Forza Horizon 2

gospvg

Where is the best place to get a physical copy of this from , as in cheapest :P

Have managed to arrange a used X1 for £200 on Friday, so think I will treat myself to FH2 and the console for my birthday, as good as the 360 version is, it's not the game I want to play when I know there is a better version out there.

Loving this but slightly muddled by the online options...

seems I can do a "free roam" where it matchmakes me with others and then we can meet up for events or soemthing?

I can also do an Event which matchmakes me and I get to do 4 races in a road trip style

Then there is the car meet which Ihavent touched yet

but in all it matchmakes me with randoms... is it possible to try and see if fellow club members (or people on my friends list) are in a group that I can join etc? or does that have to be done with party type thing. Its not very well explained

On one of the menu screens it advises me if someone on my friend list is in an online road trip I can join. It's pretty much right in the middle of the screen.

On one of the menu screens it advises me if someone on my friend list is in an online road trip I can join. It's pretty much right in the middle of the screen.

ah oh right maybe the social one.... I'll keep an eye open , thought I checked out the menus looking for online options obviously missed something obvious although maybe I dont have too many friends with FH2 and I play at odd times

also finally got hang of buying a "tune" to make car competitive... so if I buy (for example) any old D car (inc the low rated 100 ones) if I get them upgraded/tuned to D 500 then it will be competitive in multiplayer against other D cars? Assuming I check it out and it handles ok etc.

Maybe related to the above... In the Xbox360 version, after the final race in the series (starting at the Horizon festival, 2 laps), "Ben, mate" announces that he is now available to race against but I completely missed the next part. Is there another race after that?

ah oh right maybe the social one.... I'll keep an eye open , thought I checked out the menus looking for online options obviously missed something obvious although maybe I dont have too many friends with FH2 and I play at odd times

also finally got hang of buying a "tune" to make car competitive... so if I buy (for example) any old D car (inc the low rated 100 ones) if I get them upgraded/tuned to D 500 then it will be competitive in multiplayer against other D cars? Assuming I check it out and it handles ok etc.

Yes, credits permitting that's my first action on buying a new car, get it top of its current classification.

Credits aren't a problem though for me at present, I got 300k from the rewards programme and 100k from the highest payout of the spinning wheel today.

I love this game, I just wish music tracks are continuous and don't changr with each new event, the classical ones are typically much longer than the event.

Had loads of shit to do around the house tonight, so wasn't going to play this. Decided to have a quick go while having a brew after dinner. Shit didn't get done.

Have a question about bucket list events. None are showing up in or around Nice. I'm assuming that there should be some there somewhere, do they only show up at a certain point?

Just got all excited to see the F Type R Coupe in the latest DLC, get the car for free, hop in... LEFT HAND GODDAMN DRIVE.

efsC8Oq.gif

Some of the Japanese cars, and some of the British cars are the goddamn American versions.

This irked me in Forza Horizon, and in Forza Motorsport 5, and it's bloody irksome in this too.

Are the drivatars any better than the godawful F5 ones? I'd like to think that that the more open spaces make their idiocy less apparent and annoying - is that the case?

On the higher difficulties, the drivatars were far less annoying and a real joy to race against on Forza 5. On Horizon 2, I'm not entirely convinced that you're racing drivatars during the actual races, but when you're just cruising around you can clear see your mates' cars doing some blatantly human-AI shit like random donuts in a field, or trying to park their car up a tree :wub:

On the higher difficulties, the drivatars were far less annoying and a real joy to race against on Forza 5.

They really weren't - I did not find brake testing or late braking and consequently ramming into the back my car a joyful experience. Sound like it's not an issue in FH2 anyway, which is cool.

On the higher difficulties, the drivatars were far less annoying and a real joy to race against on Forza 5. On Horizon 2, I'm not entirely convinced that you're racing drivatars during the actual races, but when you're just cruising around you can clear see your mates' cars doing some blatantly human-AI shit like random donuts in a field, or trying to park their car up a tree :wub:

I wondered why I was meeting drivatars randomly tearing across fields. That's pretty cool if it's an accurate sim of the real person.

Has the update today broken anyone else's game? Mine just says loading now when it first boots up, after you've pressed A. It's playing music and cycling through the views of a few cars but it's been loading for aaaages. I've quit the game a few times, rebooted the XB1 and tried everything I can think except uninstalling it.. Any ideas? :(