IGNORED

Resident Evil 2 Remake - no spoilers pls

Vin

Shotgun footage (thumbnail spoiler)

The hit reactions and damage modelling are superb but it just needs more crack to it.

Hopefully the weapon parts are still in. That thing was hilarious, so loud and completely obliterated zombies  (and usually the couple of poor sods behind for good measure )

14 minutes ago, Down by Law said:

Shotgun footage (thumbnail spoiler)

Hide contents

The hit reactions and damage modelling are superb but it just needs more crack to it.

Hopefully the weapon parts are still in. That thing was hilarious, so loud and completely obliterated zombies  (and usually the couple of poor sods behind for good measure )

Yeah that sound doesn't good enough there.

There's a nice touch though - Leon can brush off dead zombies that have stumbled into him after he's blown their head off.

On 16/06/2018 at 21:26, ph0rce said:

Back in the day where you had to get a bus to town, go to the newsagents to get the magazine, spend the whole journey back reading all about it & then finally getting to play it.

You forgot saving up, and the inevitable delays.

But yeah the good times :)

19 hours ago, Down by Law said:

Problem is the aiming is designed for a fixed OTS cam, a classic angle mode would make any sort of precision aiming impossible. In the classic RE's until you get actual spread weapons like the Shotgun, Pistols are just 'Press R1 +X six/seven times to down enemy'.

Resi 5's Lost in Nightmares expansion allowed you to switch it to old school, fixed camera perspective.

• 2 weeks later...

This has just won the best game of E3 award, the first non-First party Japanese developed game to do so for literally decades. I was sure Cyberpunk 2077 had that in the bag (it wasn't actually eligible as it wasn't a hands on demo, the same applies for a whole lot of other announced games revealed at E3).

• 3 weeks later...

Looks really good here :

DikywvJU8AANHON.jpg

What's the betting it'll be exclusive to GAME and cost £199?

Either way I would get a preorder in quick. The God of War one cost me £120 and I sold it for over £250 after I was finished with the game the demand was that high

On 18/06/2018 at 21:22, Smitty said:

tumblr_mmwantXopH1s0qwlko1_r1_500.gif

I absolutely love shotguns. If I ever end up living in the US I'm going to definitely join a shooting club and own several.

In terms of single-player video games there's absolutely never any disadvantage to using them. I know they're meant to only really work at close range but this is generally never the case. I can't really think of any situation in any game where they don't work effectively. 

1 hour ago, Fallows said:

I absolutely love shotguns. If I ever end up living in the US I'm going to definitely join a shooting club and own several.

In terms of video games there's absolutely never any disadvantage to using them. I know they're meant to only really work at close range but this is generally never the case. I can't really think of any situation in any game where they don't work effectively. 

Literally ANY multiplayer shooter where you and your opponent can see each other from range and the opponent has a ranged weapon.

5 minutes ago, Strafe said:

Literally ANY multiplayer shooter where you and your opponent can see each other from range and the opponent has a ranged weapon.

Yeah well obviously multiplayer stuff is an exception to that rule. As are sections where you're forced to snipe or melee.

The shotgun/blasters in Splatoon are a bit crap.

44 minutes ago, Stevedave said:

Ok, they really do need to sort their faces out it's getting more distracting with every new bit of info. 

Just copy paste his Resi 4 model in there or something.

latest?cb=20120707054521

You have to remember Leon is a rookie cop age 21 in re2 whilst he is around 30 in re4.

He does actually resemble his re2 look some what.

Agreed. It looks more like a reimagining than a remaster, a whole new game with the same story.

RE: 2 is the game that really made me realise that games could be a narrative and a world to immerse in rather than just characters on a screen.

It’s also the game that made me fuck up my A Levels. 

10 hours ago, Fallows said:

In terms of single-player video games there's absolutely never any disadvantage to using them. I know they're meant to only really work at close range but this is generally never the case. I can't really think of any situation in any game where they don't work effectively. 

I've been doing another playthrough of Fallout 4 using a double barrel shotgun pretty much exclusively. Even though I have to reload every two shots, it doesn't bother me. So much stopping power. It's pretty awesome. Mind you, they do work better at close range, although the range is still pretty good.

59 minutes ago, Strafe said:

I think if any game has a weapon that is overpowered or so plentiful (including ammo availability) that you can clock the game using it, it may be a bit shit. Maybe.

FTFY

21 hours ago, Darhkwing said:

You have to remember Leon is a rookie cop age 21 in re2 whilst he is around 30 in re4.

He does actually resemble his re2 look some what.

Your face doesn't change much between 21 to 30 unless you've been disfigured or smoking 20 a day /getting shit hammered every night.