IGNORED

Pokemon Go

rgraves

8 minutes ago, MagicalDrop said:

Is that unusual? I like to have 100 or so in hand most of the time.

Same here, sometimes drops to about 50 but then comes back up. If I run low I'll do a quick sweep through town. Revives are the biggest problem for me at the moment, due to doing so much gym battling/experimenting. I used to discard revives all the time but not any more.

Have you upgraded your bags?

I'm 64 hyper, 90 revive then 44/60/16 balls and 70 raspberries. Discard all normal and super potions. 

Might get rid of some more raspberries - can't say I've ever noticed they have much effect. 

2 minutes ago, dunkle said:

I'm 64 hyper, 90 revive then 44/60/16 balls and 70 raspberries. Discard all normal and super potions. 

Might get rid of some more raspberries - can't say I've ever noticed they have much effect. 

I've upgraded a couple of times. I would recommend it for 200 coins. I current have space for 450 items which I think is fine so no need to go higher. I currently have about 130 potions, 25 revives, 6 lucky eggs, 2 incense, 115 normal balls, 84 great balls, 21 Ultra balls, 1 lure, 46 raspberries. I use a raspberry on almost every pokemon that isn't an obvious first throw catch, they do make a difference but not a massive one.

9 hours ago, dunkle said:

I have, because I've found myself in situations where it's me and two Pokestops for an hour (...Platform 4b, Shrewsbury station...) and I can't let all those balls go to waste. As it's going to be very dark outside when I leave work now I won't be walking around for an hour tagging stops, so I'm going to take the opportunity to load up as much as I can when I can.

On 01/11/2016 at 17:46, disperse and recoagulate said:

What should I do, power up a ghastly, evolve it to haunter, power it up again and then evolve it to gengar or just power up and evolve a haunter?

The Ghastly (228 CP, simply amazing, defence is it's strongest feature, blown away WOW stats) :

OSMYEL1.png

The Haunter (430CP, simply amazes, HP is strongest feature along with Attack, blown away WOW stats) :

iC8BXPx.png

I'm thinking Haunter because it has two strongest features, but I reckon the Ghastly might end up as a higher CP Gengar than the Haunter will. The Haunter is always in the way of the power bar so can't see how far along the power up is.

I don't have enough stardust to do both.

Probably the Haunter, but don't power up anything until you've evolved it fully to see what moves you get.

7 minutes ago, disperse and recoagulate said:

Wait what?

i thought powering it up to max before evolving meant it ended up with higher CP?

Nope, doesn't matter when you power up, the final CP will be the same e.g. powering up a Haunter twice then evolving to a Gengar will get you the same CP as evolving then powering up twice.

10 minutes ago, GameplayJenny said:

Has the Hallowe'en special finished? Seem to be back to normal Pokemon (and nowhere near as many) and normal candy :(

Yep, finished but daily rewards on the way. Looking forward to catching a few pidgeys and weedles ready for a lucky egg.

8 minutes ago, superstarbeejay said:

I just managed to hit 400 earlier before it ended.

I got enough to evolve another nearly-perfect one and it had stinking Twister.

Hatched another couple of Karp but need 223 more sodding candies now. 'Have A Very Magikarp Christmas' would be my kind of event.

For some reason I thought this event was on until Saturday :(

Kabuto buddy was up to 49 out of 50 candy needed to evolve. Can't be bothered walking 5k for one more candy so have switched to Grimer and hopefully can find another Kabuto - could do with a better one for evolving anyway.

Has anyone else noticed that although the double candy bonus has stopped, the buddy I currently have ( Snorlax) is still saying 1.25Km to achieve a candy, and it's not due to it being half way through, as on the way home, I hat the 1.25km mark, and it has started me on the next candy.

Hopefully this will continue, as walking 5km to get Snorlax candy is evil, and I've got two of them to continuously power up fully now :P

13 hours ago, superstarbeejay said:

My Gyrados got twister and my arcanine got shit moves too. At least my latest dewgong is a beast.

Twister actually ain't so bad. You could argue it's the best defensive move for Gyarados. It's pretty annoying to fight against because it's very hard to get a charge move off against it as you never know when the defender's going to spam Twister 3-4 times in a row. Compared to Hydor Pump which is easy to dodge, and another dragon move, for me they're all roughly the same defensively (though Twister does come top of some people's defender tier list moveset things). I know Gyarados isn't the best defender really because double weakness to electric but still, a Twister Gyarados with high CP will cost you a potion or two to take down.