English Franchise League Season 2015/16

We'll take that. Brighton need to come to The Riverside knowing only a win will do, depending on the Burnley result.

That match felt like Boro v Norwich last season whereby we beat them and two weeks later they faced us and won in the final. The same could be said for Brighton, they look nailed on for third place now. 

I've noticed something strange about QPR, quite often in the league, they seem to be the opponent of a team trying to win something.  Today if Burnley beat them, Burnley go up, a few years ago West Brom beat them to win the Championship, then Wolves beat them in 2009 to go up, also, Man City beat them to win the Premier League.  Wonder if there have been any other examples.

Pressure on Brighton and Burnley to perform today, knowing Boros draw on Friday opened the door to the Premier League. The Seagulls couldn’t capitalise, a last minute James Wilson goal snatching a 1-1 with playoff-bound Derby.  This meant Burnley could clinch promotion with a victory at home to QPR and a second half goal from Sam Vokes was enough for the Clarets to go back to the Premier League at the first time of asking.

Title/Promotion

92 points will win the title. 91 will secure promotion for Boro or Brighton (Burnley are already up).

GP  PTS  GF  GA  GD
*Burnley      45   90  69  35  34
Middlesboro   45   88  62  30  32
---------------------------------
Brighton      45   88  71  41  30

Playoff race

Derby’s point confirms that they will play Hull in the playoffs - but home advantage is up for grabs.

GP  PTS  GD
*Burnley      45   88  34
*Middlesboro  45   88  32
-------------------------
*Brighton     45   88  30
*Hull         45   80  30
*Derby        45   78  24
*Sheff Wed    45   74  22
Cardiff       45   67   5

Remaining fixtures

Burnley: Charlton (A)
Middlesboro: Brighton (H)
Brighton: Middlesboro (A)
Hull: Rotherham (H)
Derby: Ipswich (H)

Relegation

The relegation spots have all been decided.

GP  PTS  GD
Rotherham     45   49 -14
Fulham        45   48 -14
[r]Charlton   45   40 -37
[r]MK Dons    45   39 -29
[r]Bolton     45   30 -39

Permutations

Title

Burnley are champions if they win OR (draw AND Boro and Brighton draw)

Boro are champions if they (win AND Burnley lose) OR (win by three goals or more and Burnley draw)

Brighton are champions if they (win AND Burnley lose) OR (win by three goals or more AND Burnley draw)

Promotion

Boro are promoted if they win or draw

Brighton are promoted if they win.

That simple.

Playoffs

Hull play Derby at home if they win OR Derby fail to win OR (draw and Derby fail to win by seven goals or more)

Derby play Hull at home if they (win AND Hull lose) OR (win by seven goals or more AND Hull draw)

• Upvote 1

So the biggest game in the English Football League tomorrow at a sold out Riverside Stadium and live on Sky Sports.

I hope Boro don't succumb to the occasion and falter at the final hurdle, given recent form. We've had three successive draws recently but the performance and chances created should have really buried them all, Rhodes was good for a hat trick in the Birmingham game especially.

Without jinxing it, I fancy us to win 2-1 though really I just want to see them fight for it, unlike the Play Off final last year. I think it will be a tough fixture and I can't see it being similar to the 3-0 demolition we delivered down south, although, we are due to absolutely smash somebody given the amount of chances we create.

In Karanka We Trust.

giphy.gif

Ok, cheesy but I like it.  The bit towards the end with Ali nearly got me :(  I'm feeling a mixture of great excitement and total nervousness :)  

If George is back then I think that will give us an even bigger lift.

The BIG news in the Championship is Cardiff have ended speculation on whether Russell Slade will stay on as manager or leave (his contract is up) by making him 'Head of Football'.

So new manager/coach for us next season, but who or how that's going to work is anyone's guess. Bellamy keeps getting rumoured.

haha, i've just text my mate to ask if it was time to be picked up yet :).  

I just love the big occasion games and we've had some corkers at the Riverside and tomorrow is possibly the biggest of them all.  I'm hoping the play off disappointment last year spurs us on even more.  I'm sure Grant will have the boys up for it.