Sitting in my living room, what's that shadow on my sightings, is it..no it can't be... it FUCKING IS... SNORLAX OUTSIDE - 999CP, not the greatest but i'll take it, give it a razzberry, wind up an ultra ball and hit it with an excellent curve ball, 1....2...JUMP....RUN.... Fuck You snorlax.

I have two spawn points I can reach from my sofa. One in the garden with mostly crap countryside mons, and one in the street that cycles between Staryu, Slowpoke, Poliwag, Magikarp and now and then a Dratini. 

I have 33 evolutions saved up. Should I keep saving? How many should I aim for?

13 minutes ago, NexivRed said:

I have two spawn points I can reach from my sofa. One in the garden with mostly crap countryside mons, and one in the street that cycles between Staryu, Slowpoke, Poliwag, Magikarp and now and then a Dratini. 

I have 33 evolutions saved up. Should I keep saving? How many should I aim for?

What part of Ippy are you in? I need those Dratini's next time I head to town :P

yes, keep saving, best I have managed is 73 evolutions in the 30 mins, solidly paying attention for 30 mins to that sodding animation rutine is mind numbing, but 73k xp was well worth it :)

My 2 spawns are once per hour on about 47 and 51 mins. Perfectly timed to head out about 50 and pick up the first before walking 50 yards to the other. They both appear on my sightings while in my house so I'll put pokego on at 50 and if it is not worth going out for, I won't. Most of the time it is though. Before I left for work this morning, it was a venonat and a pidgey so didn't bother.

In other news, I caught an aggexutor on the way to work for the first time. I missed out on one ages ago so good to fill that slot.

9 hours ago, Thunder Monk said:

These tales of interesting Pokemon being caught while at home makes me very envious. There is a spawn outside my house, I only get Pidgeys, Weedle's and Ratatta's. 

How frequently are you all checking these spawns? Am I just not checking enough?

Nothing's changed much for me. Still Pidgys, Rattatas, Spearows, etc. Occasionally Venonats and Krabbys. Nothing worth leaving the sofa for.

Though weirdly I've noticed water pokemon spawning more in non-water biomes since the weekend. Random Magikarps stranded on dry land. That sort of thing.

Hatched another Magikarp to add to the list of contenders 

Magi5: cp135, amazes, attack strongest, defence just as impressive, stats excellent 

Was looking good until the stats part. I want amazes/wow 

Also hatched another Doduo that has given me enough candy to evolve him. 

On the subject of home spawns I have one on the corner of my street I can reach from my house. It's quite good and I've managed to catch from it: Growlithe, Clefairys, Bellsprouts, so many Eevees, Venonats, a CP31 Dragonite, Nidorans, Horsea and Geodude. Plus the usual suspects. 

My home spawns seem to be the same; an endless procession of fucking Drowzees.

At work, the Waitrose across the road has apparently gained Venonats to go with the mostly Weedles and Pidgeys, but Sightings has more Bellsprouts and Oddish than usual. (I also caught a Pikachu last night, the first one I have ever seen in the wild.) However, this spawn can often give me beauties, so I am hopeful that the new rules will allow me to fill the Lapras-shaped hole that currently besmirches my otherwise flawless Pokedex.

Saw a level 9 Instinct gym this morning. As if that wasn't rare enough, it had a 600 CP Dugtrio on it. And ONLY that Dugtrio. Somebody basically took the gym, levelled the hell out of it, and left it. Annoyingly, the bus never quite got near enough for long enough to let me drop something on there. But, I like the idea, and if I ever get the time I'm going to do the same thing somewhere!

16 minutes ago, *chin* said:

Interesting, I never thought of that tactic! But does it not give a big prestige boost when you place a pokemon on? So it is much harder work to level up the gym by yourself?

If you use a slightly lower CP mon than the one defending it, you get a decent chunk of prestige for the gym when you defeat it.

I did this last night on my local for a while, but the 277 Ratata I put on there was a poor choice, as the only thing I had to then attack it with was a 230 Weedle, and the battles were a little too close and my Revives were running out.

The gym down the road in the village after next is level 10, 50,000 Prestige and each mon in there is 1500+ CP, thinking of getting a few peeps together and going down to destroy it, sick of seing it every time I drive past :P

My Pokedex is at 112, all of the 5k egg level Pokemon I'm in good shape, but the 10k and 2k level I'm not doing very great.

I enjoy the game but I'm definetly a more casual gamer, I play to and from work and when I'm out and about, I never go out for a walk specifically for Pokemon. This plus no tracking function means the game will have a limited life span for me. 

A lot of my friend have already given up, we had a WhatsApp group of about 20 for the first few weeks after launch but it's now very quiet, last message was over two weeks ago.

Niantic need to come up with something to increase the longevity, the buddy feature helps but it's not enough, I'm 80 candies from a Dragonite, that's a lot of walking.

I just wish there was something to do with the Pokemon I've got. I have some really nice ones with great IVs around the 1000 CP mark, but all I keep thinking is how they're shit and I need to find better to beat the big shots in the city gyms. 

P vs P please!!!

3 hours ago, CheekyLee said:

Saw a level 9 Instinct gym this morning. As if that wasn't rare enough, it had a 600 CP Dugtrio on it. And ONLY that Dugtrio. Somebody basically took the gym, levelled the hell out of it, and left it. Annoyingly, the bus never quite got near enough for long enough to let me drop something on there. But, I like the idea, and if I ever get the time I'm going to do the same thing somewhere!

Bubblestrat

It requires very specific pokemon to do it "properly". But there are suboptimal versions. It seems like this might have been one of them. I've leveled a gym to 5 like this before, but got a bit bored to be honest. But I was only getting 500 prestige per battle because I haven't got the exact right pokemon yet.

I've seen 1 Snorlax silhouette while at a pub quiz, but couldn't find the bugger before it despawned.

Then, walking home, I saw the silhouette and feared that it was going to be in the mobile signal deadspot I was about to pass through. Thankfully, it was actually on the other side of it, and I wasn't even upset at the fairly pitiful 585 CP.. 

OK, I was upset! But, you know, theyre no longer anything special anyway. To be honest, I'm much happier about having possibly the only Dewgong I've ever seen, Pretty soon, I'll have a Golem that kicks arse, and then I'll work on making a Victreebell that will make all the local Vaporeons cry!

10 minutes ago, CheekyLee said:

I've seen 1 Snorlax silhouette while at a pub quiz, but couldn't find the bugger before it despawned.

Then, walking home, I saw the silhouette and feared that it was going to be in the mobile signal deadspot I was about to pass through. Thankfully, it was actually on the other side of it, and I wasn't even upset at the fairly pitiful 585 CP.. 

OK, I was upset! But, you know, theyre no longer anything special anyway. To be honest, I'm much happier about having possibly the only Dewgong I've ever seen, Pretty soon, I'll have a Golem that kicks arse, and then I'll work on making a Victreebell that will make all the local Vaporeons cry!

I have a Dewgong. Sorry...

On the level 10 gyms with one 'Mon in, look up bubblestrat. I now have 2 viable combos so plan to take out one near to me tonight. I have my daughter's account too so should be able to bubblestrat with her poliwag and then drop my 2200 Snorlax on the top rung. Will be interesting to see how long it lasts.

1 hour ago, CheekyLee said:

I dunno, I think they're still pretty special. That CP! And the fact that nothing in the game counters them. The more I see on gyms and the more I hear of people catching them the more I NEED one :).