rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Keyboard Koala

Monster Hunter Generations & MHG Ultimate

I'm now past the point where you have to do certain quests to level up in Multiplayer so if anyone needs any help running through any quests I'll literally be online for most of the rest of today and tomorrow. 

Switch Code is - SW-1527-5385-4505

This game really is the gift that keeps on giving, there's just so much too it, a ridiculous amount in fact, its a level grinders dream and I cant see me putting it down any time soon. I'm gunning for level 999 :)

• Upvote 1

Just an update, I've done all the G Rank quests and I'm now out on my own :) I've shot up to level 48 and I'm now hitting the big monsters with the big boys! I got myself a full set of Valstrax armour and my weapon "Dragon Massacre" is pretty handy! I'm now going back a month or so and helping people out that are in the situation I was in then.

I bloody love this game. 

20181017_202124.thumb.jpg.a9406713fc86a000ca040fef649068ef.jpg

20181017_202138.jpg

• Upvote 2

Yikes that makes my character look he is running around in jog pants and a t-shirt.

Still on level 2 quests having trouble with a sand monster or just need to farm better gear . Or just get gud.

21 minutes ago, Yuujiin said:

Yikes that makes my character look he is running around in jog pants and a t-shirt.

Still on level 2 quests having trouble with a sand monster or just need to farm better gear . Or just get gud.

Happy to help out with the earlier quests mate if you want to add me (codes above). Get a low set of gear like the Maccao set to start and just upgrade that for the time being. 

Just focus on the Key quests for each level, there's always people that will help (assuming youre playing multiplayer) 

If you've got one quest you desperately need to do to finish a level I find the easiest way to get people to help is to start you're own group, call it "Any Quests Turns" and you'll soon get people joining to help, I always make sure I help the others back with their quests but that's just me :)

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the info. My online play is erratic at best due to working night's. Will concentrate on getting a full armour set as at the moment all my armour is a bit of this and that.

I've been plodding through this one quite slowly, and decided to download one of the apps as an instant reference point. That's when I saw the sheer volume of armour sets that become available.

Holy shit! This is, like, all the MH games in one, which means it's more like all the other games in the world thrown together in terms of sheer amount of content. An utterly impossible number of quests per level, it's quite daunting even to a veteran like myself, so I have no idea how a newcomer would cope with this. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CheekyLee said:

I've been plodding through this one quite slowly, and decided to download one of the apps as an instant reference point. That's when I saw the sheer volume of armour sets that become available.

Holy shit! This is, like, all the MH games in one, which means it's more like all the other games in the world thrown together in terms of sheer amount of content. An utterly impossible number of quests per level, it's quite daunting even to a veteran like myself, so I have no idea how a newcomer would cope with this. 

This is how I felt, it's my first Monster Hunter and starting out hadn't got a clue what I was doing, there's till things I'm bit sure about, like how playing multiplayer, the first one that spots the monster a bell rings to let the other players know, is that automatic or something you have to do? And when people die and sag Sorry, how do you type mid game? Theres so much stuff I still don't know how to do but that's what I love,  I can see myself playing this for months / years to come, level grinding, helping out new players.

Ive got Dark Souls to start tonight so I'm going to give this a well deserved rest 

Just picked this up in the sales.

Having not played this style of MonHun since 4U, and after putting numerous hundreds of hours in to MHW, coming back to this was quite a bit of a shock...

Spoiler

I completely forgot how much I missed this style of play, having to put some proper preparation into your hunts, and just how much more brutal it is compared to MHW. I'm in love all over again!

• Upvote 3

Over the last few weeks I've got pretty handy at this, to a point where I thought I'd really test myself, and what happened was one of my biggest ever achievements in gaming. 

I Solo'd a Special Permit Dreadqueen Rathian. I couldnt be bothered to wait for 3 others to join as I find generally one of the 3 end up dying 3 times and messing everything up so I decided to do it Solo. What happened was the single most gruelling battle I think I've ever had in a game, there was times where it was touch and go, and it took me about 40 minutes but I managed it without losing a life, 10 potions, 10 mega potions, 10 antidotes, 2 max potions, 3 life powders, 1 Ancient Powder, 2 Dust Of Life's....... And it was bloody worth it. What a feeling when that big bastard finally went down. 

