VN1X

LawBreakers

LawBreakers_Logo-747x309.png

by Boss Key Productions

Official Site | Reddit | Wikia

Release Date: August 8, 2017

ABOUT

Beat gravity into submission in LawBreakers, an exhilarating new first-person shooter where even the laws of physics can be shattered, creating unprecedented gravity-based combat, resulting in an ever-evolving and bloody arena. 

Master a cast of anti-heroes to conduct a savage symphony of vertical role-based combat across a rebuilt American landscape in this mature multiplayer FPS from industry veteran Cliff Bleszinski and Boss Key Productions. 

A Cast Of Killers: Revel in unparalleled vertical violence by mastering the skills of an array of diverse anti-heroes, ranging from Cronos, a murderer who survived electrocution on death row to Axel, a federal agent with a tattered past fighting for justice. Whether you kill for the nobility of the “Law,” or are out for blood as a “Breaker,” these symmetrical roles satisfy any appetite in an arena where the most skilled player and team will rise.

Threats From Every Angle: Experience visceral gameplay that is a cut above the competitive FPS genre; with variable gravity effects, unique role based movement systems and gravity manipulating abilities, making combat truly three dimensional. Become a gravity surfing killer and annihilate your enemies with grappling blades, reverse blind firing, time dilation, jetpacks and much more.

Modes that Matter: Fight to the death in intense game modes that elevate the Arena Shooter genre to all new levels. LawBreakers’ signature brand of gravity induced chaos combined with innovative takes on multiplayer game modes offers a truly unique and highly competitive experience.

A World Reimagined: Experience a futuristic America, years after a global seismic event known as “The Shattering” forever changed the landscape and even gravity itself. Become immersed into a raging conflict between Law and Breakers across iconic locations including the boiling oceans of Santa Monica, a gravity ravaged Grand Canyon and nearly unrecognizable Mount Rushmore.

IMAGES

Spoiler

KW0xvsg.jpg

De03whm.jpg

V8p5qUn.jpg

VIDEOS

Spoiler

• Upvote 1

What is it with slightly second-rate sci-fi games and films and 'destroying the moon', lately? It's officially a trope, now. At least this has an entertainingly silly name.

(fwiw:

)

It's like the Unreal Tournament we never got after 2003/2004.

A huge plus this has over Overwatch is that, while chaotic as well, it doesn't get lost inside a tornado storm of colours. Some times in Overwatch it's really hard to see what's going on, like you're playing a MOBA in first person.

Yikes, another shooter I'll be alone in playing then. To me it looks like an interesting evolution of the classic arena shooter design. The new Unreal Tournament (the one made by the community and won't see a proper release for many years to come) already looks stale in comparison. Unless of course they switch things up somehow you might as well be playing Quake Live instead.

I for one am looking forward to blind firing fools behind my back while floating through low gravity and dodging rockets at the same time.

In all honesty it looks like Blizzards Overwatch or 2k Battleborn done with a gritty Cliffy B film grain filter

1. Multiple character check

2. Arena stadiums check.

3. F2P check.

4. Unique characters and skills check

Might be great, but at the moment I have three games coming out that all look very similar. Feels like a DOTA 2, LOL, HOTS moment. I'm sure all three will be great but I don't think I have the time to play all three. It will also end up fragmenting the player base.

Cliff Bleszinki’s LawBreakers no longer free-to-play

LawBreakers is a new PC arena shooter from Boss Key, the studio founded by Gears of War creator Cliff Bleszinski after leaving Epic.

Published by Nexon, it had been announced as a free-to-play affair – but at GDC today Bleszinski said plans have changed and there’ll be a price tag attached after all.

A price has not yet been set, but it will be below the $60 of a traditional boxed game, apparently. As for why the change has occurred:

“As the game continued to take shape, we realized free-to-play wasn’t the right fit for what we’re building,” Bleszinski said in a press release.

“LawBreakers is a competitive game at heart and that means balance is a big priority to me, my team, and our community. Using a digital premium model helps ensure an even playing field by giving fans access to every available role without any barriers.”

LawBreakers has had a bit of a facelift since its last showing, and Bleszinski showed GDC attendees a new logo and game modes, as well as the screenshots above and below. Bleszinski said LawBreakers needs to stand out from heavyweight competitors, which is why the team at Boss Key wants to highlight the game’s maturity (which here means R-rated violence) and gravity-based gameplay.

The shooter’s unique features include “variable gravity effects, unique roll-based movement systems and truly three-dimensional combat realized through grappling blades, reverse blind-firing, time dilation, jetpacks and more”.

LawBreakers will be available exclusively on Steam, and you can add it to your wishlist now ahead of its as yet undated launch. It will be on show at PAX East in April, and there will be closed testing sessions before launch.

Added the images to the OP. 

Really hoping for some new gameplay footage soon. Bring on April! 

I think it would have done poorly under F2P - that's all about getting the widest possible audience, whereas this is a super-hardcore "if you can't time and lead your projectile to hit your enemy while you're both flying through the air at sixty miles per hour in opposite directions git gud casual".

That's still massively turning me off though, I don't have the reflexes for that stuff anymore.

1 minute ago, RubberJohnny said:

I think it would have done poorly under F2P - that's all about getting the widest possible audience, whereas this is a super-hardcore "if you can't time and lead your projectile to hit your enemy while you're both flying through the air at sixty miles per hour in opposite directions git gud casual".

That's still massively turning me off though, I don't have the reflexes for that stuff anymore.

Go play PvZ: Garden Warfare you fucking scrub m8. 

;)

I lol'd so hard at this voice-over. I'm pretty sure that's Ice-T. :D 

And here's some gameplay:

I'm in! It's not that I need any more hero shooters in my life but fuck it, I'm in god damn it! 

EDIT: I think there's even a Scottish character who goes "Ya fookin' got me". :lol:

omfg I'd completely forgotten about this.

Why are they doing this to me. I don't have a good PC nor money to get one NOR all the games out this year 

tumblr_mclnnkwiNm1qbv500.gif

I love the way this is looking. The assassin character looks really hard to play as but the fact that she can swing around corners and basically do fly-by-slicing is just great lol. In some ways I can see this having a much higher chance to be picked up by esports teams than something like Overwatch. It looks very clean and it definitely doesn't seem very scrub friendly either. All they need to do now is add some more characters, clean up the UI, add ranked play, some cosmetic items and it's day 1 for me!

They need to tone down on the grunting and battle chatter though. Felt like watching a bloody tennis match at times.

The alpha weekend I tried out was super disappointing, and it's not just the fact that my PC can hardly run it, as I know  @VN1X tried it and also didn't like it.

I was really excited just from the looks of the trailer, but it feels nothing like it looks. Of course it's still early days but for now it's just not fun at all. 

5 hours ago, Wishdokta said:

I have a spare key for this weekends alpha test if anyone wants.

Oooh ooh oh me me me. Please?

I finally got round to try it and god it's slow. The trailers make it look like a fast paced game but from my (limited) experience it's anything but.