rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  

Narcos - Season 4 on 16 November

... And binge watch I did. Which I think is actually the best way to view this series:

Spoiler

I don't think it needs as much time as it takes to tell the story it's got left, so watching it week-by-week could leave you feeling a little dissatisfied with the progress. It's basically an almost endless cycle of escalating violence interspersed with Escobar's family concerns. In one chunk, however, it's tremendously thrilling and engaging, watching the dominoes fall one by one and pondering the murky web of various interests picking at the pieces. There's a strong hint that the story may continue beyond its initial focus, which I wouldn't mind seeing (obviously the whole shebang didn't end with Escobar), but the compelling character of the man and Moura's performance really brought it to life and I don't know which figure can fill that void.

Yeah, I've just finished episode three.  This really is gripping stuff.  I know it has been dramatised to an extent but to think all of this crazy shit actually happened is just mad.

Wagner Moura is a hell of an actor.

If you think about it, there's loads of good stuff that can turn up... I'd imagine it will eventually end up close to modern day and the Mexican cartels... Having no Pablo shouldn't be an issue... Despite how fucking great he is in this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought it was excellent but not quite at the same standard as season one, the reason being:

Spoiler

I expected them to cover Pablo's demise in the first half of the series, then focus on the rise of the Cali cartel. Watching Wagna Moura and the whole thing fall to pieces is great, but, to me, it felt laboured after the epic finale to episode 6.

Season 2 is a huge dip in quality if you ask me. Extremely repetitive and downright boring to and fro. Season one's empire building and fall of a tragic leader into petty terrorism was captivating and masterfully told. This merry go round is just tedious. The Carillo twist in ep 5 left me totally cold because Carillo didn't actually exist.

Plus it feels like they've had their budget drastically cut. That bomb at

the wedding[/quote] was soooo badly done

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Enjoyed this, but much like the first series thought it ran out of puff in the second half. It felt like there wasn't enough story left to sustain all the episodes, however much they took liberties with the truth it was still essentially a simple tale left to be told (albeit with some incredible consequences)

2 hours ago, kerraig UK said:

Season 2 is a huge dip in quality if you ask me. Extremely repetitive and downright boring to and fro. Episode one's empire building and fall of a tragic leader into petty terrorism was captivating and masterfully told. This merry go round is just tedious. The Carillo twist in ep 5 left me totally cold because Carillo didn't actually exist.

Plus it feels like they've had their budget drastically cut. That bomb at

Hide contents

the wedding[/quote] was soooo badly done

Really? I like this season more, much more contemplative I think.

I surprised you think they've got less budget this season, the scale of the production seems a lot bigger to me, and the quality of the camera work seems better, some really clever shots going in most episodes. But I know nothing about this stuff.

The character that seemed most ridiculous to me was Limon - it seemed totally unbelievable that he just joined up as the driver, seemed totally alienated by Escobar the whole time and then was willing to die for the padrone. But apparently he was real! :lol:

• Upvote 1

I'd have no problem with this moving on to the Mexican cartels, with a suspiciously Wagner Moura looking gringo taking one of the leads.

Really enjoyed s2, there was a slight dip, but thought it started and ended really strongly. Great series.

I really enjoyed this. Had a strange experience in that I knew almost nothing about the facts, but I remembered reading an article about a Narco kingpin who is still in control and regularly escaping prison, which the whole time I was assuming was Escobar. So then whilst I'm watching what is quite clearly the decline of the empire, the whole time there's a part of my brain that's convinced he's still alive and running things in 2017.

Finally got round to watching season 2. Amazing television. Pascal and Moura were utterly superb. The actress playing Tata also surprised me this season, she was amazing. 

What a fucking story. Yes, it's clearly embellished, but fucking hell, it was brilliant. 

That final scene drew a fist pump from me. Can't fucking wait for season 3.