36 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

Unlucky mate, that's where a scanner comes in so handy, you still have the adventure but you know where you need to get to and how long you have

I did try a scanner but it didn't find it. Looking at ingress I think it was over the other side of the dual carriageway, where I was about 40 minutes earlier. Ingress shows no XM in the field that I was looking in.

My new look team destroyed two Instinct gyms this morning. Popped in my Pokemon only to realise I had 4 hours to wait before I could collect my coins. First hour goes by, both still there. Second hour, looking good. Hour three Wigglytuff has been done in and returned to me. Half an to go, can still get 10 coins at least. About 10 minutes before I can claim, special delivery; it's my Vaporeon in a body bag. No coins for me. No happy <_<

Is Blastoise only rare over there then? It's not eactly common here, but I see one spawn quite often on my tracker, and have caught 5 or 6 of them elsewhere. It's Charmander and chums I've never seen a single one of - not even on a gym.

3 hours ago, deKay said:

I don't think any of the public ones work properly any more. I set my own private one up.

Fastpokemap.se is still working for me, helped me out earlier while I was looking for the Wigglytuff and Hitmonlee that have taken me to 99 out of 99 seen :)

Wigglytuff is useless though, I mean really...87 CP?? lol

Disaster, I've run out of data on my phone. This barely impacted my data but I'd stupidly been using it for YouTube due to how bad my home WiFi has been. That and snapchat has ran me dry so no more Pokemon hunting until the start of October :(

Never has for me - like all the others, my local area is always blank on them. Seems only large towns and cities are covered.

I have had a similar experience to you but that site seems to actually work for me. Much more accurately and reliably than anything else I have tried.
39 minutes ago, deKay said:

Never has for me - like all the others, my local area is always blank on them. Seems only large towns and cities are covered.

I live in the countryside, we have 1 gym and 5 stops in a 2 mile radius, don't get me wrong, it's a bit slow, but it works reasonably well.

Both Hitmonlee and Wigglytuff showed up on it, but the other night when I was searching for Liuckitongue, it didn't, and I was practically stood on top of it anyway.

Guess it just depends on some random stuff.

47 minutes ago, superstarbeejay said:

I have had a similar experience to you but that site seems to actually work for me. Much more accurately and reliably than anything else I have tried.

Same, other than Pokevision none of the others I have tried have worked until FastPokeMap, it's been flawless for me so far, and weirdly addictive searching places like New York and seeing what's about.

Yesterday I managed to put a pokemon on 6 different gyms to collect the 60 coin bonus and here we are 21 hours on and I'm still resident at all 6 so I've just banked another 60! Most are small villages but one is a country park where I'd have expected enough footfall to see at least one person from a rival gym have a crack at it. 

In shop terms 120 coins is worth about 94p but it's made me happy!

With the help of fastpokemap.se I have managed to confirm a really nice spawn point. I've monitored it for the last hour and it has had 7 magicarp, 2 dratinitis, 2 poliwags, 2 psyducks, 3 staryus, several slowpokes, several goldeens all with about 400 meters of river bank. I plan to go down this morning, spend a bit of time there and drop an incense as last time I drop an incense there I got lots of water spawns from it. Unfortunately it is raining at the moment.

Finally got enough candy to evolve an Electrode (rubbish), a Dewgong (surprisingly good moves but I probably still won't use it) and a Nidoking (has earthquake which makes it a keeper).

Four 5K eggs are on 4.5K this morning. Wondering how many of them will be Psyducks and Staryus.

2 hours ago, deKay said:

The site *works*, and if I point it at London or even the middle of Norwich, it's fine. Anywhere more rural and it's blank though.

Are you using it correctly? When I start it up it is blank. Then I have to point it an area for it to scan by pressing the scan button. I can point it anywhere and it will work. Sometimes takes about a minute but usually between 10 and 20 seconds. The reason it will show things in cities is because other people have activated scans there. In my area, I am the only one scanning so have to wait for the scan to run. I've used it for magicarp hunting this morning in a rural area and in has been 100% accurate.