Just discovered if you turn your phone upside-down the screen goes black / dark which should save a bit if battery if you want to leave it active while in your pocket and walking about.  Of course on Android you could still accidentally touch the screen buttons in your pocket, so keep the screen facing away from your skin! 

Anybody got any tips on evolution vs power up? I read that evolving common pokemon such as Pidgey, which I am finding loads of, will net you 500XP each time without wasting any stardust. But obviously that will reduce the amount of candy you have to power up or evolve the next Pokemon (eg Pidgeotto). Do you get XP for powering up? Is there a guide with stats and numbers yet? 

Can you do anything with eggs apart from incubate them? Is 9 the max you can carry (for free)? 

How can you earn more insense? 

:lol: wow, I only got this today but have already sunk more time than I want to admit into it. Highlight was bumping into my neighbour and her 7 year old son.

"Don't tell me you're playing Pokemon Go too..." she said

"..... don't judge me."

I've only got a handful so far, will be interesting to see what happens at work - loads of landmarks there so hopefully a load of pokestop goodies.

I went into town and noticed someone out a lure on a Pokestop, so quickly headed over there and saw a group of people playing it. Caught a Dratini and some basic Pokemon. Then I saw down the road another stop had a lure on it so made my way down there and even more people were at that one.  

When this game officially comes out, it is going to be crazy.  I just can't stop playing and I'm exploring my town which I'm quite new to so I'm discovering some really nice places.

This trail by the river was a good spot for water Pokemon.

IMG_2016-07-11-12160790.png

I love this game been playing all day and found some cool little places round Manchester I didn't know about!...first gym taken with an audience present of fellow poke masters on a cycle path in the middle of nowhere . So bizarre !

Go team red!

Screenshot_20160712-212101.png

Screenshot_20160712-204214.png

Never played Pokemon before, apart from Alpha Sapphire earlier this year which I got bored with after the first gym, but I've just been wandering around Manchester with a mate catching Pokemon. It's crazy how many other people were doing the same :lol: 

It's a bit buggy, and I think it would do well to have a few more tips. For example, passed a whole load of Poke Stops earlier and didn't realise you had to spin the icon to get it to give you anything. Only when I saw in this thread that that was what you had to do did I get anything.

Little tip I found ( might be public knowledge ). 

If you have lots of pidgeys in your area collect and transfer for the candy. The pidgeys can evolve for 12 candy. This gives you 500 xp a time. 

I seemed to have loads of pidgey candy so evolved six pidgeys for instant 3000 xp.

35 minutes ago, Darhkwing said:

Little tip I found ( might be public knowledge ). 

If you have lots of pidgeys in your area collect and transfer for the candy. The pidgeys can evolve for 12 candy. This gives you 500 xp a time. 

I seemed to have loads of pidgey candy so evolved six pidgeys for instant 3000 xp.

When you hit level 9, the game gives you a Lucky Egg. This doubles your XP gain for the next 30 minutes.

Which was enough to take me from 9 through to 11 8-)

1 hour ago, Darhkwing said:

AFAIK that link is safe.

I was able to get it from Apkpure which seems safe enough...

Also, should you be letting have access to your contacts and photos/videos? 

Im assuming contacts is just so it can show you who out of your friends is playing?