Yoshimax

Crackdown 3

We've had I think 3x 9gb Xbox patches now since launch. I wish there was a way to do this more efficiently.

For the campaign that is, haven't kept tabs on the wrecking thing.

Nice that they’ve added rooftop races/car races turning blue on the map when you get gold. It’s the simple things. However, they don’t seem to turn blue straight away. Only when I quit the game and restart.

On 09/03/2019 at 07:27, Paulando said:

Excellent, I think I’ll give this another go :)

It was a disappointing sequel, recycling the same city but somehow making it worse (zombies wtf), but I think time will be kind to Crackdown 2, mainly because the city will feel fresh again after all these years.

Ooof. OK, I take this back. Time has most definitely not been kind to Crackdown 2 :lol: I guess Crackdown 3 controls how I remember C1 and C2 to control; C2 feels like a loose, janky mess.

Anyhow, I restarted this again on Legendary, and I love that it keeps your orb progress (as that's linked to your agent, not the game world). Orb hunting is a lot more fun now the map has been broken up into different areas, with their own progress tracker. Annoyingly, I missed the lockdown achievement first time around, so I'll have to get that on another playthrough.

Can anyone help me find a Pulse Beam? I can't believe I missed it in my 20-30 hour playtime, and it's not on the top of Niemand's building as far as I can tell.

• Upvote 2

Pulse Beam can usually be found on defeating a Monorail Station Master, there are some dotted around the map in pick up boxes too. Anywhere you get tough logistics troops (Monorail Hub, Logistics Tower) is a good spot to get one. Or start a new World save with an existing Agent and take out the first monorail station :P

Large updates are a side effect of us using Unreal I'm afraid. If we alter anything in the environment, it needs to be rebuilt and it changes all sorts of hashes and information as a side effect, then as its's packed up, there isn't an easy way to avoid a large replacement file. We are looking at ways of reducing this however.

• Upvote 6

Appreciate that sort of tidbit, ta. Wasn't really a game complaint, I'm sure a lot of that is on the underlying systems.

I can't believe I can't find this last moonshine. I bet she's got it in her bloody office, atop the central tower.

• Upvote 1

If you’ve explored every area it should be on the map, as you’ve surely been close enough to it. I missed a couple but found the icons on the map.

All propaganda towers completed. The trickiest was that bitch of a one with the fast spinning platforms. I ended up coming back to it when I was level 5 agility, and then kind of "cheated" it to get to the top. See video I made below. :)

• Upvote 5

I had no real issues with any of the propaganda towers. They were actually relatively straightforward. 

• Upvote 3

I've fallen off that bit so many times it's not funny, but I'm going to cheat like that.

6 hours ago, Paulando said:

If you’ve explored every area it should be on the map, as you’ve surely been close enough to it. I missed a couple but found the icons on the map.

It's not on the map, I'm guessing I've just not walked closely enough to it. It's weird, I've only got 3 towers and her in the Tera Nova tower left.

I think I need to do it more methodically, checking only one area at a time in a sort of sweep. 

Not ashamed to admit I cheated just like that - in fact those fast spinning platforms were so irritating that I'm pretty sure that was the intention ;)

Anyway I finally polished this off last night, all the missions and side quests done and evil corporate bitch dispatched.  I still have a couple of gold medals on the races to get and about 150 orbs give or take but having thoroughly rinsed this otherwise I think I'll take a break before coming back to sweep.  Oh and I did none of the driving stuff because well, it feels a tad pointless in a game where you literally can jump large building in a single bound, and I am shit at driving in games anyway.

Anyway only a Gamepass game or not, this was massively enjoyable stuff.  Clever hooks, great weapons (that one from the top of the Science Tower is amazing), a clear crisp visual style and whilst no aspect is anything other that derivative of a 100 other open world games, it does them so damned well.  I have massively fond memories of the Incredible Hulk and Prototype games and this is basically those (and of course Crackdown 1) done for the current gen.

Oh and its bears repeating how much better this looks on a half decent PC to the standard Bone version, played half of this on the Xbox and then got my new laptop and its a striking improvement...

Well played @S0L and team, well played.

