Forza Horizon 2

gospvg

Also the car satnav that you can talk to using kinect is ace - you can simply ask it what you should do next and it'll stick something on the map for you.

Whoever was concerned about tuning - you get a quick tune option where you simply tell it what class you want the car tuned to and it does it all for you. You probably can't make a Fiat 500 "S" class though.

That's not tuning int he sense they meant, that's upgrading.

The worry was about suspension rebound rate nerdery,

There's a big "tuning setups" button under "community" - if you click it it brings up suggested tunes for the car you're currently driving. They are in different classes etc as well and they're all rated and dated and it shows you in summaries how it will change the characteristics of the car so it's all covered. Nobody needs to go all motor-nerd unless they want to.

Here's what I'm talking about :

http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=2640503352954910&gamertag=Yoshimax&vid=dd123248-fdae-4922-9404-1add48714a2a

I see what you mean! Didn't notice before. May have to do with the 360 version supposedly using different physics.

Interestingly, this may just fix the game experience for me, if off-roading in the open world is more restricted in the 360 game :)

I'm of two minds about that.

On the one hand you cant make it easy for yourself by cutting corners, but on the other hand going off the track can be just as much a disadvantage as an advantage.....if you overcook it and fly off the outside you keep going in totally the wrong direction rather than being bounces around the side by a barrier.

Personally I'd rather it be left open with moderately punishing lack of traction unless you're appropriately kitted out.

The thing is that every race has checkpoints and you can't miss them or you have to rewind or the game will place you back - this gives you freedom to an extent to cut corners (watch for the trees) whilst also reigning you into certain points on the track.

This game is well on it's way to being a top 3 best racer contender for me it's absolutely sublime. I recorded a replay (dirty word) of the train race but I can't get it to upload on my piss connection. :mellow:

Also, every driving game should have a classical radio station - charging up dirt tracks and across fields with charge of the light brigade going is amazing.

Lastly the drivatars are so, so much better - loads of people on my friends list appearing in game today and available to challenge even though they haven't got the game yet.

edit : God bless xboxclips - if you want a replay of the train race skip to 3:20 on this video (the first 3:20 is the race in cockpit view).

http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=2640503352954910&gamertag=Yoshimax&vid=3d04bcae-eb94-4c4e-b664-79484c2fbe27

The thing is that every race has checkpoints and you can't miss them or you have to rewind or the game will place you back - this gives you freedom to an extent to cut corners (watch for the trees) whilst also reigning you into certain points on the track.

This game is well on it's way to being a top 3 best racer contender for me it's absolutely sublime. I recorded a replay (dirty word) of the train race but I can't get it to upload on my piss connection. :mellow:

Also, every driving game should have a classical radio station - charging up dirt tracks and across fields with charge of the light brigade going is amazing.

Lastly the drivatars are so, so much better - loads of people on my friends list appearing in game today and available to challenge even though they haven't got the game yet.

edit : God bless xboxclips - if you want a replay of the train race skip to 3:20 on this video (the first 3:20 is the race in cockpit view).

http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=2640503352954910&gamertag=Yoshimax&vid=3d04bcae-eb94-4c4e-b664-79484c2fbe27

When do you get the extra radio stations? From what I thought, you started with three and get more as you go on.

When do you get the extra radio stations? From what I thought, you started with three and get more as you go on.

Yeah every time you road trip to a new venue it seems to add one - I think I've got 6 or 7 now but all the music until I got the classic station just seemed to meld into one big pot of shite :)

Yeah every time you road trip to a new venue it seems to add one - I think I've got 6 or 7 now but all the music until I got the classic station just seemed to meld into one big pot of shite :)

From doing a bit more reading, the 360 version only has the three stations, Pulse, XR (or what ever it is called) and Horizon Bass..... those tunes are going to get fucking annoying pretty quickly, so yet another reason for me to want this on the X1 I think.

that race against the train! i like the idea in online sessions of driving from where you are on the map to the next location and then driving the short distance from race to race, earning points & xp on the way which all seems to contribute to the series/championship standings. i'm pretty sure I came top in a lobby and didnt actually win a race, may be a bit annoying when i'm winning the races and not finishing 1st though!

i bought the perk in single player so the "wheelspin" reward wheel is more likely to give me good stuff and saved up about 11 spins on it, got an evo X, audi RS5 coupe, mercedes 190E and a bowler nemesis and a heap of credits. think i got to about level 25 today :D

I see what you mean! Didn't notice before. May have to do with the 360 version supposedly using different physics.

Not physics. Level of detail and memory capability.

