rgraves

Pokemon Go

9 minutes ago, Naieve said:

hmm, the next big raid day is Gengar rather than a legendary. I wouldn't mind a shiny but the exclusive charge move is Psychic which feels a bit pointless.

The exclusive charge move is Psychic? Haven't read that before now. Oh, well never mind on the charge move but shiny gengar!

The best news is that as a tier 4 raid, I'll be able to do it with just my 2 accounts, so I can continue to run around doing them, when everyone else has had enough.

1 hour ago, Naieve said:

it's not enormously hard to solo but you'll get a lot more done if you go out mob handed

Tier 4 isn't soloable, but duoable. Unfortunately, out in the sticks, mobs are really not that common. I image we'll be able to get enough for the 5 free but very few if anyone else will want to go on beyond that.

12 minutes ago, TehStu said:

Is there significance to the number 108? Not sure if a Pokemon or Halloween thing. 8 new stops is going to need some planning.

Something like Spirtomb is made up of 108 souls in the lore.

51 minutes ago, probotector said:

Why would you need 30 gengar though!

there is not much difference between an 80% and a 100% iv mon!!!

6 are enough!

Yes they are. You’re right to question it, and it’s because I’m a bit nuts.

But... we need to guarantee the shiny. I did 27 Articunos apwith no shiny. I had a friend in my group for all three raid days, a total of 89 raids... she got one shiny bird.

But in the then I’ll probaby just end up with duplicates and need to delete them. So yeah, back to nuts and stupid.

Did about 26 Zapdos raids without a shiny. Wasn't able to do the other 2. I better get a shiny Gengar, and a 100% one to make up for it. 

Besides it's also good for XP which. 

22 minutes ago, thesnowman said:

Yes they are. You’re right to question it, and it’s because I’m a bit nuts.

But... we need to guarantee the shiny. I did 27 Articunos apwith no shiny. I had a friend in my group for all three raid days, a total of 89 raids... she got one shiny bird.

But in the then I’ll probaby just end up with duplicates and need to delete them. So yeah, back to nuts and stupid.

A friend did 42 moltres and no shiney!

13 hours ago, TehStu said:

Is there significance to the number 108? Not sure if a Pokemon or Halloween thing. 8 new stops is going to need some planning.

At midnight on December 31, Buddhist temples all over Japan ring their bells a total of 108 times (除夜の鐘 joyanokane) to symbolize the 108 human sins in Buddhist belief.

^Copied from Wikipedia.

They ring the bells to cleanse your soul of the past year's sins.

Edit: and yes, probably that's why Spiritomb has 108 souls.

• Upvote 3

On 26/10/2018 at 12:44, The Grand Pursuivant said:

If anyone lives in London a very large area around Comiccon is spawning Unowns M, C, L, O, N and D.

Pretty large if it’s centred on Excel - from the west they start appearing at Bank junction and from the southwest Borough High St/Borough Market, so probably well into Bromley, Dagenham and Stratford too.

This is mental.  The postponed Beldum community day in Japan. Admittedly this is Akihabara, but there isn't an un-lured stop to be seen and there are actually literally hundreds of people lining the streets to catch 'em all.

18-10-28-14-52-06-439_deco.jpg

• Upvote 3

59 minutes ago, Azrael said:

Was looking into getting a gotcha and also thinking I needed another/better portable charger... 

someone on discord mentioned the connection is worse when it's plugged into the battery :mellow:

"With 1200mAh capacity there is enough extra juice to power your smartphone - adding hours to those epic gaming sessions."

That would add about a single hour of Pokemon Go on most phones, tops.

The Gotcha is great, get one, just not the ranger thing as the battery pack is crap.

Also, the Gotcha is a Xioami Band 1.  You can get replacement straps for about a quid if the one that comes with it breaks, or is too garish for you.  I've used a cheapo Ali Express strap on mine, with daily use for probably over a year now and it's perfect.

Battery pack wise, it's all down to how good your phone is at keeping charge, and what you want to carry.  For community day, I take the MASSIVE battery pack I bought for powering my Switch.  Total overkill, but I never run out.   On the flip side, my tethered 2nd account phone, a Xioami Redmi Note 4, happily lasts the 3 hours+ of PoGo playing with about 40% battery left at the end.

Looking forward to Gengar day, though need to get a squad set up. 

Duo'd a Ttar raid this morning for a pinap catch and a ton of candy too, so pretty please with that :)

Anyone work in Manchester? I'm here and really need to trade to move everything on. I wouldn't usually ask but this is annoying me now, so if you're about, I'm here over lunch. You can tweet me (same username)