Yoshimax

Crackdown 3 - February 15th, 2019

I didn’t think I’d like this much, I wasn’t a fan of the original. However a quick 5 min shot turned into 4hrs and I loved every second. It’s just a hell of a lot of fun and it looks pretty nice on the Xbone X. 

Favourite weapon so far is the freezing shotgun! 

• Upvote 2

So far I'm really enjoying this. It's got that addictive nature of wanting to collect all the agility orbs as there was with the original games. The combat is fun and you can mix things up. The graphics are better than I imagined though I am running in 1440p on Ultra. As has been said, the beginning was a bit of cringe but I'm not playing the game for its story. It's like a B-movie which know's exactly what it is and plays up to that. Sure, more could have been made with the story, but I think its simple nature is refreshing. I'm fed up with games where you spend half the game in a cut-scene then get told to go to X, collect Y which then leads onto Z interspersed with more cut-scenes where you kill / collect more things before returning and getting some reward. Cut the BS and instead here we just have go here, do this (if you want to). Otherwise you're left up to your own devices.

This is the first game in a while which I can easily see myself returning to without story fatigue or gameplay gumming up the works for me. I'm just planning on jumping about like a loon collecting everything and becoming a god in the process. Works for me :)

Preload the game pass version a few days ago, finally get to sit down to play this at nearly 9pm on launch day. Exciting! Been a while since I played a game on launch.

Oh, a fucking 9gig patch.

edit - presumably no one's fault per se, I just can't believe a build I grabbed a couple of days ago needed a 9gb patch. If you allow pre-load, it should be a bloody go-live build, critical day 1 bug fixes aside.

I'm enjoying running around collecting orbs. But something lacking from the first game, are orbs tantalisingly out of reach until you have levelled up. Right at the start of the first Crackdown, there were orbs that you needed a couple more feet of jump to be able to reach. Or the top of a building had that one ledge slightly higher that try as you might, you just knew you'd have to level up and come back to. 

I played for hours in the first game with a mate of mine, just seeing which tall buildings we could "cheat" and try and get to the top of. But so far in this, I have collected maybe 100 orbs so far, and every single one has been really easy to get to. Every rooftop has been accessible. It all just feels too easy and not challenging at all, which is what I really liked about the first game.