Forza Horizon 2

gospvg

What I've played of it was decent. You have 5 options :

1) online free roam with friends only, no traffic but it does have co op bucket list challenges.

2) amateur road trip - lower class races in bunches of four then a vote from a choice of 3 classes & 3 different areas of the map.

3) pro road trip - same as above except faster classes of car

4) pure skill - same set up as above 2 but everyone drives the same car

From what I played I think all the races may be circuits of 3 laps only. This may also be the only style of online racing a available as I didn't see any point to point races.

Need to check that out.

5) playground games - King & infected games in massive walled off areas. You're either chasing or being chased it's frantic and fun. I made a guy scream when I t-boned him this afternoon. Phnarr !

I've had none of the usual online issues with any of the games I've played so far. Seems very robust. Yet to try free roam though but looking forward to seeing what the bucket list challenges involve as they are brilliant in single player.

Also you can hire a car from each class online if you don't own one yet. The fastest is a Zonda it's amazing.

Edit: Just found the Capri

:)

Without wishing to be a cock, I think MS/Turn 10/Sumo deserve a round of applause for developing a 360 version in the first place. There's obvious commercial viability to it to make it a good business decision, but there's only so many resources to be able to support, maintain and push it forward. Community wise the options in the Bone car club are more expanded and greater than ever - and you obviously can't cross those over between versions so (providing you can fit these features onto the platform in question) unless you expand the team to cope with running a community in parallel you can't really expect ongoing support for the stripped back version.

It sucks for 360 owners but I think you have to feel happy with the fact you got the game at all.

Just had a Sublime free driving session along the Rivieira listening to the Italian classical radio station compere commentating on the weather, hunting out breakable boards, doing the Ferrari bucket runs, and getting two new cars through lucky spins. Another game where there are so many ways to progress, it's absolutely brilliant.

I almost regret bringing a van along and ruining everyone's day as they all buy vans. I'm a little disappointed in the lack of online options, but it seems rock solid. Really could do with an option to create a road trip, complete with a showcase event at the end.

Otherwise this game is like digital crack. Orange wristband in two days of playing...I need to get out more. Also please, everyone try that Lancia bucket list challlenge that is around the middle of the map. If people complain the game is too easy that might be a welcome change of pace.

I didn't cow tow to Peer Pressure and bought an oldskool Ford F100 pickup instead with an old timey patina paint job. V8 powa up the hills, ftw.

And that Lancia Delta S4 challenge can get tea fuck.

Having played the 360 version for about 7 hours now I have to say I am a little disappointed. I do really like it still but it lacks the feel of the original.

The sound balance is certainly off, the engines are far too quiet. I did mention this to Sumo via Twitter so I hope they took it on board.

Also, I feel the handling has been somewhat dumbed down. I play with all assists off and on manual and getting the high powered RWD cars to wheelspin is much harder than the original. It was awesome taking a AE86 or RX7 up to 400bhp and spinning the wheels at 80mph around corners. Anyone else felt this?

Overall though, Sumo have done a superb job with it. They are cracking developers so I'm not surprised there.

I played a bit of this on Friday before heading away for the weekend, a definite highlight was doing the Bucket List with the Ferrari 250 GTO along the coast with the classical music playing. It just felt great.

I think I've missed the name of the RLLMUK club/team thing in the last couple of days. What is it called so I can join the fun?

I played a bit of this on Friday before heading away for the weekend, a definite highlight was doing the Bucket List with the Ferrari 250 GTO along the coast with the classical music playing. It just felt great.

That and the LaFerrari one have been my favourites so far - inspired music choices on both.

Gah. 333/340 roads travelled and the entire map is showing as complete. And yes, I have gone over it inch by inch.

Heh. I got stuck at 314, thankfully. The missing bit was a small grey bit at the airport. Make sure to remove all the icons etc.. from the map.

Just had a Sublime free driving session along the Rivieira listening to the Italian classical radio station compere commentating on the weather, hunting out breakable boards, doing the Ferrari bucket runs, and getting two new cars through lucky spins. Another game where there are so many ways to progress, it's absolutely brilliant.

What are lucky spins?

Oh my, if I was playing the 360 version I wouldn't watch that video for fearing of wanting to go out and get a Bone.

That and the LaFerrari one have been my favourites so far - inspired music choices on both.

Has to be the Bowler EXR S and Lancia Delta rally challenges that have done it for me. Having to bomb down a hill completely off road in the dark and navigate through the trees was absolutely exhilarating. I wish there was replay functionality on the bucket list challenges.