rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Oz

21 July Skolas Teams

Proposed Teams (names in red are confirmed):

21 July - Tuesday (830 to 9pm start)

Team B Oz, Finite and Soi :facepalm:

22 July - Wednesday (9pm start is the earliest)

Team A Berties, Weavus, Mechamonkey (cancelled unless further interest is raised) :(

23 July - Thursday (9pm start is the earliest)

Team A New Hope Berties, Mooselizer, Finite :sealclap:

24 July - Friday (9pm start?)

Team A Jerec?, Berties, Mooselizer (cancelled unless further interest is raised)

• Upvote 2

Yes there is, from me. I'm off all week before so can probably get one in this week.

Depends on the modifiers tomorrow as well though. If it's Small Arms again, I may skip it for another week.

I'd like to down this guy before Year Two begins. Tried for the first time when it was Small Arms without realising the reduced heavy damage that causes.

psn: scarliley

I would love to run Skolas again as it's a great activity.
I'm wildly unpredictable with playtimes though so just grab me if I'm on (mechamonkey_mk2).

I will likely be on tomorrow morning and late (11pm+)

I actually really liked the small arms modifier for this, ascended VoC ftw.

Thought you did it last night Fin?

My missus is going out Thursday too so would be good for an early start.

My son woke up during the mine phase so had to bail to feed him, gutted! Really wish he'd start sleeping through already ;)

Funny you miss it terribly when it is gone (at least I do). Try to make the most of it.

Hmmm, I don't miss the mine phase that much now its over...

• Upvote 2

yes please, Monday (if anyone still needs to do it this week, Tuesday or Wednesday :)

I've proposed the Tuesday team for you and left you out of Weds because I think you only have one character. Let me know if this is fine.

Small arms and lightswitch modifiers again. I really thought PoE was going to be a randomised thing but having the same set of modifiers in rotation constantly is getting stale fast.

• Upvote 1

Right. That destroys our plan I think. Should we keep the teams and do 34 and nighfalls instead? What's the consensus?

OK I'll give it a try with you. Given the shit modifiers please confirm whether you are willing to give it a go.

I'm strangely indifferent. I think the game's hold on me is starting to wear off a little, and I'm still only on the fence about continuing out of Year One (and with The Taken King), which I'm not entirely unhappy about...

With that said, if you need a hand I really should give it a go at least once, and I'll probably be on anyway (on one game or another, so just send me an invite regardless).

I'm still willing to give it a go. Can do 32 and 34 if nobody wants to try it though, I'll be online each night from Wednesday to Sunday as the wife is back at work anyway.

Sounds pretty fucking horrendous to be honest, with those modifiers. Willing to give it a go though if I can get an early start on Thursday/Friday.

I won't be on tonight though as my man-flu has turned into a nasty chest infection. I'm having an early night. Bleuch...

So anyone want to defo run it with me and fin from 830? I will post on main forum if no takers from the sunbroing elite.

Done! who needs sleeping! I will log in as early as possible (this is likely to be between 8 and 830pm) and will create a party. Please join that. We will start as soon as we are all on.

@Soi - we are going to have a relaxed evening of taking it easy with Skolas. So, here is the exact list of things we expect you to do in the correct order. Please study this carefully before joining. :quote: I will ask questions to test your knowledge before we begin.

1) Servitor Buff:

When you enter the arena, Skolas will be near you, with a bunch of adds scattered around. To the sides, however, you will find these white Ghostly servitors. This Mechanic #1:

• You need to kill this Servitor to be able to deal proper damage to Skolas (kind of like Time's Vengeance), without it, you will barely touch his health.
  • Once you kill this Servitor, you will be given a buff for 20 seconds, which will say something like "the Servitor bonds are weakened". Take this time to damage Skolas.
  • If you kill another Servitor, while the buff from a previous Servitor was active, this will simply refresh the buff back to 0:20, it will not stack beyond 20 seconds.
  • Once Skolas is at 65% health, however, you will no longer need to kill these Servitors, and will be able to damage Skolas normally.

2) Devouring Essence:

• This is a debuff. It will activate once Skolas reaches 65% health, and will affect one player at random.

• It will make your screen turn green (sort of like Thorn), and a 30 second countdown will appear. Once this countdown goes to 0, you will die.

• This requires precise teamwork. If you are tainted with this debuff, you will have to transfer this to another player (like how to transfer the Chalice of Light in CE).

• It's not that simple, however. Let suppose there are 3 players, A, B, and C. If A gets affected by the debuff, he must pass it on to B before he dies. Once B has the debuff, the timer will return to 0:30, however, B cannot pass this back to A, as A will be 'immune' for 35 seconds, and unable to take the debuff. B will then have to transfer this to C, who will then transfer it to A, rinse and repeat. So: A -> B -> C -> A...

• This debuff will stay throughout the fight, all the way to the end, so make sure to coordinate.

3) Dismantling Mines:

Much like the previous rounds, this mission will contain 2 critical objectives.

• It will pop up first when Skolas reaches 50% health, you will have to dismantle 3 mines, A, B, and C.

• It will then pop up again, when Skolas reaches 25% health, 3 mines again.

• You will have to dismantle them in the time window you are given, or will die.

That is all for the mechanics. Below, I have summarised this with reference to Skolas' Health. (100% = full health, 0% = dead)

100% - You will have to kill the servitors to gain a buff and damage Skolas
100% - 65% - Damage Skolas, keep killing servitors to be able to deal proper damage, stay alive.
~65% - You no longer need to kill servitors to damage Skolas
65% - One of you will get marked with the debuff
50% - First Critical Objective (Defuse mines) pops up
25% - Second Critical Objective (Defuse mines) pops up
0% - Rekt n Phat Lootz