Crackdown 3

Yoshimax

Just now, S0L said:

We're debating some ways to make the last few orbs more findable in a given zone, it's under discussion :P

Do what Forza does, charge for a map of them all as a purchase.

That'll go down real well :D

What about making them increase in volume and sound radius the fewer you have to find?

It can’t be an easy decision. If you make it easier to find all the orbs, you’ll piss off hardcore gamers who want to boast about how skilled they are, and there would probably be some downsides as well. 

10 minutes ago, MrHendo said:

Can you mix the agent voice higher? I can barely hear Terry Crews.

It's not ideal but if you go to the audio settings then you can lower the volume on music and background noise so the voices stand out more. 

I'm still loving this game but the Reza Khan boss fight feels unbalanced. I'm playing on Super Agent, level 5 in all skills, and have all but a couple of the weapons and equipment, but I had to semi-cheese the fight in the end* after an hour of being battered over and over again. 

Spoiler

On the upper level on the far right side, there's a gap between the wall and the box/container room that spawn snipers. If you hide there, the drones can't get to you, nor can the laser, and the mortars very rarely reach that far so you can recharge your shield there then stick your head or for attacks periodically. It's slow and tedious but does work. Occasionally the fire from the mortar does reach you but a health field fixes that.

The total cheese method involves not going in to the boss room at all,  but instead running up the outer wall from the supply point with an ammo field and shooting Khan from above. I have to admit that I tried it once in frustration but couldn't get the angle and just fell in from the roof, but it is apparently possible

When it's just him at the start, it's fine but when the support shows up there there is no sensible cover to be had. The standard troops just spam arc grenades to flush you out of what little cover is available, and when you try and move, you get fried by the laser, the snipers or the drones. 

If there's a strategy I hadn't thought of then I'm all ears but it seems pretty brutal and people playing on Legendary on TA have said they had to cheese him to get past the fight.

How is everyone getting on with this?

After my initial couple of hours on it not been back... not sure why. Think I opened the city and then was just a bit overwhelmed with task lists! As much as I have been eagerly awaiting this , and it is lovely, there is something that feels off with it. After reading the Eurogamer review I think the reviewer hit it... the original crackdown's simplicity is gone a bit... the drop in and out nature of the game has been lost a bit IMHO. The bosses feel like a boss battle ... along with stereotypical boss type antics teleporting etc. With Crackdown they were just stronger bad guys. Also agree with the old city feeling more open and having space. The new one feels too dense. 

Not really complaining Crackdown is a tough act to follow (in fact should it have been?) its a difficult thing to pinpoint exactly what made Crackdown so special but I'm not feeling it so much with this. The will to drop in and play not so great...  for me it kinda feels like I have a job to do and a task list to do... and not so much an open playground anymore. Think more structure has been added to the game and more game cliches have been added (boss fights). Some would say its progress but I personally enjoy the original more. Less clutter and it feels more pure. Like I say tough act to follow.... 

It's still totally drop in and drop out.

If the objectives on the map are an issue, you can just ignore the map and just wander around looking for people to shoot/punch as you see fit (they often help you decide by shooting first) or to wait for an audio cue telling you that something is nearby. 

I do kind of agree about the map density to a certain extent, but at the same time it still feels like marvellous design in terms of how explorable everything is.

I agree with all of that, but after a few hours it all clicks into place and it feels like a true Crackdown sequel should. Stick with it. The bosses are still stronger baddies like they always were (there are regular enemies can teleport in this too).

The first Crackdown took a while to get going - I bought it for the Halo 3 demo, and it took me a good few restarts before I got into it.

you know when you want to record a sweeping vista panoramic camera swing, around the agent, from a high point, but get confused and push the wrong stick?

yeah.

you know how the xbox dvr is a bit lacking in terms of the disconnect between recording, and uploading?

double-yeah.

But what is it?

CU 1 Patch Notes

Co-op Performance improvements:

We also improved performance during particularly long co-op sessions.

We are still investigating other fixes, including the 30 fps lock.

Co-op save games fixes:

Backing out of the World Select menu no longer overwrites the original selection.

