Forza Horizon 2

gospvg

I'm struggling to find any good material for making a comparison against, so have to take those screenies on their own merits. Perhaps that's for the best though, actually, since that's how you play the game. You dont run the xbone version side by side and say 'meh, this isnt as good on this bit'.

So yeah, on its own it looks fine, as I'd expect. Frankly, if you can race around in gta5 and tolerate the horrible jaggies off in the distance, you can tolerate 360-era forza.

Again, mostly comes down the the final map for me. I'm hoping it might just be the same map, I dunno if that comes down to memory limitations or whut.

To play it looks fine, other than the toned down geometry the main difference seems to be the lighting. You can almost feel the sun hitting your skin with the One version, whereas (relatively) the 360 version looks a lot more sparse and washed out. Otherwise it seems pretty spot on, the only perceptible gameplay difference seems to be a lack of traffic on the roads.

Interesting that after all the talk of them being completely separate entities, it does seem to be a direct port running on an older engine rather than a 're-imagining'. Maybe outside the opening 20 minutes there's more to the discrepancies.

not much around on comparisons but found a few videos that may be of interest

second one is a bit behind as the intros seem a tad different? seems to even out at about 1:10ish when it gets to side by side gameplay

also feel free to add me to xbone anyone, even if its just for leaderboards/drivatar or whatever. gamertag same as here

Now that the dust has settled and Ive had time to take it all in, I can't deal with the fact that that Sean McGuire is all over this game. It would stop it getting 10/10

Thankfully I'm going to get the 360 version so he's just about tolerable for 30 quid.

If I had a shiny new 400 pound Xbox one I would be pissed off with him being in what is a bloody good game.

Legendary is probably in the best position to play Forza Horizon 2.

http://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?/topic/281342-xbox-360-forza-horizon-2-rllmuk-club/

Horizon 2 360 rllmuk car club thread. There's gonna be racing, time trials, paint jobs, gumballing, a garage full of amazing cars, less foliage, amazing weather every day. Fanatech compatibility, Dutchies being passed, great music, annoying yoof speak, treasure hunting help, more members than Team Bone, lots Of mad Woos, and maybe even a sense of community.

--------------------------------------

http://youtu.be/rqcqt4jiG2w

Inside sim review.

not much around on comparisons but found a few videos that may be of interest

second one is a bit behind as the intros seem a tad different? seems to even out at about 1:10ish when it gets to side by side gameplay

also feel free to add me to xbone anyone, even if its just for leaderboards/drivatar or whatever. gamertag same as here

Thing I noticed in the 360 videos is there seems to be very little chance to go off track. In that first video, check from about 1m 20s onwards to see what I mean.

This is tremendous - so many little touches like the menus are tiled like the dashboard and if you go to say the cars tab there'll be a tile showing you user designs with their names - clicking it instantly loads the car & decal and offers to let you purchase it.

Thing I noticed in the 360 videos is there seems to be very little chance to go off track. In that first video, check from about 1m 20s onwards to see what I mean.

I see what you mean! Didn't notice before. May have to do with the 360 version supposedly using different physics.

Interestingly, this may just fix the game experience for me, if off-roading in the open world is more restricted in the 360 game :)

Is the US store much cheaper than buying form the UK for this one?

Also, what do all the different packs give you? I have never played a Forza game so not sure what gets unlocked on Horizon games.

$59.99 is £37 and a few pennies at the moment. The packs are some cars and VIP membership which grants double XP or something like that. I'm looking at shadow of mordor just now thinking I could probably get it for that price here then trade it - which would probably net me £10-£12 if it's selling for £37 here already so for that price it's easier just to grab it now digitally. That £10-£12 is what it'd cost me to go into town, pick it up and inevitably spend money on some lunch :lol:

Online road trips are tremendous - I didn't even touch MP in the demo so don't know if it was there but with a bunch of friends I can see it being a great laugh all travelling across the map to specific venues to partake in different game modes. In my first we did a team race, some infected mode and a king of the hill type mode. Great stuff.

Also the car satnav that you can talk to using kinect is ace - you can simply ask it what you should do next and it'll stick something on the map for you.

Whoever was concerned about tuning - you get a quick tune option where you simply tell it what class you want the car tuned to and it does it all for you. You probably can't make a Fiat 500 "S" class though.

Also the car satnav that you can talk to using kinect is ace - you can simply ask it what you should do next and it'll stick something on the map for you.

Whoever was concerned about tuning - you get a quick tune option where you simply tell it what class you want the car tuned to and it does it all for you. You probably can't make a Fiat 500 "S" class though.

Yay!!!

so I can pick whatever lovely looking car I like and click the "lazy upgrade" button so I can race it online.