rllmuk
Vin

Resident Evil 2 Remake - no spoilers pls

I'm not disagreeing. I see no reason why it couldn't look absolutely phenomenal with modern horsepower. My original point was wondering which direction they'll go. Whether they will actually render every individual shot like REmake or whether they will build the environments in full 3D and then stick static cameras in them, like they did in that Lost In Nightmares I posted earlier.

They'll change it so every character in the game will be Wesker. Wesker talking to Wesker confronting Wesker.

Weskering Evil 2 will sell 100 million copies.

• Upvote 4

They'll change it so every character in the game will be Wesker. Wesker talking to Wesker confronting Wesker.

Weskering Evil 2 will sell 100 million copies.

Wesker Sandwich

• Upvote 1

Hope Nemesis gets a remake eventually as well. Whilst not as well regarded as 2, I remember enjoying it.

Looking back, I think I actually preferred Nemesis over RE2. Mr X in RE2 never seemed overly fussed if he caught you or not, whereas Nemesis turning up meant immediate danger, and the game was far tenser as a result.

Wouldn't be surprised the fan game is taken on-board by capcom and then expanded upon.

I hope not. It looked terrible. I think them not being dicks about their Cease and Desist on that project is just good PR. I can't see them using that stuff.

Looking back, I think I actually preferred Nemesis over RE2. Mr X in RE2 never seemed overly fussed if he caught you or not, whereas Nemesis turning up meant immediate danger, and the game was far tenser as a result.

Nemesis also had more stuff in Raccoon City itself, still waiting for The Mother Of All Singleplayer Zombie Apocalypse Survival Games all these years later.

I hope not. It looked terrible. I think them not being dicks about their Cease and Desist on that project is just good PR. I can't see them using that stuff.

Ah, i think i was thinking of the RE4 style gameplaay demo, but this other one is more like the original with upscaled graphics. Yup, i agree i hope that don't work with that.

In Capcom’s latest financial report, the publisher states that it is working on "remastered version of Resident Evil 2", suggesting that the classic survival horror game will receive just a visual brush up. But that's not the case.

Speaking on Twitter, Capcom UK’s senior marketing director Stuart Turner said: "Seems to be a few people picking up a mistranslation in our own investor report. RE2 will be a full from the ground up remake NOT a remaster."

I just don't believe Capcom still have the ability to understand what made RE2 great.

Well they certainly don't have the people who knew how to do it best, unlike the time they decided to do the original REmake.

Surely Capcom knows the REmake of 2 is just behind Half-Life 3 when it comes to gaming community hype, they must see he importance of having a solid team working on this. Heck, the REmake team did a more than excellent job, let them do it. Anyone but the The Evil Within team.

• Upvote 1

Surely Capcom knows the REmake of 2 is just behind Half-Life 3 when it comes to gaming community hype, they must see he importance of having a solid team working on this. Heck, the REmake team did a more than excellent job, let them do it. Anyone but the The Evil Within team.

Joke post?, as some of the same people worked on both of those games. An interesting what if future past thought experiment would be what if Shinji Mikami didn't do REmake or RE4, as he went on to direct The Evil Within ;) , with a detour to make some cult financial failure action games adored by some people.

Resident Evil, Remake and RE4 were all directed by Mikami. RE2 was directed by Hideki Kamiya. Neither them nor their peers work at Capcom anymore. This alone is enough to make people have concerns about whether the game will be good.

Even the Final Fantasy VII remake has important members of the original team working on it.

To remake something without involvement of the original creators, the authors of those works, is to risk losing touch with the games original identity altogether.

We've seen it in film, television and music often enough, you either create a fresh take on an old idea, something detached from the original work or second rate imitation.

I'd much prefer a remade game from the ground up. RE2 was one of my favorite games but i just can't get on with it's static camera angle views and tank controls nowadays. Also, i can't be dealing with the save system... but that's just my opinion. Maybe give players the choice of how they want to play.

Fair point about losing some of the original's magic by not having the same people involved but you only have to look at the Star Wars prequels or Prometheus to see that sometimes having the same person isn't always a good thing ;)

• Upvote 1

Where is REmake available these days? Xbox One?

Although it's been a long time coming, I believe a disc version of RE:birth HD and and Resident Evil 0: HD is coming out on Xbox One and PS4 in January 2016 if you want it on Blu Ray.

I'm definitely interested in this, the first Resident Evil game I played. I can't remember how many times I play the demo when I was younger until I got the game later on.

There's been a few updates on this (finally). 

The old voice actors are gone. 

- Alyson Court (Claire)

- Matt Mercer (Leon)

- Courtney Taylor (Ada) 

(nooooooo) - Something to do with an actors union - explains why Chris had a different voice in 7 too. 

- The guy who leaked all the Injustice DLC has confirmed it'll be over the shoulder / third person. So no tank controls. 

- Options for fixed camera. 

- Trailer early next year.

Not that far off it seems. 

4 minutes ago, Orko said:

When you say "no Claire/Leon/ada" you mean they're not in the game?? Leon's voice actor for 2,4, 6 and the movies was different anyway. 

Well the traditional voice actors are all gone. 

- Alyson Court (Claire)

- Matt Mercer (Leon)

- Courtney Taylor (Ada) 

(I'll edit this back in*)

They've been with the series since 2 and have 15 games under their belt voicing the characters. Sad to see them go over such a non issue tbh.