Co-op campaigns should now prompt for an empty save slot to avoid overwriting existing world data.

Players should no longer have incorrect prompts to be removed from co-op session.

When playing co-op, if one person leaves or drops a timer will start, notifying you before it takes you back to the main menu. This was popping up incorrectly for some people in active co-op sessions but should no longer be an issue.

Niemand’s air lift open for business.

There was a small chance if you died during the Niemand fight, that the air lift to return to the boss arena would not be opened properly. This has been fixed.

Tanks bring more BOOM!

The Annihilator and Minotaur have had their projectile blast radius corrected to better match their explosive visuals.

Propaganda Towers only rotate one way.

The rotating platforms on propaganda towers will no longer hitch a few feet backwards during their rotation.

Gaming mice no longer impact menu FPS.

Fixed an issue where mice with high refresh rate/DPI were causing severe FPS loss in menu and occasionally in game.

Other Misc. Fixes:

Fixed a rare case where vehicles would be catapulted away during collisions.

Fixed issue with supply points not changing to blue in co-op.

Tons of audio and VO fixes.

Lots of other tiny fixes.

3 hours ago, Paulando said:

I agree with all of that, but after a few hours it all clicks into place and it feels like a true Crackdown sequel should. Stick with it. The bosses are still stronger baddies like they always were (there are regular enemies can teleport in this too).

The first Crackdown took a while to get going - I bought it for the Halo 3 demo, and it took me a good few restarts before I got into it.

Oh I intend to keep playing... I think I that time I just was a bit 'meh too tired to be running around doing all these things and the first boss fight left me a bit cold... especially when he kept transporting around the place. Reminded me a bit of the final boss on Killzone 2 and found that tedious too (in fact never did finish KZ2 because of this - found it incredibly tedious).

Kind of set an impression that they had tweaked things for the sake of it... All for progress but transporting baddies I find irritating and tedious - kind of artificially making them more difficult for the sake of thinking of more interesting things to do with a boss battle. Just felt a bit of a lazy design to me. If you are going to do boss battles do them properly (See Zelda) or just do them the original Crackdown way. Anyway....

42 minutes ago, Mr Do 71 said:

8GB update available now.

8GB... :-\ Suppose its small these days. 

Suppose I can play Tetris 99 on the Switch while I wait... although the danger of that is that I will never get around to playing Crackdown 3... .:D 

the "throw something (other than a grenade) 300m" cheeve.

I impressed myself with that one last night: it was one of those things that looks like an electrical generator, and the direction was straight up.

I missed the bastard drone, mind.

17 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

I couldn’t figure out what this thing is. Thought it might be a bugged projectile but can’t think what gun it would have come out of. 

That location happens to be World zero, right at the origin of the map. It looks like a VFX that's got confused and wound up there. In the past we've found all kinds of lost property there :)

16 hours ago, MrHendo said:

Can you mix the agent voice higher? I can barely hear Terry Crews.

I believe this should already be in the update that's just gone live. Had more than a few requests to boost this up a bit.

15 hours ago, Talvalin said:

I'm still loving this game but the Reza Khan boss fight feels unbalanced. I'm playing on Super Agent, level 5 in all skills, and have all but a couple of the weapons and equipment, but I had to semi-cheese the fight in the end* after an hour of being battered over and over again. 

Reveal hidden contents

On the upper level on the far right side, there's a gap between the wall and the box/container room that spawn snipers. If you hide there, the drones can't get to you, nor can the laser, and the mortars very rarely reach that far so you can recharge your shield there then stick your head or for attacks periodically. It's slow and tedious but does work. Occasionally the fire from the mortar does reach you but a health field fixes that.

The total cheese method involves not going in to the boss room at all,  but instead running up the outer wall from the supply point with an ammo field and shooting Khan from above. I have to admit that I tried it once in frustration but couldn't get the angle and just fell in from the roof, but it is apparently possible

Do you mean Ngata? We have done a few tweaks on boss fights that people have suggested were a little unfair at higher difficulties, you might find it a little easier now!