IGNORED

Stuart Baggs "The Brand" Apprentice Fame found Dead

BitterToad

Very sad. And an example of how the media chews people up and spits them out when it's done with them.

I'm not sure what you're getting at here really, given that his death isn't being treated as suspicious?

Very sad. And an example of how the media chews people up and spits them out when it's done with them.

No offense, but when was the last time he was the feature of a media peace. Seems he could have returned to complete obscurity without the media caring.

The Isle of Man can have a terrible effect on people :(

Gave that a quick neg because, jokey post or not, it's an absolutely wonderful place to be.

I know quite a few folks that knew him and by all accounts he was a very nice chap. As you can probably imagine, in a place where a cat stuck up a tree would make the front pages, this is pretty big news.

I'm not sure what you're getting at here really, given that his death isn't being treated as suspicious?

I'm saying that that sort of reality TV programme has had a hugely negative impact on people's lives.

Stuart Baggs was ridiculed for how he behaved. That affected his mood and how he lived his life. There has been press interest in him, those sarcastic "where are they now" pieces that are the inevitable aftermath of ending up in the public eye.

Even someone like Susan Boyle would say that - even with the success - being famous had serious drawbacks in how people perceive you and treat you.

I'm saying that that sort of reality TV programme has had a hugely negative impact on people's lives.

Stuart Baggs was ridiculed for how he behaved. That affected his mood and how he lived his life. There has been press interest in him, those sarcastic "where are they now" pieces that are the inevitable aftermath of ending up in the public eye.

Even someone like Susan Boyle would say that - even with the success - being famous had serious drawbacks in how people perceive you and treat you.

You're making a lot of very specific statements there which, unless you knew him personally, can only be bollocks.

Post mortem was inconclusive. But they still say there's no reason to view it as suspicious. If he had done himself in, as a lot of people seem to be implying based on nothing at all, they'd hardly be saying inconclusive, would they?

ZOK's theory sounds like a better fit.

That's a pretty terrible example, given that Boyle was always talking about how hard things were for her (and had been prior to ever going near the X Factor), so she wasn't starting from the best mental space in the first place.

I agree that his experience on the Apprentice may well have caused some unhappiness, but the instant jump to 'he must have killed himself,' which was your inference, is silly and based on nothing other than he was laughed at on TV. Plus, the police said, and I quote "We can confirm that there was nothing in his room or anything about his condition that indicates to us any cause of death." You'd think a suicide would generally leave some evidence nearby (and certainly leave enough medical evidence to not result in an 'inconclusive' coroner's verdict).