Vin

Resident Evil 2 Remake

6 hours ago, krenzler said:

A little something to keep us warm while we wait.

Great video but I always thought the Dreamcast version ran at 60fps? looking at the footage at 26:24 Leon and the Zombie seem to move way smoother than the PS1 version.

Anyway just over a month till the remake ! I'm proper excited, not watching anymore footage as it looks incredible and don't want to spoil anything else. Loved that the weapon upgrade system is still in it - Shotgun sounded much better and the Handgun stock actually has a use with a modern aiming system :D

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Down by Law said:

Great video but I always thought the Dreamcast version ran at 60fps? looking at the footage at 26:24 Leon and the Zombie seem to move way smoother than the PS1 version.

I think Digital Foundry probably checked.

6 minutes ago, Duckula said:

There is no fucking way that is worth that amount of money. The box looks terrible in the photo even.

Agreed. The price is well out of proportion.

Capcom's Online Store had a sale with free shipping recently - the Leon Kennedy from the Vendetta GC movie was about £200-£240 or some such. I bought it including delivery from Japan for around £70. Their UK pricing is well out of whack.

It was this model, by the way: 

Will it be available for both PS4 and Xbone? No mention of platforms

Never mind, its PS4, Xbone and PC

Edited by cohen205
googled the answer

You can play demo for 30 mins and can't replay after that. You are given a mission objective which unlocks a replayable cinematic if achieved. If you complete the objective in under 30 mins, you can start again but only for the remaining minutes. Apparently XB1X and PS4 Pro enhanced.

Real dilemma over trying the demo or just waiting and going into the full thing fresh.

Been on media blackout since the initial announcement... and currently playing through the Resi Revelations games in preparation.

I don't really want to spoil it for myself but 30 mins is a great way to get hyped. I'll play it not to make progress but to take in the details, ambience and get a feel for the gameplay. I'll take it really slow and before you know it half an hour's up and I won't have spoiled much at all. I think it's a clever idea to do a time limited demo just to build a bit of hype without spoiling too much of the main game. It is a little odd though as you know there will be videos of the full thing on Youtube an hour after the demo comes out.

I also wonder how quickly people will hack the demo to unlock it, and how much content will be in the demo files that'll spoil the full game once they get leaked.

• Upvote 1

A one-shot demo sounds like a great gameplay experience. I'm definitely up for that. I'll probably enjoy it more than the final game!

The original Resi 2 demo is one of the best ever.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, parrapatheslapper said:

any good - are they all available on PC?

The first one nearly made its way to my "Abondoned in 2019" list, but I stuck with it. I couldn't recommend it but from what I've heard Revelations 2 is much better, should be starting that over next few nights. 

I'm playing them on Switch but pretty sure they are on PC (should be cheap too).

The Revolutions games are definitely worth a look, though 2 is better (and bigger) than 1. Don't expect anything new or groundbreaking, it's very standard Resi fare throughout but it's fun and the gameplay's solid.