Forza Horizon 2

gospvg

The people who do tuning will be too busy moaning about how unrealistic the car reacts to going over grass & fields to actually show up for any racing.

When it comes to tuning you just look up the 3 most downloaded tunes for the car and class then give them a quick spin and pick the one that suits you.

IMHO

oh if I can just download the "top tunes" then that might be ok. Just hate tuning, its why I didnt/dont get on with the more serious Forza, I just want to race :) PGR style... altho I recall in PGR2 in each "category" people only ever picked 1 or 2 cars as they were best/fastest ;)

made myself sad now by remembering PGR4 is now 7 years old :(

I think xevious is talking about the 360 and xbox one versions of horizon 2 being different games with the same name.

Apart from one being for the 360 and the other for the Bone? You don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure out that the two machines differ in performance, and that the Bone version will probably be superior to the 360 version in a bunch of ways. Such as graphics and the seamless off/online experience. other than that, both versions will be the same when it comes to the core gameplay (apart from possibly having a smaller map area).

Turn 10 had me right up to the point they said 'tuning'. Meaning I'll get thrashed in every online race as I don't have the time or the patience to sit there and tweak my car to nth degree. Shame as I loved the demo.

Oh god... There is tuning in it?

Oh well maybe no online for me :-(

Are you guys aware of the storefront mode in the Forza games? In there you can find setups for your cars that other people have done. You buy them, you test them to see if they fit your driving style.

It's all part of the Forza 'lets make racing sims accessible for everyone' mindset. Anyone can play it, from your granny to the geeky Dutchman in the attic that has spent a fortune on a racing cockpit.

Are you guys aware of the storefront mode in the Forza games? In there you can find setups for your cars that other people have done. You buy them, you test them to see if they fit your driving style.

It's all part of the Forza 'lets make racing sims accessible for everyone' mindset. Anyone can play it, from your granny to the geeky Dutchman in the attic that has spent a fortune on a racing cockpit.

My last forza was forza 4 .. did that have it?

If so no I haven't seen it I might boot up the wheezy 360 and see what its all about then.

if it is simple and its a case of here are 2 or 3 "top setups" for each car and I can test them and then set each car to the preferred one I like always then cool... if there are like 10+ for each car then it'll take me a while to set each up and if I have to use different setups for different tracks then I most likely wont be arsed ;)

Except it isn't. How can you not differentiate between "Forza Motorsport 5" and "Forza Horizon 2"? It's easier to do than the Need For Speed series, for crying out loud.

I think xevious is talking about the 360 and xbox one versions of horizon 2 being different games with the same name.

Exactly. Who mentioned Forza Motorsport? A couple of people mentioned that the 360 "Forza Horizon 2" game was entirely different from the Xbone "Forza Horizon 2" game. See for example:

So fucking excited to pick this up on 360 and have a different game in the same universe if I get an Xbox One.

But then others seem to be saying it's just a port:

Reading the description and having played FH2 on Xbox One, this 360 version pretty much sounds like a slightly stripped down port, if only in terms of technical specs. Getting very curious now! When does it go on sale?

So your guesses below seem to be based on a rather large assumption - which is the assumption i was going off in my original post to the thread.

Apart from one being for the 360 and the other for the Bone? You don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure out that the two machines differ in performance, and that the Bone version will probably be superior to the 360 version in a bunch of ways. Such as graphics and the seamless off/online experience. other than that, both versions will be the same when it comes to the core gameplay (apart from possibly having a smaller map area).

As Graham said:

Do you know this to be true? It's not clear to me yet whether it's just a bit technically scaled down or a very different game.

I'm increasingly fed up of Microsoft's controlled marketing, with embargoes stupidly close to release dates (and embargoes full-stop), no media on certain games, and so on. I'm also fed up with the press not actually asking questions like these, but instead going off what a press release does say. Is FH2 360 a different game (in which case I'll buy it) or a port (in which case I won't)? It's information that should be published everywhere by now.

