rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
sbrandon111

Crota HM - sun 16 or Mon 18 Aug

The whole 'you have to have Glowhoo already to have a chance of the crux' theory is a myth, you know? I've only done HM Crota 5 times - cos we packed in running it as soon as our group had all the primaries we wanted (bar Necro) - but of those thirty individual opportunities to have a crux drop, it only ever dropped once, to one person, on the last raid we did. It was his first HM Crota, so unlike the rest of us he didn't already have Glowhoo, which dropped for him at the same time as the crux.

It's just RNG.

The whole 'you have to have Glowhoo already to have a chance of the crux' theory is a myth, you know? I've only done HM Crota 5 times - cos we packed in running it as soon as our group had all the primaries we wanted (bar Necro) - but of those thirty individual opportunities to have a crux drop, it only ever dropped once, to one person, on the last raid we did. It was his first HM Crota, so unlike the rest of us he didn't already have Glowhoo, which dropped for him at the same time as the crux.

It's just RNG.

Just going off what Planet Destiny said, they seemed pretty certain about it from the tracker data (though given Glowhoo drops the first time you do Hard I thought it did seem a bit convenient). At any rate I need to kill Crota on Hard for my Become Legend achievements tracker thingie.

I'll not get on until 10 tonight but happy to join if theres a spot, when is this run happening?

I've only seen crux drop 3 or 4 times in about 15 HM completions. Going by information online, I was sure you had to have completed hard mode previously to have it drop, but it seems that isn't the case.

I got it on my 5th run, wearing Glowhoo obviously :lol:

Fair enough Spacehost. They're definitely wrong though. It stands to reason that people who've already beaten HM Crota will be more likely to get a crux from their subsequent playthroughs than on their first (assuming there are several), because it's a fairly rare drop. Just the same as you're far more likely to get Gjallarhorn from the range of Nightfalls #2 - #100 than you are from your first, simply because you've more chances. I see they've never bothered correcting the misinformation they posted back in January ('Confirmed: You need to own Glowhoo, but you DO NOT need to be wearing it for the Crux to drop') even though there have been lots of reports from people getting crux on their first completion - like Mike, the only non-Glowhoo person in the team that night, did.

Anyway, good luck. Just thought I'd point out that you really don't need to run it more than once if you get lucky enough. And that if you don't get lucky, you could run it many times, with a Glowhoo-shaded pair of pants wrapped round your head, shouting 'Glowhoo! Glowhoo! Glowhoo!' and it wouldn't make any difference.

Might make a good video though.

Edit: Bertie's 3 drops out of 15 full raids is about the same frequency as ours (1 out of 5). I'm not saying the actual drop rate is ~3.33% - there's not enough data to determine that - but if it is, then an individual would have a 1 in 30 chance every completion to get the crux. Doesn't sound too far off to me.

Ach, I don't know why I omitted the most important bit - probably got carried away with the Glowhoo superstition - but if I'm not sequestered somewhere else I'd be happy to join in at 10. Especially if Bertie's the sword man.

In all the excitement I didn't realise I got my first primary with burn! Yay. Word of Crota get. I can now guarantee there will be no void burn on next weeks nightfall.

Same as my man spacy here, two left to go for a badge I didn't realise I wanted so much.

WoC is one of the top tier Hand Cannons, so good drop! Forgot I also got Vision of Confluence in VoG and Icebreaker in this. The RNGesus shines its numerically inconsistent light upon me.