rgraves

Pokemon Go

18 minutes ago, gospvg said:

Seem's to be stable now, I am logged in with my google account on my mobile & trainer account on the work mobile.

Best of both worlds for me, I don't want to lose my Pkiachu on my level 16 account.

Will you be able to trade them over to your preferred account when they introduce trading? 

7 minutes ago, Azrael said:

Will you be able to trade them over to your preferred account when they introduce trading? 

In theory yes because they are two separate accounts. More importantly it means the kids (I'm really talking about myself) can still  play the gamer when one or either account servers are offline.

17 minutes ago, gospvg said:

In theory yes because they are two separate accounts. More importantly it means the kids (I'm really talking about myself) can still  play the gamer when one or either account servers are offline.

Pokemon Trainers Club is part of Nintendo, and their online offerings generally fall to pieces when more than about 12 people try to access them at the same time. Ask anyone who tried to redeem Club Nintendo PIN codes in the months leading up to the service being discontinued. Plus, as there is seemingly no bonus for using your PTC login, at least nothing advertised yet, I'd say stick with the Google login anyway. 

1 hour ago, gospvg said:

Fuck it I'm pissed off with the Pokemon Trainer servers always going offline, I've started the game again with my google account.

Thankfully my level 5 character account is still active from the US install.

Yup I started a Google account game today. Ran all over the common so I could get a Pikachu starter :). I'll just use it when PTC goes down and I happen to be out and about. Also, yeah if they ever implement trading (which is far more likely than them sorting this out or allowing us to swap our accounts over imo), we can just trade a load of stuff over.

• Upvote 1

Hatched this mofo a couple of days ago and just put him through the IV calculator.

rhyhorn.PNG

Not bad! Definitely the best I've had so far. Some kind chap (or lady!) on reddit has directed me to a Rhyhorn farm in Russell Square, so gonna head there some point soon. Need to catch around 8 of them to evolve him. And a few more would be good to power him up if he gets good moves :).

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, gospvg said:

This hatched from a 5K egg, I've not seen that Pokemon before.

image.png

I discovered there's actually a nest of those in Stowmarket. Really wanna catch one. 

A trip into old Ippy gave me 85 balls and 18 greats, phew! Was weird having none and I refuse to buy any. 

I'm desperate for some more Caterpie to level up my Butterfree. I called him Bye Bye cos I'm a total drip ^_^

8 minutes ago, NexivRed said:

A trip into old Ippy gave me 85 balls and 18 greats, phew! Was weird having none and I refuse to buy any. 

I also refuse to buy balls, but I have just dropped my second £3.99 to increase my bag by another 100, and got a couple of Lures with the leftover coins.

9 minutes ago, NexivRed said:

I'm desperate for some more Caterpie to level up my Butterfree. I called him Bye Bye cos I'm a total drip ^_^

I've not even seen that episode, but I'm feeling the BAAAWWWs even now.

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, John0 said:

Hatched this mofo a couple of days ago and just put him through the IV calculator.

rhyhorn.PNG

Not bad! Definitely the best I've had so far. Some kind chap (or lady!) on reddit has directed me to a Rhyhorn farm in Russell Square, so gonna head there some point soon. Need to catch around 8 of them to evolve him. And a few more would be good to power him up if he gets good moves :).

Nice. Primrose Hill is good for them too, they're always on Pokevision but it's that bit too far for me to go to consistently.

So i was vaguely keeping an eye on Pokevision (when it's working) while at work & just noticed a Snorlax spawn about 5min walk away with 11mins left. I headed over to the location by Spitalfields market to literally see people running there from all directions. Loads of groups of 4-5 people all phones out super excited. 

Love that side of this game so much :)

• Upvote 5

9 hours ago, carlospie said:

It seems to me like Niantex have no idea how to handle how popular this game has become. I'm a hardcore gamer and even I am frustrated by the poor GPS,  teleporting about the map,  stupid gym structure and piss poor fighting.  I  cant imagine what Jonny casual is thinking about it. 

The majority of casual players i know have never even bothered with the gyms. They just happy catching pokemon. They seem amazed when i tell them something different about the game each time (ie being able to trade for candy and the lures on pokestops ect). 

Haven't been too active on this over the past few days, just been collecting what I could on the way to and from work, but I'm gonna head to the nearest bus stop now and take over that gym. Only need 10 more Pokecoins to buy a lucky egg!! Been saving up so many Pokémon to evolve later, I can't waaaaaaait! 

just now was a lovely reminder why I've been putting less effort into this game over the past few days: I walk to the gym and as I start the battle the servers die on me. Took several attempts to log back on, but still unable to battle, or send Pokémon away, or do anything really.

Waste of my time <_<

Saw in the last 24 hours that someone in the UK has caught every UK pokemon and got a US only Taurus from an egg. Guy says he has spent every free moment on the game since launch and lost 3 stone in the process. 3 stone in a month is pretty fucking good going!

Also saw someone had reached level 40 already. Now that's mental!

GrahamS: The Imperial War Museum park is fantastic for Dratinis - there seems to always be one, and sometimes you can get three or four in a single circuit of the park. Also fairly regular Eevees and Nidorans - it's a great hunting spot in general, as you have 10 or so 'stops in close proximity, including a triangle by the front cannon that are almost always lured up by the many teenage visitors. Plus the museum's free :)

I've only just realised the Fisherman and Youngster (magikarp and rattata) trophies aren't bugged - they specify 'big' magikarp and 'tiny' rattata - anyone know what qualifies? XL and XS maybe, but I still think I would have hit these by now..

• Upvote 3

Claimed my first gym tonight. My friend and I went around my town to try get one and hit up some Pokestops. He took the first gym cause my app crashed and then we stuck our Pokemon on that. Then we headed to another and took that together in a duel attack. I didn't know you could tag team a gym, that was pretty cool.

Immediately after we took both gyms, other people stuck Pokemon on them too. We were sat outside one, won the gym, someone drove up, parked, looked at his phone and drove off again. Then a massive CP'd Snorlax appeared ontop of the gym lol.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Stigweard said:

Claimed my first gym tonight. My friend and I went around my town to try get one and hit up some Pokestops. He took the first gym cause my app crashed and then we stuck our Pokemon on that. Then we headed to another and took that together in a duel attack. I didn't know you could tag team a gym, that was pretty cool.

Immediately after we took both gyms, other people stuck Pokemon on them too. We were sat outside one, won the gym, someone drove up, parked, looked at his phone and drove off again. Then a massive CP'd Snorlax appeared ontop of the gym 

Motherfucker has tank Snorlax like that he should be IN THE DAMN TRENCHES with you guys instead of sniping for easy coins. Even if you're all Instinct, which pretty much requires guerilla tactics, that's still pretty annoying.

6 hours ago, NexivRed said:

Best egg hatch ever :wub: Hatched a tad lower and I powered it up 5 times cos it's IVs were near perfect. 

image.png

How do you work put the IVs. I saw a calculator online but where do you get the stats from, cause I don't see where you get attack/defence etc from. Or is that what the zen headbutt/hyper beam are? How do you know which is which?

7 hours ago, Barnard said:

Whoa. How have you found so many, what kind of distances have you travelled?

About 30km? Not far.

I've caught over 500, but I don't think that's that many!

• Upvote 1