Just spent a while playing co-op with a chum (Uploading the video now). It was fun but some things were off. PC players are locked at 30 when you co-op. No idea why. You can't get in the same car as your buddy. While my fps counter showed a  locked 30 at all times there was no way in hell that was a smooth 30. Something was fucked.

Also despite both of us having good net connections and the game using dedicated servers for co-op my chum spent the entire time with a low speed warning (And I got one towards the end of the stream.

That being said it's more fun with a mate.

22 minutes ago, JPL said:

Can’t you honestly see that those points I raised are detrimental to the game for a lot of people and you think that it’s because we’re all shit gamers who can’t be arsed, or are willing, to learn?

Literally not even what I said. 

But yes, I'm looking forwards to playing through the Campaign of this which I will be doing this weekend thanks to Game Pass. It is really interesting to see how positively it's being received here! And how, well,.. negative a lot of the reviews are. It really does feel like the reviewers all wanted something totally different. I find that approach odd. 

8 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

Reading about the same RDR2 complaints from JPL in every fucking games thread is getting quite boring.

Reading your condescending responses to everything has always been boring.

11 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

Reading about the same RDR2 complaints from JPL in every fucking games thread is getting quite boring.

You should see how he feels about The Last Jedi in every film thread, such good thoughts you know you want them all the time!

I can see why people are unimpressed with the graphics. They're a bit boxy and, for want of a better word, simple. The climbing is a little wonky and the driving is functional at best. But it doesn't matter. It's straightforward Crackdown orb catching, roof race running, jumping around like a twat goodness. Like (I think) S0L said it's how you remember Crackdown being.

Really looking forward to some coop at some point.

I do think that game critics are - thankfully - using a wider range of scores nowadays, but the way this has been treated does strike me as harsh based on an hour or so's play. 3s and 4s out of 10, of which it’s received a few, still tend to be the preserve of something that is fundamentally broken, which this really doesn’t seem to be. It controls well (definitely better than the first one, which is currently available free of charge on Xbox), runs smoothly (with the accusation levelled by some that it looks like a 360 game being laughable) and does what you’d expect if you’re going in blind having played previous Crackdown games. I look forward to playing more when I get the chance.

I believe perception plays a big part - if this was announced a month or two ago and released today, it would be seen as a pleasant surprise and you’d probably be looking at a review average in the 70s. As it is, the original iteration was unveiled half a decade ago and all of the false starts and stories of development hell have taken their toll.

58 minutes ago, Flub said:

It's still processing but here's my co-op session with a friend. I'm on my ninja PC (Sadly locked to 30 by the game) and he's on an original XBox

Ah, if you’re playing coop certain settings are set to the capability of the objectively worst machine.

15 minutes ago, footle said:

Ah, if you’re playing coop certain settings are set to the capability of the objectively worst machine.

Only crowd and traffic density. If I was playing with another PC player running at 60 we'd both be running at 30. No clue why.

Wow! This is utter shit. The intro is pure cringe, the gameplay is ten years old, and the graphics are wank - HDR aside it looks like a 4k remaster of a 360 launch game. I'm not one for wanting 60fps in games, but I'm on a One X. Why is this locked to 30fps?  I see nothing happening graphically that means it shouldn't be running at a solid 60fps.

Fucking hell. After all this time, this is what they've come up with?  

Pathetic. 

4 minutes ago, Thor said:

Wow! This is utter shit. The intro is pure cringe, the gameplay is ten years old, and the graphics are wank - HDR aside it looks like a 4k remaster of a 360 launch game. I'm not one for wanting 60fps in games, but I'm on a One X. Why is this locked to 30fps?  I see nothing happening graphically that means it shouldn't be running at a solid 60fps.

Pathetic. 

Get off the fence 

6 minutes ago, Thor said:

Pathetic. 

I’m not sure I would put it so harshly, but I tend to agree with you.

I can totally see how folks who loved the original will have a bit of fun with this, but it very much feels like a last gen game wrapped up in some remastered visuals. And considering how long it’s taken for them to get here, I can’t say I’m impressed.

14 minutes ago, Thor said:

Pathetic. 

So... how's the job at Easy Allies going?

2 hours ago, Kevvy Metal said:

Literally not even what I said. 

But yes, I'm looking forwards to playing through the Campaign of this which I will be doing this weekend thanks to Game Pass. It is really interesting to see how positively it's being received here! And how, well,.. negative a lot of the reviews are. It really does feel like the reviewers all wanted something totally different. I find that approach odd. 

I wonder how much of that divide is down to reviewers treating it as a $60 game and people on here treating it as part of the gamepass subscription. 

The Verges review calling it The Netflix Original of videogames seems a good description. 

29 minutes ago, Thor said:

Pathetic. 

Say what you really think :)

Stick with it a bit, it's a slow start. You'll see why it's 30 when it really kicks off. 

But at least you played it before giving it a kicking. End of that day if folk don't like it, that fine, so long as they actually tried it first 

I maintain a lot of reviews are not on the actual game in hand, but on what they imagined it was going to be. Kind of hard to compete with that unparralled processing power.

My impressions after about four hours' play are that it's "fine". It's inoffensive, it's a bit limited and repetitive, there's not a great deal of depth to the gameplay (or at least, suggestions of depth), but it's a fun enough mindless blast. It's doesn't feel like it's moved on a great deal from the original Crackdown, and it can't trade on the original's impressive for the time technology because most modern things surpasses this.

What is enjoyable is that it's hectic in the same way Just Cause 2 could get, and it retains the relatively open structure of the original game in that you're just going around blowing stuff up as you see fit rather than a linear series of missions, so that adds to the easy-going feel of it all. Those three star reviews seem about right at this point - it doesn't set the world alight, but it doesn't make me angry, bored or upset.

Also I punched a guy off a roof, which I never got to do in the last game I played. Then again, that was PES.

46 minutes ago, Thor said:

Pathetic. 

Wow this post is utter shit. Some dumb cumrag that doesn’t understand how processing power is utilised.