell 148 TWICE
cat ALL SIX
char 464
cub ALL FOUR
dod 562
drowz 41
egg 620
gha BOTH
gloom DO NOT EVOLVE
horsea 120*
igglybuff EVOLVE TWICE (not jig 376)
krab BOTH
mankey 556 AND 72
meowth BOTH
nid(f) 402
nid(m) ALL THREE
oddish EVOLVE TWICE
paras BOTH (keep new 921 one)
pidgey ALL TWELVE (then both * pidgeotto plus one random pigeotto)
pikachu 279 AND non-xmas AND 333+298
rat ALL FOUR
rhyh DO NOT EVOLVE
sandshrew 662* AND 653
seel DO NOT EVOLVE
shelder 527*
spearow 366 AND 356
squirtle DO NOT EVOLVE
staryu DO NOT EVOLVE
venonat 527 AND 495
vulp DO NOT EVOLVE
wee ALL (then 215 kakuna)
zub 318 with 55hp

only thing that'd make it more nerdy is working out the xp gains... but I'm not gonna.

I do this everytime I use a lucky egg, so that I can get the maximum out of it :)

1 hour ago, MikeBeaver said:

I'd have been greatly dissapointed for a Magicarp to actually be a Ditto, I've had some of those, like everyone else, I NEED Magicarps :P

Yeah, Mrs Dudley is around 360 Magikarp candy and got a Ditto from the first Magikarp after not seeing one for ages.

I've already got a Gyarados with Bite and Hydropump so I suppose the only thing I have left to do is to try and get a perfect IV one. Am on 170-ish Margikarp candy and the last one I caught also annoyingly turned into a ditto.Whilst a canal runs through my land locked city, it's a bit of a pain in the arse to farm Magikarp so the process for getting a Gyrados is pretty slow. 

Dunno what my next goal is really. I still need Ivysaur/Venusaur, a Dragonite (which I'm slowly working on through the buddy system) and a Snorlax. I also need a less shit Charizard/Blastoise/Lapras and I still haven't had a whiff of a Kabuto or Porygon. But as it stands, the majority of the other stuff I actually need is down to evolution. But because it is evolving less exciting things like Machoke, I haven't really got on it.

For those that are interested in gym battling, getting the highest possible IV gyarados is really important. I lucked out and got a 93% one which puts him at a critical few cp above most that are in gyms. With the way the game is now, being top of a level 10 gym and middle to bottom can be 50 cp or less. So don't just go by the 'amaze' rating, do a proper IV check on them. I have a similar experience with my rhydons and vaporean. Basically if you can get any of them 90+IV you will have a much stronger position in gyms which is a concern due to people using alt enemy accounts to knock people lower down off the bottom to put theirs in. You really want to be aiming to get a handful of 'mons that have high enough cp to be at the top of gyms and a few extra cp due to high ivs can be critical. The cp gains at level 30 plus are relatively small so having a high IV is really important.

At level 30.5, every power up is only about 23 cp, the same as about 4 or 4 IV%. So if you use an 82% gyarados, you will need it to be several levels higher than a 95% IV one to get above it in a gym.