Forza Horizon 2

gospvg

Just heard the chatter about this on the new Chet and Jon podcast. It was the best game Jon played at games com "by far."

I have a feeling this may shift a bone or two come xmas

The Eurogamer racing bloke has been talking it up too as the best of this year's influx of driving games. I don't think it's enough to tempt me over to the dark side, but I'm certainly jealous.

I've cracked and ordered a ferrari thrustmaster wheel for this on xbone, i vowed never again after having my csr elite rendered redundant by micro$oft but i only really like footy and racing games, and havent managed to stick 1h of forza 5 on the pad

Expect a csr elite and pedals to go up soon in the trading folder, not sure what to ask as none on ebay

a31a40b5-16ba-448a-9f31-36bb37c19ba5.jpg

The only car you need to drive around the Med really.

More car reveals.

http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us...h2_car_reveals

2012 Nissan GT-R Black Edition

1981 BMW M1

1973 BMW 2002 Turbo

1967 Lamborghini Miura P400

1963 Volkswagen Beetle

1995 Ferrari F50

1992 Honda NSX-R

1985 Toyota Sprinter Trueno GT Apex

1985 Ford RS200 Evolution

2009 Ferrari 458 Italia

1994 Nissan 240SX SE

1968 Oldsmobile Hurst/Olds 442

2012 Caterham Superlight R500

2009 Honda S2000 CR

c0703e37-e2d7-464a-b322-62a2815891b6.jpg

c8f12d84-cbe1-4106-8d2c-40809dd51f95.jpg

I've cracked and ordered a ferrari thrustmaster wheel for this on xbone, i vowed never again after having my csr elite rendered redundant by micro$oft but i only really like footy and racing games, and havent managed to stick 1h of forza 5 on the pad

Expect a csr elite and pedals to go up soon in the trading folder, not sure what to ask as none on ebay

There are 2 i think, a cheapie and a £250-300 one.

Inside sim racing love the expensive one and raved about it in review (not so ravey about the pedals, which look a bit shit)

Yeah I broke and ended up buying the Thrustmaster TX too, got it from the BT Shop online store for £220, dabs is doing it for £210 now too.

It is fantastic, the pedals are a bit poo compared to the rest, I don't even mind the wheel which I see has been criticized a fair amount for it being light and cheap feeling.

My old wheel was the official MS FFB one on the 360 mind you so can't compare to any of Fanatec's offerings.

I ordered a Wheel Stand Pro V2 Deluxe to go with it but it is out of stock till 9th Sep apparently and got a refund, will need to wait patiently on it being in stock as i'm just using it on my PC desk which is poo.

I know this was something they addressed explicitly with early announcements, but even so I'm glad to see they've gotten out of the F3 habit of just having lots of cars and are instead focussed on having lots of interesting cars. Especially since atmosphere and personality is such a big part of a free-roamer as opposed to a track sim.

Yeah, will be getting one for Christmas, enough exclusives now to get me interested. Horizon looks great, much more interested in this than drive club.

I agree, it looks much more interesting to me too. Still, not enough for me to splash out yet!

When I played DriveClub, I didn't think it to be all that amazing. It certainly didn't feel like a huge step up after the year delay. And since finding out the weather features will be a patch a couple of months after launch after a year delay, it just made me laugh.

Horizon 2 just felt like polished, shiny, fast pace fun.

It'll be a shame if their old product won't work on nextgen machines. I won't buy another.

Anyway from what i read, its meant to be a brushless servo type wheel.

Which should give it more durability (as it does in say...a high end drill).

There was a spoiler image released...

8d959669d2a0fe1e5f3691d52f5048.png

The colours on the LED bar seem to reflect its likely to be for consoles.

Fanatech have hinted that it will have an impressive price. That is considering the tech involved and not as in it'll be cheap as chips.

You can always play Horizon 2 on 360 with the FM4 wheel though. Based on FH1 and Meerman's orgasmic ramblings of "oh godverdomme Boozy this wheel/game combo is the dug's baws, you need to get one."*

*we've been doing a fair bit of FH1/rally expansion in the last week or so.

The steering wheel saga is sad. The developers are blaming the wheel manufacturers who are blaming the console makers who are saying support is up to the game devs.

Someone needs to pull their fucking finger out.

When I played DriveClub, I didn't think it to be all that amazing. It certainly didn't feel like a huge step up after the year delay. And since finding out the weather features will be a patch a couple of months after launch after a year delay, it just made me laugh.

Horizon 2 just felt like polished, shiny, fast pace fun.

Thing is, I'm actually saw Driveclub will be brilliant but it's caught between this, which is only the 4th true entry in my favourite genre of game ever and Project CARS which I've been a member of WMD for since the start.

So in a way, it is the delay that's stopping me, just not for the reason it should be.

That said, you're right, buying it when it's finished 2 months later is going to work out perfectly for me.

It'll be a shame if their old product won't work on nextgen machines. I won't buy another.

Anyway from what i read, its meant to be a brushless servo type wheel.

Which should give it more durability (as it does in say...a high end drill).

There was a spoiler image released...

8d959669d2a0fe1e5f3691d52f5048.png

The colours on the LED bar seem to reflect its likely to be for consoles.

From what I read about Sony, the only accessories that can be used has to be approved by Sony, hence why Logitech wheels do not work on the PS4. i'd imagine the situation is the same with MS and the Xbox One.

If Fanatec has managed to create a wheel that is compatible with both I will be both surprised and gutted (as I just bought the Thrustmaster TX).

Looking at the teaser pic it seems to insinuate it will be for both given the Green and Blue light shining on the metal chamfered edge.

As far as I am aware the announcement is today and not tomorrow.

The wheel thing is to do with "security protocols" or some such bullshit. Somebody suggested that hopefully some enterprising individual might make a small bridge between wheel & console which tricks it into thinking whatever they need is there allowing older wheels to work.