Vin

Resident Evil 2 Remake - no spoilers pls

Looks really good here :

DikywvJU8AANHON.jpg

What's the betting it'll be exclusive to GAME and cost £199?

Either way I would get a preorder in quick. The God of War one cost me £120 and I sold it for over £250 after I was finished with the game the demand was that high

• Upvote 4

The EU Collectors edition will be unveiled next month.

Will pay £199 to GAME if that’s what it takes. Hopefully it doesn’t get scalped up.

Do we have any US mukkers who might be picking up any spare copies of the collectors edition on release (online sold out)?

If we get a weaker CE (as with RE7) or a Claire statue, then I will pay a significant amount over RRP for the US CE. I'm more of a Leon guy.

Will just leave this here for now until the EU Edition is announced.

• Upvote 1

On 18/06/2018 at 21:22, Smitty said:

tumblr_mmwantXopH1s0qwlko1_r1_500.gif

I absolutely love shotguns. If I ever end up living in the US I'm going to definitely join a shooting club and own several.

In terms of single-player video games there's absolutely never any disadvantage to using them. I know they're meant to only really work at close range but this is generally never the case. I can't really think of any situation in any game where they don't work effectively. 

Ok, they really do need to sort their faces out it's getting more distracting with every new bit of info. 

Just copy paste his Resi 4 model in there or something.

latest?cb=20120707054521

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Fallows said:

I absolutely love shotguns. If I ever end up living in the US I'm going to definitely join a shooting club and own several.

In terms of video games there's absolutely never any disadvantage to using them. I know they're meant to only really work at close range but this is generally never the case. I can't really think of any situation in any game where they don't work effectively. 

Literally ANY multiplayer shooter where you and your opponent can see each other from range and the opponent has a ranged weapon.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Strafe said:

Literally ANY multiplayer shooter where you and your opponent can see each other from range and the opponent has a ranged weapon.

Yeah well obviously multiplayer stuff is an exception to that rule. As are sections where you're forced to snipe or melee.

The shotgun/blasters in Splatoon are a bit crap.

44 minutes ago, Stevedave said:

Ok, they really do need to sort their faces out it's getting more distracting with every new bit of info. 

Just copy paste his Resi 4 model in there or something.

latest?cb=20120707054521

You have to remember Leon is a rookie cop age 21 in re2 whilst he is around 30 in re4.

He does actually resemble his re2 look some what.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Fallows said:

Yeah well obviously multiplayer stuff is an exception to that rule. As are sections where you're forced to snipe or melee.

So quite a lot of situations, then..

• Upvote 3

Looks brilliant by what i`ve seen. Cannot wait for this to land next year! Day one purchase for me, exceeded my expectations on what they have delivered compared to the other remasters.

Agreed. It looks more like a reimagining than a remaster, a whole new game with the same story.

RE: 2 is the game that really made me realise that games could be a narrative and a world to immerse in rather than just characters on a screen.

It’s also the game that made me fuck up my A Levels. 

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Fallows said:

In terms of single-player video games there's absolutely never any disadvantage to using them. I know they're meant to only really work at close range but this is generally never the case. I can't really think of any situation in any game where they don't work effectively. 

I've been doing another playthrough of Fallout 4 using a double barrel shotgun pretty much exclusively. Even though I have to reload every two shots, it doesn't bother me. So much stopping power. It's pretty awesome. Mind you, they do work better at close range, although the range is still pretty good.

I think if any game has a weapon that is overpowered or so plentiful (including ammo availability) that you can clock the game using it, it may be a bit unbalanced. Maybe.

59 minutes ago, Strafe said:

I think if any game has a weapon that is overpowered or so plentiful (including ammo availability) that you can clock the game using it, it may be a bit shit. Maybe.

FTFY

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Darhkwing said:

You have to remember Leon is a rookie cop age 21 in re2 whilst he is around 30 in re4.

He does actually resemble his re2 look some what.

Your face doesn't change much between 21 to 30 unless you've been disfigured or smoking 20 a day /getting shit hammered every night. 

I'm pretty sure you can run through RE4 with any single weapon. I'm also half-way through DOOM with only the shotgun. Those are just off the top of my head. Both great games.

• Upvote 2

On 21/07/2018 at 09:28, Down by Law said:

Regular boxart:

Dik6PsjUYAAGXW9.png

Standard shithouse RE cover. 20 years in the making though and that's the best they can come up with? 

• Empathy 2

31 minutes ago, Mr Cochese said:

It's kind of weird that Leon and Claire have the same nose, and could easily be brother and sister.

It’s more than the nose, isn’t it? Both faces look a little weird and off in a similar way. Not enough to dampen my enthusiasm for the remake, but they don’t look like Leon or Claire.

Found these. Pretty cool before and after of the opening RPD area.

Resident-Evil-2-Changes.png

Dfdd3NJVAAE354-.jpg

19 hours ago, Vin said:

Standard shithouse RE cover. 20 years in the making though and that's the best they can come up with? 

Standard RE2 pal cover just needed a rework. RE1 and 2 at least link artistically if you look at the background of the originals. 

On 21/07/2018 at 04:26, Down by Law said:

Looks really good here :

DikywvJU8AANHON.jpg

What's the betting it'll be exclusive to GAME and cost £199?

Either way I would get a preorder in quick. The God of War one cost me £120 and I sold it for over £250 after I was finished with the game the demand was that high

My pre-order is in! I'm holding you personally responsible if I don't get that markup when I sell it. ;) 

2 hours ago, Len said:

My pre-order is in! I'm holding you personally responsible if I don't get that markup when I sell it. ;) 

Where and how did you preorder!? Do you have a link?