• Upvote 9

I think I'm done with this now. Done all the missions, bosses etc. I am now mooching around and finding that it feels far too slow trying to level up anymore. I can cause absolute mayhem yet my firearm skill especially seems to be crawling up. Doesn't seem worth the effort if I'm honest.

God knows how some people supposedly finished it in 6 hours though.

I'm tempted to start a legendary playthrough. 

With the exception of "Secondhand Shrapnel" which has a luck element to it I'm now close enough to finishing the rest of the game that the idea of going for the full set of achievements seems relatively doable. It'll probably take me years of dipping in and out of the game to get there though. 

Shrapnel was a pretty easy one, cause some mayhem, when the robots turn up and warp out of a car together, lock on with a machine gun and target the head by pushing up on the right stick. You'll get it in no time.

I know how I'm meant to get it but there doesn't seem to be any way to guarantee the necessary explosion. I'll just have to stay repeating the process until it finally happens. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bear said:

I know how I'm meant to get it but there doesn't seem to be any way to guarantee the necessary explosion. I'll just have to stay repeating the process until it finally happens. 

Use the Plasma Rifle, as it makes the heads explode every time!

I've tried and had no joy with that either.

@S0L - Is this something that the Devs or testers noticed? A lot of people have been reporting problems with this achievement on trueachievements.com too, so it's not me and @bear being rubbish. I hope. :( 

• Upvote 1

I started a new game, and in the first boss area (in the building), I jumped around the top until there were a few robots close to each other, then I aimed for the head and unlocked the achievement. You need to be patient with the setup, I guess.

Just tried it and it's working for me. Note you specifically have to sub-target the head using a Firearms weapon (lock-on, get reasonably close and tap up on the right stick to aim at the head). I'd recommend the Plasma Rifle as it's quick at taking down robots with headshots. 

I triggered it in the corridor leading up to the Berg fight, but the fight itself is also a good spot as there are plenty of respawning robots who you can kite into potential positions to get it. Or Monorail stations. Or if you're late game, keep taking out Logistics reinforcements :)

Finished this now. When I say that, I mean I've beaten all the bosses. Collected a lot of orbs, about 80% of the agility ones. Can't say I feel the same pull to go back and collect 'em all like I did with the original Crackdown. Nor can I be be bothered to go back and do any more of the driving challenges or stunt rings. My driving skill languished at 3 point something for nearly the whole game. This isn't a criticism, more to do with me being older and lacking in time compared to when the original came out, which I absolutely rinsed.

Overall, really enjoyed it. I thought the graphics were great as well. Super colourful and loved all the neon and the shop signs.

Oh, and that gun... :D

Spoiler

oqh5BBZ.jpg

• Upvote 1

On 12/03/2019 at 09:33, Talvalin said:

I've tried and had no joy with that either.

@S0L - Is this something that the Devs or testers noticed? A lot of people have been reporting problems with this achievement on trueachievements.com too, so it's not me and @bear being rubbish. I hope. :( 

It popped the other night for me. I ended up making a few runs through Quists tower to get it in the end. 

I'm down to 12 agility orbs left so I'll try and get the last one I need in The Vision before taking a break from the game for a while. Searching for the hidden orbs will be a drawn out affair. 

EDIT:Started a game on easy last night just to see if I could straight to Niemand after the tutorial and win. Which I did. Which was nice. 

• Upvote 1

I've spent the last couple of nights just going around the city and collecting orbs before signing off for the night by taking out a boss.  Just Niemand to go, but I've got all the DNA, intel fragments and have two Monkey Moonshine booths left.

One wee bug - somehow I ended up triggering a full 3 x 3 x 3 lockdown.  Even though I'm at MAX on firearms, I was running out of ammo.  Managed to survive it, and the achievement for surviving Niemands final lockdown popped.  Given I hadn't beaten her (or Quist) at this point, I suspect a bug.

One thing in the credits is Anthony Crowther.  Is that the same guy who did C64 and Amiga games such as Monty Mole, Bombuzal and Captive?

Also, I've managed to trigger lockdowns after getting the achievement, so it's not really a "final" lockdown.

If it's by design, then perhaps the wording of the achievement needs to be tweaked a little to make it clear what it represents?