There's a big "tuning setups" button under "community" - if you click it it brings up suggested tunes for the car you're currently driving. They are in different classes etc as well and they're all rated and dated and it shows you in summaries how it will change the characteristics of the car so it's all covered. Nobody needs to go all motor-nerd unless they want to.

Here's what I'm talking about :

http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=2640503352954910&gamertag=Yoshimax&vid=dd123248-fdae-4922-9404-1add48714a2a

Yeah but that's from the storefront (made by the community) which is basically what I talked about a couple of pages back. There's the auto-upgrade feature, where the game adds parts to your car to reach a certain PI (performance index) automatially, but there won't be an auto-tune feature whatsoever...for that you search the storefront (or whatever it's called now) for tunes that other people have made. You can choose from oldest, newest, most downloaded and highest rated tunes.

Mind you that if you upgrade your car too much, it will be shit to drive if you don't tune it as well to compensate for the loss of weight and gained power. You can upgrade an Aston Martin DB5 (D class stock) to S class, but it will be all over the place without any additional tuning. You may find this making sense to you, but you'd be surprised how many people don't know that. They find the car horrible and sell it in the auction house for a few credits, then you can buy it and strip it off its parts and make a lot of money. :P

The community tuning setups will have the upgraded car parts in it as well, so that's hitting two birds with one stone basically.

Are the races against the Planes etc in the 360 Version? im buying the 360 version this week

i'm asking as the Xbox one version is rather spectacular, with its vapour trails and amazing sound!

Races against planes, attack choppers, trains etc are in the 360 version for sure mate.

Got an email from Asda today telling me they think there's going to be a two day delay on getting my copy to me. No Horizon 2 action for me this weekend. Sadface.bat

An hour or so after posting this and they sent an email telling me it had been despatched. Delivered this morning as well. Happy days.

See you Cannonballers tonight!

Not physics. Level of detail and memory capability.

There was a pretty big revisit of Forza's physics for FM5 Meers. I'd be surprised if they made it into FH2 given it's running on the older engine.

Not that it should be any real issue as FM4 has great physics anyway.

There was a pretty big revisit of Forza's physics for FM5 Meers.

Have you read the quote from Joe that I was replying to? It was about the possibility that there won't be as many off-road sections as in the Bone version, and Joe reckoned it was because of the physics, which makes no sense at all. It's because of LoD and less memory capabilities of the 360 (in comparison). The map is much bigger than the first Horizon as well, I'm surprised this doesn't bring the 360 to its knees.

So what are you on aboot?

Have you read the quote from Joe that I was replying to? It was about the possibility that there won't be as many off-road sections as in the Bone version, and Joe reckoned it was because of the physics, which makes no sense at all. It's because of LoD and less memory capabilities of the 360 (in comparison). The map is much bigger than the first Horizon as well, I'm surprised this doesn't bring the 360 to its knees.

So what are you on aboot?

Ah okay, naw, I didn't see it.

I got a shot of the Bone demo last night. Quick review, if I was put in a room with the full game I'd be dragged out 3 days later, sleep deprived, malnutritioned and covered in my own bodily fluids and mess.

Don't forget to redeem your forza rewards either through the website or using the Forza hub app on the bone. It gave me a million credits for FH2 today, I only hope that's not a bone exclusive.

I might get the 360 version, loved the first one, more of the same is fine with me. One thing I have picked up from the videos, does anyone think the roads don't seem very south of France/NW Italy-ish? If you're setting a driving game there you want tight, windy mountain roads, surely, but they all seem kind of surprisingly wide and sweeping.

I might get the 360 version, loved the first one, more of the same is fine with me. One thing I have picked up from the videos, does anyone think the roads don't seem very south of France/NW Italy-ish? If you're setting a driving game there you want tight, windy mountain roads, surely, but they all seem kind of surprisingly wide and sweeping.

Depends where you mean. The Spainish end doesn't look like that (Perpignan - Pau - Bayonne - Toulouse areas) but its not interesting enough really.

I don't know about the "Nice"" side which is where the game appears to be set but i do know that tight twisty roads are more a feature "inside" the Alps, Pyrenee's or Central Massiff. These seems to be set around 30-50km from them in the foothills. You actually need to go deeper into the mountains.

Tight twisty roads do not make great racing to be honest. Even in PC sims they're used mainly for road rallies and TT's but many of those great "Top Gear" roads are good for driving rather then racing.

If anything the roads are way too wide, both in cities and the countryside. You can easily fit 6 cars side by side on it. On actual French twisty mountain roads, the maximum is 2.

Doesn't subtract that much from the quality of the game though, and I can see why they went with wider roads to make it easier for a larger audience (Codies did the same with DiRT eventually.)