Narcos - Season 4 on 16 November

I thought this tailed off a bit in the second half too, is was still very watchable but didn't maintain the pacing or interest for me as much in the later episodes and the scale of Escobar's operations didn't come across as well as it did in the earlier episodes.

I read in an interview that the pitch for the show as a whole isn't actually just Escobar, rather they sold the idea of 'the story of cocaine' and future series if greenlit will head off to other countries and cartels.

Recommend the book, American Desperado, which delves into the life of Jon Roberts, a Medellin Cartel smuggler. The pilot Barry Seal, seen in Narcos, crops up, along with a few other overlaps.

If they were going to extend into other operations, Griselda Blanca aka The Black Widow would make for a pretty potent subject.

Not sure where they'll go with the second season tbh.... they sped through what, 14-15 years in season 1? At that rate, the main storyline will be done in Episode 1....

See Gotters' post at the top of the page. There are many more cartels to cover, and even if they just followed up the Cali Cartel, that opens up more possibilities such as the coke trade into New York and the mafia crossover.

Best thing on Netflix (UK) by far.

I'm eight episodes to the good, and getting those Goodfellas / Sopranos chills.

Take a free month, or resub and treat yourself, it's soooooooo fucking good!

• Upvote 2

If you liked this, watch the documentaries Cocaine Cowboys and The Two Escobars. The first is about the smugglers bringing the coke from the cartels into Miami, including the real life versions of some characters from Narcos, and the second is about the rise of Pablo Escobar and Columbian football in the 80s and 90s, particularly Columbian national team captain Andres Escobar (no relation, but from Medallin) culminating in the 1994 World Cup in the US. Incredible documentaries both, and should be available on Netflix.

• Upvote 3

Really loved this series. There's a great Columbian documentary series also on Netflix called Los Tiempos de Pablo Escobar with loads of talking heads and real news footage, well worth a watch if you enjoyed Narcos, so weird seeing the real people who were portrayed in the show.

this is back in September, don't watch this unless you want to know the scope of season 2, I don't think its a spoiler but if you're not aware of the Escobar story don't watch this

I watched Elysium on Saturday and was reminded that Wagna Moura is great in it and he plays Escobar in this. So I gave it a punt on that basis and 2 days later I've finished S1 ready for S2 next month. Superb TV.

• Upvote 1

Whoop whoop! 

Every time this this thread gets bumped it makes me think of Sambadrome by BAD. Someone has put together a decent video for it on YouTube: