Forza Horizon 2

gospvg

I have given it a quick blast (couple of races and 2 "rivals" rounds and a "bucket list" with the koenigsegg)

gorgeous and smooth are the two words Id use. It easily looks as good as the videos! I only race on pad but it's super responsive and the little rumble under triggers gives you great feedback... difference between grip levels on road/offroad is very nice and again can feel thru pad.

The one race was rainy and it looked great lovely reflections, grip loss was great (well not really when I hit a wall but yknow what I mean)

it still isnt PGR but then nothing ever will be ;) looking forward to rinsing the demo then playing the full thing casually on and off for a while (as is my wont :P )

really polished , but then what do you expect all these top AAA racers are super polished and great.

EDIt - Disclaimer , I found the realism of Gran Turismo and , to a lesser extent, Forza very "stiff" and stuffy. I much prefer the arcadey nature of PGR, this feels like a cross so it'll do for me (as did Forza Horizon), I still have Blur for the sillier arcade side ;)

Proper quick impressions.

looks lovely.

Sounds fantastic.

Steering is very stiff.

Lol, Sean Mcguire.

Oh. I was hoping it'd be proper arcadey. I'll give it a spin, but that's pretty disappointing to hear.

It's powered by a realistic physics engine with mad depth. Tailored to the world around it. Saying you want it to be arcadey is like wanting Halo to feel more like Doom.

I can feel my piss starting to boil reading guff like that.

Just get it played before you start judging how disappointing it is.

If the steering is stiff it's because of the car and that's how it's meant to be. However since it's Forza you can turn the handling of any car into whatever you want. The only thing that should be stiff is in your pants.

Oh. I was hoping it'd be proper arcadey. I'll give it a spin, but that's pretty disappointing to hear.

On the basis of the original it'll be entirely dependent on the car, I'm not into 'dry' racers like Forza 5 at all but loved Horizon to no end. Think Project Gotham, it's somewhere in the middle, with a million and one difficulty options you can tweak to push it further in either direction.

It's powered by a realistic physics engine with mad depth. Tailored to the world around it. Saying you want it to be arcadey is like wanting Halo to feel more like Doom.

I can feel my piss starting to boil reading guff like that.

Just get it played before you start judging how disappointing it is.

If the steering is stiff it's because of the car and that's how it's meant to be. However since it's Forza you can turn the handling of any car into whatever you want. The only thing that should be stiff is in your pants.

SHUT UP AND BUY AN XBOX ONE.

I want this. Now.

But 2 thoughts.

1) The offroad event I'd rather not have, seems shoehorned, visibility is near nil. I didn't think it worked for the other leading open world driving game and I don't think it works here. I may of course have a different view when I'm not in a freaking Audi RS3 :)

2) The stunningly beautiful rain on my bonnet and the road is almost entirely ruined by the identikit 16-bit spray coming off the back of my opponents. Kinda hoping there's a last minute change there, it's actually hilarious if only because of how stupidly pretty the rest of it is.

Maybe stiff wasn't the right word. The handling is nice and loose when you want it to be. It's the steering that I think is stiff (for lack of a better word). I find the initial turn in to be very unresponsive with the pad as the steering control seems to be very linear. I didn't find myself being able to dart about too much. I have used the Evo so far and the steering felt the same for all the cars you race with in the demo. Haven't tried the RS3 or the Range Rover looking one yet.

The handling model isn't a million miles form Forza Horizon 1. And by a million miles I mean about 4 feet.

It's similar yes, but to my mind quite different too. it's not as immediately accessible as the first game. Hopefully it will be just as fluid and enjoyable with practise and handling tweeks, though I think I'll have to find some recommended setups online in the coming months as I'm shit at finding out this stuff myself. It took me literally (yes, literally) 3 years of playing Gran Turismo One before I could feel the difference in tweeking setups.

Anyway, I have to mention the thunder in this game. It's amazing and now I have an AV amp with a good sub, I can really feel it adding depth to the overall atmosphere. At one point, I thought it was just the fireworks going off near the festival, but they're a different sound.

I'm going to be loving the online free roam in this come release. Get me my tuned up AE86 with Fujiwara Tofu shop livery, a fully tuned Yashio Factory liveried S15 (hopefully it'll be in there at some point), a F&F Supra and R34 GTR and I'll be golden.