Someone upthread said that it was obvious that Microsoft was confident in the quality of the game because reviews were allowed to appear a week before the release date. By that point Shopto are starting to package up the preorders! And what does that say about the quality of the 360 game - if nobody has even seen it to know if it's the same game or not?

I was quite interested in this, as I liked the first one, but I have found the streams a bit dull. All very similar to the first one. Which is fine, it will all be next gen with a new environment and all, but I did feel that perhaps I'd been there and done that. I didn't find the off road stuff a very attractive proposition. Probably not fair, as driving games are about how they feel to play rather than being innovative or interesting to watch. I'm no doubt being subconsciously hard on it because I don't have the high-end hardware for it.

Interesting you say you'd buy it if it was a different game, but wouldn't if it was a port. I'm the other way around. FH2 on XBone has strong word of mouth so far, so if the 360 version was a more jaggy version of that I'd be very happy. The Titanfall port was technically excellent. I didn't enjoy the game at all, but it was great not having to buy an XBone to find that out. I'm hoping for a similar situation here (but I expect to like FH2).

Interesting you say you'd buy it if it was a different game, but wouldn't if it was a port. I'm the other way around. FH2 on XBone has strong word of mouth so far, so if the 360 version was a more jaggy version of that I'd be very happy. The Titanfall port was technically excellent. I didn't enjoy the game at all, but it was great not having to buy an XBone to find that out. I'm hoping for a similar situation here (but I expect to like FH2).

I've really enjoyed playing Titanfall on the 360, but I know it's going to be a short-term thing that I'll probably get tired of after a year. However, I'm still playing FH1, and will continue to do so for a while - the same would be true of FH2. I know that at some point I'm going to the get an Xbone, and when I do FH2 will be one of the games I buy for it. If I've already played the exact game on the 360, then firstly it'll take some shine off the newness and secondly I'll have to play the game from the start again. That wouldn't be an issue if it were a different game.

I think the 360 version will be quite different.

In terms of tuning Forza Horizon was great. If you tried to enter a race with an underpowered car the game told you so and basically automatically upgraded everything for you. Simple.

There are 2 kinds of tuning here.

There's "Buying stuff to hit a PR", which you describe.

And there's "Changing the suspension bump rate".

I'm not sure if FH2 has the latter.

There are 2 kinds of tuning here.

There's "Buying stuff to hit a PR", which you describe.

And there's "Changing the suspension bump rate".

I'm not sure if FH2 has the latter.

It does have the latter. The first is referred to as upgrading, the second is tuning.

I can be competitive in this game, both online and offline, without any tuning. Hardly any upgrading, too.

My last forza was forza 4 .. did that have it?

Forza 3 already had a storefront mode (for tuning & upgrade setups and livery designs) next to the auction house (for selling cars) and therefore FM4 had it as well. Your remark makes me think you haven't even scratched FM4's surface. Bit silly to yell "I hate tuning" when you should have known that tuning knowledge (or painting for that matter) isn't even required in Forza games when you can have other people do it for you. :rolleyes:

I think the 360 version will be quite different.

In terms of tuning Forza Horizon was great. If you tried to enter a race with an underpowered car the game told you so and basically automatically upgraded everything for you. Simple.

As the guys above have stated, FH had no tuning, just upgrading (adding parts). Tuning (tweaking stuff like gearing, brakes, suspension, etc) is back in for Horizon 2.

Exactly. Who mentioned Forza Motorsport? A couple of people mentioned that the 360 "Forza Horizon 2" game was entirely different from the Xbone "Forza Horizon 2" game.

Apologies, I thought you meant the "Forza" moniker.

They wouldn't be calling it Forza Horizon 2 if the 360 version would be completely different. According to a Q&A video I saw with Ralph Fulton, FH2 for the 360 would be the same game, minus the special graphical effects (lighting, weather, particle fx) that the Bone can produce. But then again, no idea how many beans he spilled there.

Forza 3 already had a storefront mode (for tuning & upgrade setups and livery designs) next to the auction house (for selling cars) and therefore FM4 had it as well. Your remark makes me think you haven't even scratched FM4's surface. Bit silly to yell "I hate tuning" when you should have known that tuning knowledge (or painting for that matter) isn't even required in Forza games when you can have other people do it for you. :rolleyes:

You see this is why the more "serious" racers aren't for me... I didn't play much forza 4 as I usually played online and I found people had tuned/upgraded cars not stock ones so if I picked a stock grade c car with a 369 rating I was at disadvantage as everyone else had grade c cars maxed out rating wise.

So nope I didn't scratch the surface... Hadn't even opened storefront til today... I found it confusing, I randomly picked an mx5 and listed tuning options and I saw tons of tunes even ones at grade S so god knows how I decide which to play online.

I don't want to appear as if I'm saying it's crap , cos it's not, it's fantastic just not my type of racer because I can't just pick a maxed out c grade and race online

My fault as it's just not my thing.

Hoping forza horizon 2 is a bit more casual/lazy like me :-)

Edit: just to clarify as a very limited time gamer I just like "pick up and play" stuff ... Ironically I switched on F4 to check store and I did race for an hr (having been befuddled by tuning options) so it's not like I dislike it ;-)

Well, that's why they made Horizon. Still the FM physics engine in there but with a more laid back, arcadey approach regarding the gameplay. They are each other's complete opposites.

Regarding the storefront, it's not confusing at all. When you do a search for your MX5, you will get lots of results indeed. But you can filter those with the X button (recent, oldest, newest, most downloaded and highest rated). I usually tune myself or let my mate Smith do it for me, but when I can't be arsed with it I look for the highest rated or most downloaded ones. Open the Upgrades menu in career and load it onto your car from the 'my tuning setups' option.

I understand if FM is not your thing (sounds like FH would be more suited to your likings), but I had to defend the game there for a moment after reading your nonsense. :P

Befriend me and my mates (360 version), we can provide you with the best handling cars you've ever driven in a game!*

*statement might be exaggerated slightly.

To be fair, if it didn't have upgrading and tuning then instead of having 15 different cars at PR400 in that race you took the 369 into you'd have got 15 copies of whatever stock car was closest to 400 in there.

Public onlining will always be min/maxed.

Holding out to see what the 360 map is like. Cant say things like fps bother me much.

IIRC (from a dev interview) the way the game engine is designed (for the 360 original and now FH2) is that it only draws what it can budget for per frame.. E.g. it renders as much detail as it can within the allotted time so that it won't (ever) drop below 30fps..

Unless SUMO have altered that (no reason to imagine why they would) - the framerate shouldn't be an issue..

To be fair, if it didn't have upgrading and tuning then instead of having 15 different cars at PR400 in that race you took the 369 into you'd have got 15 copies of whatever stock car was closest to 400 in there.

Public onlining will always be min/maxed.

Oh agreed I did say that my fave racers (pgr 2-4) online people only ever chose 1 or 2 to race in each category as they were "best"

So I do see why it has tuning and upgrading, I'm just way too casual...

Like in destiny I am woefully under-levelled to be able to pvp effectively which mildly irritates me as it's a great shooter... Halo collection will rob ably suit me better

360 version footage here! http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=131856881

It doesn't look bad at all. Some foilage, crowds and graphical effects have been removed, and the race near the end of the video shows a road that's unpaved compared to the tarmac in the One version.

Interestingly, Microsoft doesn't do or support any promotion of the 360 version. I asked them for our media outlet to do a comparison, but they declined. They don't offer review copies at all and don't do marketing for it.

360 version footage here! http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=131856881

It doesn't look bad at all. Some foilage, crowds and graphical effects have been removed, and the race near the end of the video shows a road that's unpaved compared to the tarmac in the One version.

Interestingly, Microsoft doesn't do or support any promotion of the 360 version. I asked them for our media outlet to do a comparison, but they declined. They don't offer review copies at all and don't do marketing for it.

I guess the problem they have is footage is just going to get posted as "Forza Horizon 2" and which machine will get lost a little.