RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 Complete Edition - iOS, Switch & PC

Hhhhnnnnnggggh. I need this day to finish now so I can get home an play! RCT 3 is probably my most played game of all time. I just had a quick go in the sandbox on my iPhone 6, it seems to run with similar graphics to the PC version set to medium (Or full if you are running the badly ported OSX version). I can see myself loosing hours to this.

Controlls are a wee bit fiddly, but not horrible, might be tricky on a 5s. iPad is where this will shine.

That's quite interesting as I didn't think they had the roller coaster tycoon license anymore especially after their fallout with Atari.

They got it back in 2013 to republish rct3 I think.

Wow! I'm in.

But RCT2 please.

That would be awesome. Until then, in the settings you can make the camera isometric

Been hoping for a proper Rollercoaster Tycoon and here it is.

It's what I have wanted ever since I got a tablet. I used to have a touchscreen HP that I played RCT 2 with a stylus. Then the Win 10 tablets, but you had to use virtual touch pads to get them to work properly and it was just a pain. It's the one game that can and probably will cave me to get a new iPad.

Nearly bought one last night, but going to wait for the inevitable price drop of the Air 2 next month.

bought this for iphone 6 plus and it works really well - though when i went to install it on my ipad 4 i was told the game wasn't compatible. Anyway managed to get it installed on the ipad 4 via other means and it works perfectly no slow down etc... (been playing for a couple of hours on it) so im scratching my head as to why officially they are saying that its not compatable??

That video is good enough for me, plus I kinda feel I should support games you can buy on iOS these days, they're a rare beast.

The move towards F2P business models was inevitable given the unsustainability of rock-bottom pricing on the iOS App Store (and, as a consequence, mobile as a whole).

This is a brand new port of what was a full-priced commercial game with a reworked UI and they only feel they can charge £4 for it. That's roughly what they charge for the unchanged decade-old PC version at its very lowest! And PC gamers are known to be skinflints relative to console gamers.

First game I've tried to play on my ipad3 and its not up to it. Arse

Crap I was going to ask. How playable is it on an iphone6? Is it too fiddly / low on screen real estate? I've never played this and fancy some sim action.

The move towards F2P business models was inevitable given the unsustainability of rock-bottom pricing on the iOS App Store (and, as a consequence, mobile as a whole).

This is a brand new port of what was a full-priced commercial game with a reworked UI and they only feel they can charge £4 for it. That's roughly what they charge for the unchanged decade-old PC version at its very lowest! And PC gamers are known to be skinflints relative to console gamers.

It was a full-priced commercial game over ten years ago. Assuming this was a port and not a rewrite from the ground up, £4 is a fair price. It's in line with most other premium mobile games, plus Frontier are using it to promote their new rollercoaster game.

RCT was the biggest selling PC-only series of all time, they're going to make millions.

After a bit of play, I'm looking forward to a couple things. It could do with some optimisations. Chugs a bit when it gets busy, even on an Air 2. It also needs iCloud saves. Bit annoying I can't play on the iPad at home and continue on the iPhone at work.

• 10 months later...

Did many people play this then? I still have it on my iPhone, but I rarely go on it any more.

It's a shame, but I think the developers just sent it out to die. It still has some really nasty bugs that havem't been touched since launch, performance can get really bad & graphics are really rough.

• Mr Tony changed the title to RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 - iOS: Coming to Switch & PC