English Franchise League Season 2015/16

Timmo

They are hammering Hull, a little bit of the momentum has begun to drop from Derby since Weimann has been substituted though. This is a much more interesting game compared with the Man U crap on SS1.

Awesome from Derby and particularly the fans always singing.

Hull fans really didn't help their team at all tonight, they only started a song on the 94th minute. 

Next season Derby! With that squad you and Geordies should be top of the league. 

If you're going to go out after losing the first leg 3-0, that's how you want to do it. Gutted for Derby, I don't think there is anyone in the land that would rather see Hull go up than them. I'm not even wholly convinced I'm not including Hull fans in that.

8 hours ago, Rev said:

Gutted for Derby, I don't think there is anyone in the land that would rather see Hull go up than them.

A small corner of East Lancashire is waving at you.

There is definite discontent on Humberside though, and I think the problems with the owner have masked the doubts about Steve Bruce.

11 hours ago, Rev said:

I don't think there is anyone in the land that would rather see Hull go up than them.

The whole of Middlesbrough wants a makeshift derby match next season in the absence of Newcastle and Leeds.

The best two teams made it to the final but whilst I'm rooting for Sheff Wed, I'm happy for Hull to get promoted too. 

I'll be hoping Sheffield Wednesday do it personally. Partly because I fancied them as my "there's always one who steams in late" team from quite early on (even though they didn't quite steam in that late really in the end) but also because it's easy for me to get to Sheffield so it'd make for an easy away day* for me. Selfish, I know, but there you go. 

*See also: Derby. cf: Brighton; Hull.

I don't know how I feel. I was pretty confident we'd win at home and then be able to avoid defeat away whoever we played in the first round, but the final is (cue Michael Owen level punditry) different. I would hope we'll have the advantage in the crowd, but Hull are definitely a more "professional" team where we've been rather chaotic all season. Broadly good chaos, but chaos nonetheless. 

On 19/05/2016 at 1:44 PM, Rev said:

I don't know how I feel. I was pretty confident we'd win at home and then be able to avoid defeat away whoever we played in the first round, but the final is (cue Michael Owen level punditry) different. I would hope we'll have the advantage in the crowd, but Hull are definitely a more "professional" team where we've been rather chaotic all season. Broadly good chaos, but chaos nonetheless. 

Well, you get to find out lad as you've got a Wembley ticket.

Half of Hull (exaggeration) don't want to be promoted due to problems with the owners. Their relationship is bad at the moment.

Hope you enjoy the final more than I enjoyed Derby's. Even before the killer goal I was in shreds all day. Try and treat it like a normal away day and forget what's at stake.

These things are relative, but ignoring travel (as it is is presumably ballpark comparable to travelling from Sheffield*) I don't think they're badly priced really. It's definitely Other Stuff more than price. If they don't sell out it'll be a big advantage to Wednesday though. 

*I live in London so it's just popping across the city for me, so it's not even really an away day. 

We'll just keep throwing dice until they land, I think. Norwich, Newcastle and the playoff final losers will all be gunning for the top 2 plus there's always a surprise team. Gonna be harder than ever, I think. I'm pleased with the appointment, though. Leicester fans unanimously love him, it seems.

Bollocks.

I don't think we were ready to go up and it was probably the right result, but, bollocks. We lost it in midfield, we didn't get a proper foothold at all. If it was Brighton or Derby going up like that it'd be fine, but not Hull "Our parachute-payment-funded premier league squad isn't even good enough to get third" City "We have no fans and Steve Bruce" Tigers.

Wednesday support was amazing, atmosphere was brilliant and it's been by far the best season we've had in years and years. If we can tidy things up and keep most of the team together we can fight for a play-off spot next year. It'll be a tough season in the Championship though, but they all are really.