Hatched a Machomp today on a 5K egg & caught a Parasect, Meowth & Jigglypuff whilst sat on my sofa over the weekend.

Still missing 2 pokemon that I have seen but failed to catch. Venomoth which I will get when I evolve the two venonat I have & Rhyhorn which I have not seen again :(

2 hours ago, DirkCrisis said:

Turned my 700-ish Growlithe into a 1600 ish Arcanine. It's nice and all but I still yearn for a Rapidash, Ninetails & Aerodactyl. Those things are gonna be difficult to get given the scarcity of Ponytas & Vulpixes around here.

I'm sick of seeing Ponytas. Have caught 2 Rapidashes and enough candy to evolve one of the 6 Ponytas I still have. Wish Vulpix and Growlithe were as common around here.

I put Pokemon  into two gyms before work today, not even high level ones, expected them to be dead by now but both are still there. Don't know where those two wee Team Yellow pricks are at, must be toying with me. 

5 hours ago, CheekyLee said:

You have to be lower CP than the bottom slot to get the 500 prestige, and half the CP to get the 1000. Sure, you can always beat it with something higher, but that's much less efficient. That Flareon is almost certainly a better way to go, because the whole world has Vaporeons now. But, that's not how these kids think! They all want to slam their fucking highest CP all over everything, making it a colossal pain in the arse to train against it. (Yes, Slowbro specifically, because that just seems to be what I always come across when looking for a friendly gym.)

I wansnt suggesting training with higher CP Pokemon to get 200 prestige per battle. I know how the gym system works :), I think you misunderstood. I was saying that by putting lower CP Pokemon on like you suggest, you're not really making it any easier to train, because of that very fact, in fact! Training is about relative CP, not high or low. And in a way your forcing people to have more pokemon at certain ranges in order to train optimally by putting 1000 CP Pokemon at the bottom (although it's slightly cheaper in potions, I really don't think that's making a huge difference to anyone). Like I said, a 1000 CP Slowbro is actually harder for people with 1000+ electric pokemon to get prestige against, than a 1500 Slowbro.

Of course people are putting their highest CP Pokemon onto gyms. Because otherwise they just increase their chances on getting kicked off. They're just playing the game. I think the whole gym system is a better target for your ire personally, rather than the kids just playing to that system.

Before I choose my buddy is it a case of having one BFF or can you change your best friend at the drop of a hat?

Today was a good day in Greenwich, I caught a wild Magmar and Clefable but also managed to evolve a Magneton and Machoke.

Still no sign of a bloody Pikachu though!

28 minutes ago, Indy @ S.E. said:

Before I choose my buddy is it a case of having one BFF or can you change your best friend at the drop of a hat?

Today was a good day in Greenwich, I caught a wild Magmar and Clefable but also managed to evolve a Magneton and Machoke.

Still no sign of a bloody Pikachu though!

Apparently you can change it but you lose any progress towards the candy you've been working towards.

The candy earns apparently is the same as the eggs they hatch from, which means my plan of getting some quick evee candy just hit a snag

Finally after nearly two months I caught my first jigglypuff today.

Still no pikachu here either though 

15 minutes ago, *chin* said:

:o Need to check that out!

Yep Pikachu is 1km, I wanted Charmander but he is 3km.

Full list below (spoiler for length).

Spoiler

Pokemon Go: 1km per Candy Buddy Pokemon

Caterpie

Metapod

Butterfree

Weedle

Kakuna

Beedrill

Pidgey

Pidgeotto

Pidgeot

Rattata

Raticate

Spearow

Fearow

Pikachu

Raichu

Clefairy

Clefable

Jigglypuff

Wigglytuff

Zubat

Golbat

Geodude

Graveler

Golem

Magikarp

Gyarados

Pokemon Go: 3km per Candy Buddy Pokemon

Bulbasaur

Ivysaur

Venusaur

Charmander

Charmeleon

Charizard

Squirtle

Wartortle

Blastoise

Ekans

Abrok

Sandshrew

Sandslash

Nidron (F)

Nidorina

Nidoqueen

Nidoran (M)

