Cheers Oz, I've bookmarked that. I do like camping out that right hand platform for most of the fallen rounds. Feels like I always know where the adds are. I still die but less so than the left where the adds tend to come out of that doorway.

Hopefully I'll be up for this later in the week.

I gotz my sunsinger and red death. We totally have this.

We didn't "have it". At the risk of stating the obvious: Lightswitch makes the mine portion of Skolas really difficult. We tried sending just a hunter to do mines while invisible. However, given the random placement of the mines the hunter has to be incredibly quick in getting to both positions while invisible and managing a safe return. Sometimes he would be seen while invisible, sometimes we would die while waiting for him, sometimes we wouldn't make it to that phase. So it was a bit hard. I still think I had fun throughout. But I really wish we could just start at Skolas again. It just takes practice as a team and it is hard to find the time to get there and have enough time to give it a proper go. Maybe not quite as many adds would make it a bit more fun. Skolas doesn't really feel like a bullet sponge with small arms but given the number of adds, how mobile he actually is with the teleporting, and incredible/random/unpredictable splash damage, it is hard to put damage on him on a consistent basis.

We didn't "have it". At the risk of stating the obvious: Lightswitch makes the mine portion of Skolas really difficult. We tried sending just a hunter to do mines while invisible. However, given the random placement of the mines the hunter has to be incredibly quick in getting to both positions while invisible and managing a safe return. Sometimes he would be seen while invisible, sometimes we would die while waiting for him, sometimes we wouldn't make it to that phase. So it was a bit hard. I still think I had fun throughout. But I really wish we could just start at Skolas again. It just takes practice as a team and it is hard to find the time to get there and have enough time to give it a proper go. Maybe not quite as many adds would make it a bit more fun. Skolas doesn't really feel like a bullet sponge with small arms but given the number of adds, how mobile he actually is with the teleporting, and incredible/random/unpredictable splash damage, it is hard to put damage on him on a consistent basis.

I really hate the mines portion of the fight due to the randomness of the spawn locations and the extremely tight countdown. If you have a mine on the far left and the next is the far right you have to be moving instantly to have a hope of reaching it. Staying on the right platform did seem totally viable away from the mine bits though and saved a tonne of sprinting about the place. There are certain spots you can stand where you don't receive any splash damage from skolas depending on the side he is on... then its just the dreg grenades and jumpers that get you a bit.

I'm a glutten for punishment with this as I am up for doing it again still.... its not quite broken my resolve yet - although it is beginning to reach hard crota levels of annoyance.

I continue to love the taint mechanic. It's really a breakthrough in game design if you think about where boss fights were in first person shooters (i.e. Atlas in Bioshock, Regret in Halo, etc.). Then they go and add fucking lighswitch to it and ruin the shit out of it. This is to make it harder, lower success rates, and stretch out how long it takes you to get all the weapons until the next DLC comes out. Like most things in Destiny they were designed and tested to be fun and then every dial turned to 11 to ensure they don't loose players. It annoys the shit out of me.

Better add "Fail" to the tags Oz ;)

Not really looking forward to this, seems last weeks was pretty manageable by comparison. I'm up for giving it a go at least. Must seem like a night wasted getting through the levels to Skolas then having to do it all over next time.

I'm unlikely to get on tonight as info chaps sorry.
If you do spot me online, just chuck an invite over and I'm happy to join in with whatever class is needed. Have all 3 at 34 (all with both subclasses levelled) most things at 365 now but no Gally if that's an issue.

I'm unlikely to get on tonight as info chaps sorry.

If you do spot me online, just chuck an invite over and I'm happy to join in with whatever class is needed. Have all 3 at 34 (all with both subclasses levelled) most things at 365 now but no Gally if that's an issue.

OK, I was meant to be on your team tonight, so I think I'll bow out and jump onto the Crota HM thread and do that instead, be on again the rest of the week for Skolas.

When you start to loose hope. You're starting to miss easy shots. You're staying out of cover too long. Or Finite's midnight feeding feels very close. Think of this guy.

post-26293-0-70982000-1437654030.jpg

• Upvote 3

Still grinning this morning, was most excellent fun. Did get the same feeling as I got on my first strike, raid or PoE.

Definitely feel like I want to do it again now too. Not this week though.

Only disappointment was the loot you get for this. None of us got any adept weapons, just the usual shitty queens weapons. Considering the intensity and time investment, you'd think a nice sexy rare weapon would be a nice reward.

But yeah, we bloody well did it!

Here's the longer version, from the last "Burn Skolas to trigger mines section" to the end. (Why did "C" take so long to pop up? I only made it with a second to spare first time round!)

Very stressful and I have no desire to do it again tonight! Loot rewards were crap, they should guarantee an elemental damage primary weapon drop after all that effort.

Things of note to take away from it:

Have a set order for passing the taint and stick to it, call out when you can remember for the countdown so the next person can take it.

Only send the mine clearer/add thinner/Hunter out to do his stuff when "immune" to give enough time.

Have prior knowledge of what triggers and when so you are prepared.

You can happily sit under that platform between the stages of mines and adds to recharge supers and get the taint to whoever should have it at the trigger points.

DO NOT RUSH IT

Be interesting to try it with other modifiers, as I actually think small arms was a big help and Lightswitch didn't really come into it much.

Here's the longer version, from the last "Burn Skolas to trigger mines section" to the end. (Why did "C" take so long to pop up? I only made it with a second to spare first time round!)

Very stressful and I have no desire to do it again tonight! Loot rewards were crap, they should guarantee an elemental damage primary weapon drop after all that effort.

Things of note to take away from it:

Have a set order for passing the taint and stick to it, call out when you can remember for the countdown so the next person can take it.

Only send the mine clearer/add thinner/Hunter out to do his stuff when "immune" to give enough time.

Have prior knowledge of what triggers and when so you are prepared.

You can happily sit under that platform between the stages of mines and adds to recharge supers and get the taint to whoever should have it at the trigger points.

DO NOT RUSH IT

Be interesting to try it with other modifiers, as I actually think small arms was a big help and Lightswitch didn't really come into it much.

Seeing it again, we definitely got lucky a few times towards the end there where 2 of us were down. Staying calm and taking our time definitely paid off though, even if it makes for dull parts of the video :P

Yeah, a charge time on a sniper rifle may be the worse idea anyone has ever had. Having said that I, I have chosen it for my bounty. Because if look fabulous. :wub: