rgraves

Pokemon Go

1 hour ago, Onze said:

Worden Park in Leyland (Lancashire) spawns Charmanders all day.

https://fastpokemap.se/#53.68351743054027,-2.696521282196045

Thank you. People keep on mentioning this place, and I guess it's not really that far, but as geeky as I am, even I baulk at the idea of travelling for an hour just to catch some Pokemon.

Spoiler

For now, at any rate.

10 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

How reliable is that though? I used something like it before and someone had marked it as a Pikachu nest and there was nothing..

It's pretty good, from my experience. The key thing is to check whether they are marked as nests or spawns on the map and understand the difference

Nest: A small area where a particular Pokémon is very common. Constant, regular spawns (at least more than 5 per hour).

Spawn: A small area where a particular Pokémon is common. Sporadic, irregular spawks (usually less than 5 times per hour).

9 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

How reliable is that though? I used something like it before and someone had marked it as a Pikachu nest and there was nothing..

Yeah the curated London nest map is getting more and more unreliable now. It seems like maybe instead of a nest switch at the weekend like everyone was expecting, nests are now being changed more gradually. There's the odd change, creation, and deletion, but it's all happening quite slowly. I'm not sure anyone's really grasped what's going on yet.

15 minutes ago, _Pow_ said:

a guy on the other side of the building is getting Dratinis spawning at his desk. Whataprick

Get him booked into loads of off-site meetings and hot desk in his office.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, John0 said:

So, there's a theory that the pokestops that you get your eggs from can affect the pokemon that come out of them. So if you get an egg from a stop right next to water, that's close to a lot of water spawning points (Magikarp, Poliway, Psyduck, etc) then it could be more likely to hatch water pokemon.

Just a theory though, nothing confirmed. But you could be experiencing something like that.

There aren't any pokestops anywhere near where the Ponyta keeps appearing, nor where the Psyduck did today. My local stop, where I get most of my eggs, is in a weedle/pidgey/rattata-only area too.

Nice theory though :)

1 hour ago, gooner4life said:

Yeah it's like Dratini and Dragonair were originally meant to evolve into Gyarados.

Makes utter sense, too, when you think about Magikarp > Dragonite.  But then, there are loads of these. Look at Venonat, and then explain why the hell it didn't become Butterfree? (And vice versa for Caterpie > Venomoth.)

• Upvote 1

On 20 September 2016 at 13:15, John0 said:

Wtf where the hell are all these Snorlaxes?! Feel like the only level 27 Snorlaxless player in the world :(.

Hang in there bro, it'll happen. I'm mid way through level 26 and had resigned myself to never seeing one, but today he hatched from a 10k egg - after two in a row had given me Jynxes :) 

image.png

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, _Pow_ said:

Speaking of Dratini, it's evolution line is completely ridiculous.

You can't go Blue Snake > Fancier Blue Snake > Yellow Pete's Dragon, FFS

Orange, surely. 

5 hours ago, CheekyLee said:

Thank you. People keep on mentioning this place, and I guess it's not really that far, but as geeky as I am, even I baulk at the idea of travelling for an hour just to catch some Pokemon.

Reveal hidden contents

For now, at any rate.

I decided to dedicate some serious time in Worden Park today.  I was there for about 1 hour 45 minutes and I managed to get 18 Charmanders with only 1 escapee.  I don't use a scanner and never have but I was helped along by several other hunters on the hunt as well as me.

• Upvote 1

Most of my hatches simply amaze but a few have just been strong. 

2 more squirtles and 1 Charmander today, but no Bulbasaurs. 

Also another Omanyte, Kabuto and Dratini. Have over 500 Magikarp candy but still looking for the perfect Karp. 

Another 2 Growlithes. One 600+ CP but may not be great in battle and one that amazes but only 146cp. Frustrating. 

Did get another Diglett and 2 Exeggcutes which means they can be evolved. 

6 hours ago, deKay said:

Hmm.

Saw a Ponyta I couldn't catch (it was too far away in a locked field), and minutes later hatched an egg with one in.

A few days later, caught a Meowth, and seconds later hatched an egg with one in it.

Today I caught a Psyduck, and then immediately hatched an egg with one in it.

I've had it in the past with a venonat, butterfree and eevee too. Can't just be lots of coincidences, surely?

I have also had this suspicion.

Both Bulbasaurs and Pickachus spawn regularly and Kabutos spawn at the same time each day just outside my work in Edinburgh. With all those Bulbasaurs, I've managed to evolve ones into both an Ivy and Venusaur. That now leaves me just to evolve a Charmeleon into a Charizard for the starters but Charmanders are few and far between.

46 minutes ago, GameplayJenny said:

I just accidentally saw Santa Monica pier when looking at that Pokemon live map and I am now steaming with uncontrollable envy

ikr....bitches. 

I I just evolved my first Squirtle. It wasn't a Wow! Or Crazy high CP, but it was an egg hatch and I was anxious to get my first "big 4" evolution. 

He ended up 800+ CP. Called him Shades. 

Anyone else had an issue where when they login it prompts them to agree to the terms and conditions again and then start setting up the character again?

Thought it might have been a ban for some reason, but I thought in that case it would have stopped me from logging in or I would have had an email.

As a side note I haven't actually finished setting up the account again as I wasn't sure if that would completely clear it out if there was some chance it was a fuckup there end and I might be able to get it back.

My first bubblestrat attempt didn't quite go to plan.

Turns out that my daughter's poliwag is a fraction too strong to work. My weedle and caterpie can get in all bar one hit needed to take it down without taking damage. Unfortunately as soon as they do take one hit they die. I caught another level 1 poliwag today and tried that but that is also too strong. I only need one more hit for it to work.

I had more success with my magicarp. The caterpie can take it down only losing a few hp which means that I have to heal it every few goes which is a slight annoyance but I can make 500 prestige about every 20 seconds.

The other things I learnt is that having to find the right pokemon again each fight is annoying so once I have done my next mass evolve I am going to favorite the bubble strat 'mons so that they are quicker to get to. The other annoyance is using a gym with something already in it as you have to quickly withdraw the pokemon before it dies to the next opponent.

So ideally use a fresh gym that you have just cleared and have the attacking pokemon favorited to appear right at the top so that the time between battles is reduced. With this knowledge, when my magicarp gets booted out of the gym it is in now I will take it to another opposition gym, take it down and start from there.

Add a "1" before the name of your Bubblestraters - then sort by name. 

That's better than favouriting, because I favourite anything I don't want to accidentally transfer - i.e. a lot of things.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Soi said:

That's better than favouriting, because I favourite anything I don't want to accidentally transfer - i.e. a lot of things.

Hadn't that of that, thanks

37 minutes ago, Soi said:

To make them easier to find, I prefix all of my 'mon with a full stop when saving them up for a mass lucky egg-fuelled evolution marathon. Double full stop for those which are going to create new entries in the Pokedex.