Nidorino

Nidoking

Vulpix

Ninetales

Oddish

Gloom

Vileplume

Paras

Parasect

Venonat

Venomoth

Diglett

Dugtrio

Meowth

Persian

Psyduck

Golduck

Mankey

Primeape

Growlithe

Arcanine

Poliwag

Poliwhirl

Poliwrath

Abra

Kadabra

Alakazam

Machop

Machoke

Machamp

Bellsprout

Weepinbell

Victreebel

Tentacool

Tentacruel

Ponyta

Rapidash

Slowpoke

Slowbro

Magnemite

Mangeton

Farfetch’d

Doduo

Dodrio

Seel

Dewgong

Grimer

Muk

Shellder

Cloyster

Gastly

Haunter

Gengar

Drowzee

Hypno

Krabby

Kingler

Voltorb

Electrode

Exeggcute

Exeggutor

Cubone

Marowak

Lickitung

Koffing

Weezing

Rhyhorn

Rhydon

Tangela

Kangaskhan

Horsea

Seadra

Goldeen

Seaking

Staryu

Starmie

Tauros

Porygon

Pokemon Go: 5km per Candy Buddy Pokemon

Onyx

Hitmonlee

Hitmonchan

Chansey

Mr. Mime

Scyther

Jynx

Electabuzz

Magmar

Pinsir

Lapras

Eevee

Vaporeon

Jolteon

Flareon

Omanyte

Omastar

Kabuto

Kabutops

Aerodactyl

Snorlax

Dratini

Dragonair

Dragonite

Pokemon Go: Unknown Buddy Pokemon Candy Distances

Ditto

Articuno

Zapdos

Moltres

Mewtwo

Mew

I have a Dragonair but I see Dratini so rarely that it's gonna take me a while to get 100 candy for the evolution.

Have opted to buddy with Magikarp for the time being to grind away at some of that candy although it's constant struggle in the bottom left hand corner of the screen is distracting.

I needed two candy to evolve a Meowth, and I've not seen any in weeks (not even on my tracker) and the last two I got were from eggs, so as soon as I got the update I assigned one as my buddy and resigned myself to having to walk 3km, twice. Went out just now for a walk, and at 3km* my Meowth found a candy. As I dismissed the dialogue, a fucking Meowth appeared on the path in front of me.

For fucksake.

* 3km recorded for the candy, but simultaneously 3.8km distance recorded for the egg being incubated. What the hell. Actual distance travelled 4.8km-ish, but yeah, that's pretty normal.

Well, it was on the tracker too so not unique to me. I've not seen a Meowth since they changed something and made Mr Mimes and Magmars pretty common round here - Meowths, Horseas and Oddishes seemed to vanish at the same time.

Didn't mean it would be unique to you. Your client would be sending your buddy data and GPS location to the server, so it's plausible that that could be used to affect what spawns near you, and the same for everyone. Again, seems even more unlikely when I continue typing about it :).

It is very unlikely that a buddy could affect normal spawns as they are global.

A buddy could potentially affect incense spawns, as they are only for you. I don't think anyone has found a link between buddies and any type of spawns though.

EDIT: Cheers gospvg

58 minutes ago, gospvg said:

iOS users does the app crash for you on start up & take you back to the home screen?

I have to start it about 4 or 5 times before it fires up.

I'm still on iOS9

yeah. occasionally I kill the app as the battery saver function goes a bit mad and starts blanking out the screen when it shouldn't. I did it today and it sent me a notification I'd never seen before (your session has ended, hit this notification to restart).

Took a bunch of restarts and a logout - login to get back in after that.

I'd expect another update soon cos they've clearly fucked something up.

15 minutes ago, _Pow_ said:

yeah. occasionally I kill the app as the battery saver function goes a bit mad and starts blanking out the screen when it shouldn't. I did it today and it sent me a notification I'd never seen before (your session has ended, hit this notification to restart).

Took a bunch of restarts and a logout - login to get back in after that.

I'd expect another update soon cos they've clearly fucked something up.

I just leave the app running in the background & don't close it. It seems to be happier with that now.

I've had some excellent luck with eggs recently. Got a 1700+ Snorlax from a 10k, then this from a 5k, then a 960 Tangela and then my luck ran out (relatively) with a poliwag today which still appraised amazingly and is almost max level. Got another 5k on the go right now. I am popping one or 2 5ks every day now.Screenshot_20160913-173230.png

Good day for Magikarp hunting, caught a load and up to 360 candy now.

New 'mon of theach day was this guy: 

jVSEjac.jpg

First one I've seen, will take a while to get enough candy for him, might make him my buddy but currently have Koffing  (KOFFING!!) there.

Love how Weedle chills on your shoulder when you pick him: 

9dQCXTE.jpg

:lol::wub:

Corfu continues to deliver, with a wild Clefairy and a round-island coach tour that tackled some winding hill roads very slowly and so gave me enough buddy-candy for a Rhydon.

That's 110 in the Pokedex now, still no radars or other assists used. 

Seen some Pokemon Go t-shirts here too.