Forza Horizon 2

gospvg

wanted to paint my free evo X and then ended up spending about 2 hours making a rally paintjob for it, i forgot how quickly this game sucks time from you once you get stuck into something! far from perfect but im pretty happy with it so far, not sure i'll spend too much time nitpicking but do want to straighten out a few bits and maybe change some stuff, probably the grey which was meant to be more silver maybe to white or a brighter shade

eq2hw5.jpg

e4uJs1N.jpg

P4heybc.jpg

fpa0qe.jpg

and of course after all that you have to let loose a bit

B4Z2Gvi.jpg

:D

Just put 2.5 hours into this game without noticing.

Dunno whether it is because I'm on the 360 version, but I keep noticing areas that would be ace shortcuts for free roam, but are closed off. The countryside is also a little bit bare. But to be honest, that is massive nit picking and hair splitting, this game is a refinement of FH, which was already brilliant.

I suspect that's probably it Plissken. I've not looked at detail at the 360 map but it seems incredibly similar road wise so they've probably just walled off most of the offroad parts. That's a shame as the map really is designed for it, but understandable under the old engine.

I love the Bone version. It's like FH with a triple chocolate chip dollop of ice cream on top.

Just put 2.5 hours into this game without noticing.

Dunno whether it is because I'm on the 360 version, but I keep noticing areas that would be ace shortcuts for free roam, but are closed off. The countryside is also a little bit bare. But to be honest, that is massive nit picking and hair splitting, this game is a refinement of FH, which was already brilliant.

I've noticed that to and also traffic is incredibly spare compared to the first game which always seemed to have enough cars on the roads you actively had to dodge them at times and plenty of AI races going past. Unless I've just left an event there never seems to be anyone about.

It's hard playing the 360 version to forget that you're playing the inferior one. Especially when the game shows you screenshots of a game you clearly aren't playing every time some loading occurs.

It seems 360 players are exempt from the Forza rewards scheme so I didn't get my million credits or the bunch of supercars I have earned through my Forza dedication.

However, once your eyes adjust to the initial perceived blandness of the environment and the slight pop in of objects and scenery, you begin to appreciate the natural feel of the physics engine, the rock solid framerate. Further play produces some exhilarating races and a sense of a massive expansive landscape filled with some superb flowing roads begging to be driven all over on a voyage of discovery. The sense of speed is available in every car once you pass 100 mph and you get the thrill of danger & excitement from the handling.

Although the world is probably more enclosed and restrictive than it's next gen parent, there are large expanses of country where a bit of exploration will gain you bonuses in terms of hidden items, cars and massive views stretching off in the distance.

The game encourages repeat play of every race in the 10 different disciplines of car class and also adjusts your opponents PI ratings to match whatever you are driving. Basically the game has tons of base content with replayability to the factor n, once you include rivals, online racing and road trips.

It definitely shows that it's running on ancient hardware in terms of visuals but the engine underneath is just as robust and satisfying to the player as any previous Forza title. I've had a session with the MS waggle wheel this morning and am glad to report it's just as great to use as FM4 & FH1 which bodes well for those with steering wheels gathering dust due to next gen incompatibility.

This is as close to a review of the 360 version you'll find on the net so if I was scoring it based on the hardware it's running on and the relatively short playtime I've had so far I'd give it 4/5 at the moment.

Right 360 club is set up and I'm gonna go for

Tag: RMUK

Name : Mucky Rollers

Description : www.rllmuk.com The 2nd crankiest forum in the UK.

Search RMUK and send a request to join. Back it up with a mention in the thread in the online racing folder. Unknown request will be declined without me knowing who you are either through the forum or my friends list.

http://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?/topic/281342-xbox-360-forza-horizon-2-rllmuk-club-opens-saturday-41014/

Right 360 club is set up and I'm gonna go for

Tag: RMUK

Name : Mucky Rollers

Description : www.rllmuk.com The 2nd crankiest forum in the UK.

Search RMUK and send a request to join. Back it up with a mention in the thread in the online racing folder. Unknown request will be declined without me knowing who you are either through the forum or my friends list.

http://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?/topic/281342-xbox-360-forza-horizon-2-rllmuk-club-opens-saturday-41014/

You may want to change that link to rllmukforum.com :)

Cheers though! I don't have time to play the 360 version at the moment but hope to join you soon.

i should be up for it if i'm around!

seem to be getting some nice rewards for my tunes and designs ive put up, today when i put it on i got 14,000 for drivatars, 7000 from designs and 25,000 for tunes and then got 100,000 for club tier 3 i think it was. not sure which tune got so popular as i'm not really too hot at tuning.

I get the feeling that if the 360 version was the only one we'd be praising a fine, if slightly derivative sequel.

Although if the off road is shut off at least you get to dodge the cross country events.

It isn't so much that as obvious flights of steps, paths up the edges of hills and that. Combined with the sneaky placing of reward boards, I keep twitching over to them in a Burny Pee stylee.

Agreed on your first point.

i should be up for it if i'm around!

seem to be getting some nice rewards for my tunes and designs ive put up, today when i put it on i got 14,000 for drivatars, 7000 from designs and 25,000 for tunes and then got 100,000 for club tier 3 i think it was. not sure which tune got so popular as i'm not really too hot at tuning.

I'm deffo up for it and will be on after I've eaten my tea. Will be good to race against the real you for a change since every race I do in SP seems to have you in the lead.

I seem to get quite a lot of money from my Drivatar. Didn't play it since Thursday evening at all and got 35,000 this morning waiting for me.

Cool.

Oh sodding hell.... should stop reading this thread......:)

Tomorrow I will hopefully be the owner of a shiny new Xbox One. Just knew Forza games would make me crack. So weak. Well that's the one console this gen policy out of the window then.

May as well pack up the ps4 when I grab this and Forza 5 I expect it will be getting rather dusty.... LOL....