English Franchise League Season 2015/16

Good win for Ipswich yesterday; Forest will be very disappointed not to go away with at least a point but I'm obviously massively biased so screw them - we're great. The highlights on 5 last night (all two minutes of them) made it look like one way traffic for Forest in the first half which wasn't really the case although they had the best chances. 

But most importantly, and whisper it, but WE PASSED THE BALL! Foley was, by our standards, great - it made such a difference to have someone in the middle of the pitch actually looking for the ball and willing to have it as his feet and face the opposition goal. And it had the knock-on effect of making everyone else look a lot better, all of a sudden Luke Hyam looks like a professional footballer, and someone like Sears, who actually is a good footballer, looks like a world-beater as he's getting passes to feet and can run at people. 

Most positive I've felt coming away from a game for ages. Just in time for the season ticket prices to go up. 

• Upvote 1

Man, such a frustrating evening. Fulham throw away another lead to a pretty sub-standard Burnley. 

We just CANNOT defend. We only come out to play in the big games and a lack of quality at the back costs us every time. Still not sure about the penalty, looked pretty suspect to me, but I'm yet to see it played back so who knows. 

We're in a relegation battle yet again, NEED a win against Bristol City at the weekend but with our two centre backs I just can't see it happening. 

Oh man Boro last night. Can only have ourselves to blame, missed some really good chances in the first half and then got punished in the 88th. 

It was like playing Fifa haha still had a good night out though and nice to catch up with people. 

What did my head in though was how quickly sections of our fans turned on the players and then to boo them at the end was appalling. These lads are still 2nd in the league! 

Well done to Rotherham though, 3 wins on the trot has helped them massively at the bottom when it looked like doom. I hope they can survive.

Rumours there's been a meeting called by some players (Downing's name gets mentioned a lot) to challenge Karanka's methods and managerial choices, and he's then had enough and stormed out saying he doesn't want to manage them.

Hard to know what to believe - they've definitely underperformed all year, but equally some of Karanka's team selections are bloody annoying. I wish he'd just leave Rhodes up front and play him until he dies. He's a striker, and the best one we've had in ages - he doesn't need switching in and out of the team all the time. That said, I'd still be gutted to see him leave - he's been the best thing for this club in about 10 years.

Anyway. None of this is good. Hull, Burnley and Brighton must be over the moon.

Wednesday got a very nice win today, if that helps. Minor red card incident aside.

We've got a more forgiving run for the next six matches, we've really got to be aiming for 18 points. Not sure it's doable, but we can probably get close. If we manage that we should have got a play-off spot and feel like we deserve it too. The final three games aren't particularly nice ones though (Derby, Cardiff, Wolves), so to stay in winning ways until the end of the season will be difficult.

Who'd have thought the Championship would be unpredictable...

I'm convinced Wednesday will go up. Think they've hit form at the right time and won't have the disappointment of missing out on the auto spots like Hull, Boro, Burnley or Brighton will. It'll be tough for whichever of those 4 miss out, and apart from Burnley, the other 3 are stuttering along, barely dragging themselves over the line. 

After yesterday's display against a dreadful Bristol City I'm accepting 1,000 word documents on "Why BitterToad should give up on Fulham and support __________"

Utterly awful, shows what a manager Symons was that when he left we a stable if unpredictable mid table club and now we're... well we'll be a shit League 1 club if things don't improve. 

Fucking Smithstock has screwed Boro with his jinx! 

Arghhh. Please not the playoffs. 

I bet Burnley can't believe their luck establishing such a healthy lead, Hull and Boro stuttering badly. 3 wins in 11. 

I think Karanka will go also, I hope not but I'm not sure how you can abandon a match and expect to come back. 

9 minutes ago, Baring said:

Fucking Smithstock has screwed Boro with his jinx! 

Arghhh. Please not the playoffs. 

I bet Burnley can't believe their luck establishing such a healthy lead, Hull and Boro stuttering badly. 3 wins in 11. 

I think Karanka will go also, I hope not but I'm not sure how you can abandon a match and expect to come back. 

I like that he hasn't updated his signature yet.

I quite like Charlton too, so hoping that Middlesbrough have given them a bit of impetus to try and get out of the mess at the bottom. They've got enough time left, just.

What a shambles. I've no idea what has happened to us. 

Not that I foresaw this drop in form, but I knew all those claiming we were going to stroll this league at the turn of the year were going to be very wrong. How bitter to be proven right. 

As teams implode - we are really getting our shit together.  Cardiff's been a shambles one way or many others side we turned to red, but the last couple of months have seen is playing well, slowly moving up the table, fans accepting the manager isn't a clueless League Two level bloke, Tans behaving, Hammans been paid off and we have been offered a brilliant season ticket deal.

End result is the team and manager were given a great ovation despite losing two nil at home argues day and we responded by beating Ipswich yesterday.

I'm actually starting to believe the play-offs are a possibility. The club is starting to feel united and like Cardiff again so we are guarenteed to either miss out on the top 6 after some sort of collapse/get hammered in the semis or lose a forth successive game at Wembley!!!

3 hours ago, merman said:

Dougie Freedman fired by Notts Forest.

Surely even Steve McClaren would turn that job down?

I assume signing Macheda from us was the final nail in his coffin.

Anyway, for anyone wondering what happened on Saturday:

We were 3-0 up against a very in-form but very ordinary Rotherham side. 70% possession, Rotherham barely creating anything, coasting and playing well for the first time in a while. 80 minutes gone. Our interim coach, Darren Wassall, then decides to take off our holding midfielder... and sends on a striker. We subsequently lose any and all shape and draw 3-3. In the following interview he fails to take any responsibility for the collapse. Of course the players have to take some but as far as I'm concerned he should take the brunt. Rumours around he'll be relieved of his duties tonight and pushed back to Academy manager. Haven't a clue who'll be in charge as apparently our managerial targets aren't available until the summer.

Anyway, Burnley and Brighton to go up automatically. Derby v Boro playoff final in a battle of the losers.

1 hour ago, Rev said:

You were in 8th for a while, then 7th for a while, then 9th for a while, but now 7th for a while. Someone get Hollywood on the phone!

Yeah - I think I should have said we feel like we've been slowly moving up the table as for most of the season no-one has been sure how we've been up near the play-offs as we've been shit to watch and most fans have been expecting us to drift into mid-table long before now.