Yoshimax

Crackdown 3 - February 15th, 2019

MP test is up for download in the PC and XBox insider app. PC version is 4gig. You can launch it and play around in the settings

5 minutes ago, Strafe said:

It’s ok! No buildings falling down yet.

You have high explosives man. Make them fall down!

6 minutes ago, Flub said:

You have high explosives man. Make them fall down!

I’ve tried! Seen plenty of environmental destruction but no 9/11 type stuff yet.

1 hour ago, Strafe said:

I’ve tried! Seen plenty of environmental destruction but no 9/11 type stuff yet.

I don’t think George W Bush is a playable character. 

I've been playing Crackdown 1 quite a bit and it's still really enjoyable, so even if 3 campaign is basically that with bells and whistles I'll be happy.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Stanley said:

I've been playing Crackdown 1 quite a bit and it's still really enjoyable, so even if 3 campaign is basically that with bells and whistles I'll be happy.

I think the reason the first game appealed to me as much as it did was mainly because it was a very simple game. You had a few weapons, a few cars, a few enemy types and a few islands with gradually more agressive enemies and a shitload of orbs that made me want to explore. That was basically it, for better and worse.

The sequel was a weird one. It didn't change a lot of what we'd already seen in the original, but what it added wasn't memorable nor fun. Rogue orbs? What were they thinking. Either keep it simple and give us a proper Crackdown 1.5 or, if you do something new, make it fresh and fun. 

• Upvote 2

I’m not particularly excited for this but I’m certainly going to give it a chance. Trying to convince the missus to go away for the weekend so I can actually play it for more than three hours. 

2 hours ago, Boozy The Clown said:

My youtube is rammed full of hatred and outrage for this game by arseholes who haven't played it making wild assumptions and tearing the devs apart.

Theres an easy solution to this. Don’t delve into YouTube.

• Upvote 3

I decided to have one last game during tonight's test. 5 vs 3. Was a good game. The reason for the delay at the start of the video was that I wasn't expecting to have to press home to get out of the stats screen

On 09/02/2019 at 11:01, Boozy The Clown said:

My youtube is rammed full of hatred and outrage for this game by arseholes who haven't played it making wild assumptions and tearing the devs apart.

No doubt all RestEra finest  PS fanboys and fangirls 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

3 hours ago, Stanley said:

Massively looking forward to playing this on Friday, I even have the day off. Anyone fancy some multiplayer shenanigans?

I would be but you can't party up with friends for the MP mode. Its not like they didn't have enough time to have that feature ready for launch or anything...

I'm still looking forward to blasting through the campaign though!

• Upvote 1

That destruction does absolutely nothing for me. It’s like the whole thing is made out of brittle Easter egg chocolate and just breaks apart like that. 

When Crackdown 2 came out, I was kind of wondering whether they just made a poor crackdown game or whether the formula had aged poorly. I’m thinking this is the game that might answer that for me but from everything I’ve seen I’m leaning towards the latter. Then again, videos of Crackdown never really did the feel of the game justice. 

• Downvote 1

10 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

That destruction does absolutely nothing for me. It’s like the whole thing is made out of brittle Easter egg chocolate and just breaks apart like that. 

When Crackdown 2 came out, I was kind of wondering whether they just made a poor crackdown game or whether the formula had aged poorly. I’m thinking this is the game that might answer that for me but from everything I’ve seen I’m leaning towards the latter. Then again, videos of Crackdown never really did the feel of the game justice. 

You mean different “materials” don’t behave differently?

18 hours ago, Boozy The Clown said:

You can't tag Sony fans as fanboys. They'll still neg you at the end of the generation they comfortably won in hardware sales and exclusive titles.

Don't mind that, because that's fair and the truth. 

The amount of trolling in the Crackdown thread in RestEra is disappointing though. Crackdown 3 doesn't look like a 360 game and the 1st Crackdown game graphics was never much to write home about, which seems lost with the RestEra trolls