• Upvote 5

I have one shrine left. One. Finished the Champion’s Ballad DLC but didn’t really get on with the Master Trials. 

Not it sure what that has to do with Monster Hunter though. 

• Upvote 1

I've run out of things to kill in MHW  for a few days so picked this up, can anyone prod me in the right direction of a noob guide please, I am well versed in World but completely new to this having ducked out on MH on Wii-U and MHU4 on 3DS quite quickly :( 

12 hours ago, shirubagan said:

Not it sure what that has to do with Monster Hunter though. 

Ah, just that you might be missing out on other great games. Mh is such an enormous time sink. sWhy I never dared to even touch MHW.

"What other games? " I hear you ask.

I’ve been like that with MHW always returning to do something, I basically only played Sea of Thieves and that last year, and this year so far,, only dabbling with other games due to the gigantic time sink and adventure the both are

I've picked this up in a sale for switch recently and I'm finding it pretty tough going. I have some experience playing mh3 on the wii u but not much. 

Are there any good intermediate beginner guides? I know how the basic stuff works, but I would like someone guidance on what to do, where to focus on etc. For instance, I'm trying to play switch axe, is it a good idea? What's a good starter armor set to try to upgrade? 

RISE FROM THE GRAVE

Ive had to revert to a guide to know which key quests push the single player story along... how on Earth are you supposed to know which ones to do without using a guide?

3 minutes ago, Garwoofoo said:

Just do them all!

I’m not a fan of the egg delivery ones and the ones where you need to get so many points 

Generally those can be safely skipped - the key quests are usually the large monster fights. There was one exception I think where I couldn’t work out what to do on the 5 star village quests and it turned out I’d skipped a 3 star request that unlocked stuff further down the line. It’s all a bit obscure, but you do unlock all sorts of stuff as you go so doing as many as you can is usually a good idea. 

It's based on the previous generation of MH games so it might take a little adjusting to. Levels are split into zones rather than being one continuous area, it doesn't have the whole tracking thing going on, multiplayer is lobby-based rather than drop-in/drop-out, and it's missing a number of QoL improvements. Also the crafting mechanics are a fair bit different, it priorities building full sets of armour a lot more than World's mix-n-match mentality.

On the other hand it has an absolute mountain of content, far more than World ever did. It has all the same weapons, so you can keep using your favourite, though there are now six styles for each to make it more interesting. You can play as a Palico. And it is absolutely brilliant, so if you liked World I would recommend it without reservation.

The video that Curtis posted above outlines the key differences pretty well.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, scottcr said:

I’m not a fan of the egg delivery ones and the ones where you need to get so many points 

Just use a guide. Prowler your way to HR and beyond.

15 hours ago, Pixelbark said:

Just use a guide. Prowler your way to HR and beyond.

That’s the plan. 

Bought a Switch last month and this is in sale at the mo so picked it up.

Ported over my Generations save so I can dive straight into G Rank  ( did a few high rank quests first as I’m a bit rusty), gosh it’s lovey isn’t it?  All those bright colours and helpful hunters, it’s really a massive greatest hits collection.

I think the high point for online was 3U - where people happily chatted (made easier with the WiiU controller), whereas so far in MHGU the hunters online have been quite goal oriented without much natter going on.

maaaybe there’s too much content now?  I am drowning in systems and quests, prowlers and hunters for hire, melding, trading, hunters coins; So many NPC chats was exhausting!   I did find my poogie who was dressed as a little Mexican bandit which made my daughter giggle.

anyone else still on this / new to the game?

• Upvote 1

Bought it the other day as well. I’ve played MH games before but I’ve gone into this fresh. I’m just messing about in multiplayer although there’s always a high rank player in most hubs so hunts typically go smoothly. Can’t be bothered going through the offline gathering quests so I’ll build up a few bits of armour online first.