Forza Horizon 2

gospvg

The game was confirmed today for Xbox One and Xbox 360, along with news that the racer will include Forza Motorsport 5′s Drivatar technology. Its flagship car is the 2015 Lamborghini Huracán, which can be seen on the cover above, along with an all-new weather system.

Forza Horizon 2 will take place in Southern Europe, a setting Fulton says will lend the racer, “incredible diversity,” and, “amazing vistas.” It’s set around a big music festival, just like the first game.

post-18024-0-31093800-1401715951.jpg

I enjoyed the first game so looking forward to this, hoping it has no in-app purchases though.

'... Will include Forza Motorsport 5's Drivatar technology.'

I hope they refine it before this release, as it pretty much ruins Forza 5.

can't say i agree with that. drivatars made forza much more interesting than overtaking every car on the first lap and using the remaining however many laps as a time trial. needs refining of course, but i'm glad its there

I hope having a 360 version doesn't compromise the Bone version too much in terms of map size, terrain detail etc.

Something like Forza H could benefit most from better hardware, I hope it's not just the 360 one but pretty.

Turns out its now being reported the game is being made for the Xbox One as the lead platform by Playground games and Turn10 and another outside team are handling the 360 port.

Ahh that's more inline with what I expected. Would have been odd to pass up a potential system seller by having it held back by current gen restrictions.

Still fingers crossed for a good port.

Turns out its now being reported the game is being made for the Xbox One as the lead platform by Playground games and Turn10 and another outside team are handling the 360 port.

I bloody hope so, I was a bit disappointed to hear it was a crossgen title.

So Southern Europe as a setting. Before we get to see it let's pontificate on what this environment can add.

Firstly I'm hoping for lots of lovely coastal roads which allow the sea to magically appear as you climb to the top of a hill or pop out from a side street.

Mountains with amazing roads that demand to be rallied up and down.

Huge point to point races through varying scenery.

Miles of motorway for barreling along at 200mph+ dodging traffic.

Tree lined dirt roads giving way to open land and massive draw distances where you can see roads disappearing into the horizon.

I hope the map is substantially large enough to place increased focus on discovering roads, collectibles and barn finds.

Horizon 1 had a fairly small map in comparison to it's open world peers but the quality of the roads shone through and allowed for excellent tracks and P2P races & time trials. I have total faith in Playground's ability to make great driving roads the first priority for this game based on their Codies history and an influx of new talent from the many UK based racing devs who have been wiped out last gen.

Can't wait to see it over the next week.