Flub

Star Citizen - Fishing for Space Whales

1 hour ago, Morte said:

Maybe they should just say 'sod it' and go full pyramid scheme?

"Hey backers...introduce new backers and receive these digital assets! Remember the more backers you sign up and the more backers they sign up means your digital assets can increase exponentially!

...and can I interest you in a monorail?'

I though that was already a thing in Star Citizen.

2 hours ago, Morte said:

Maybe they should just say 'sod it' and go full pyramid scheme?

"Hey backers...introduce new backers and receive these digital assets! Remember the more backers you sign up and the more backers they sign up means your digital assets can increase exponentially!

They've already dredged that well... https://robertsspaceindustries.com/referral-program

Edit: Dammit, beaten to the punch

On 12/06/2018 at 20:25, Spacehost said:

like the ZXVega+ on a massive scale but with less outright fraud.

I dunno, it's a big operation, I think they could give the Vega some competition there.

1528999431727350.gif.0b9fae413db0e29e62bd9c65e0907cfd.gif

"In this corner, we have, weighing in at zero pounds and zero ounces, nothing!"

1528999701727377.gif.9b25db18ffd80f03343c75d1287fac91.gif

"In this corner, we've got much of the same: Nothing!"

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, monkeydog said:

They do have form ripping of other designs.  Theres one ship that's a full on copy of the one in Final Fantasy: The Spirit Within. 

A snip at 1.5 million dollars!

3 hours ago, monkeydog said:

They do have form ripping of other designs.  Theres one ship that's a full on copy of the one in Final Fantasy: The Spirit Within. 

Ah cheers mate, I googled it and found a jpg. You just saved me $15,000. 

A judge has ruled in favour of Star Citizen developer Roberts Space Industries after a crowdfunding backer took the company to court requesting a refund for nearly $4,500.

Ken Lord, a data scientists from Colorado, pledged the sum to Star Citizen in April 2013 expecting the game to release no later than 2016.

This thread started 3 years ago.

an arbitration clause in the end-user license agreement prevents anyone from taking RSI to court for a refund, and the case was never made

it's free money!

• Empathy 1

I'm not sure what's more tragic - spending $4500 on a game that hasn't even been released yet, or expecting a court to save you from your own idiocy and make everything OK again.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, K said:

I'm not sure what's more tragic - spending $4500 on a game that hasn't even been released yet, or expecting a court to save you from your own idiocy and make everything OK again.

Lord, who suffers from multiple sclerosis said that the game had changed so much from its original scope -- with the inclusion of new game modes such as Squadron 42 -- and he would actually be unable to play it with his condition.

You'd think he'd still be able to play the space pilot bits though, so that seems like a bit of a sympathy ploy that the court clearly had little truck with. If the game even existed, I mean.

Sympathies for the plaintiff aside, this is the most disability friendly game ever made, as the final game can only be played using the interface of your imagination.

• Upvote 7

Thought this was quite interesting. I'd love for this guy to just review every room in every game lol. 

• Upvote 4

So another thing, they removed a cap on buying in-game cash with real money making it basically unlimited and giving you the ability to dominate every aspect of the in-game economy (when it eventually exists) with all your thousands of pre-order dollars. Their justification is amazing.

“Another thought re: ‘Pay to Win’ – what is ‘win’ in Star Citizen? We have challenges and gameplay for everything from solo players with just an Aurora to a huge org. crewing an Idris. We’re making a ‘space sim’ – I don’t even know what you would qualify as ‘win.’ That’s the whole idea: you play how you want to play, and should be able to have fun in a number of ways. Just like in real life, there are multiple paths, and your own success is really measured on a personal level. Further, there will be nothing in the game that you can only purchase with money. You can’t buy better stats or skill, we don’t sell magic kill bullets and everything that you can purchase with real money (like ships or UEC) can be earned via gameplay. By allowing people to purchase ships or a limited amount of UEC, we’re just allowing people that want to support the project a way to do it (its expensive to build a game of this scope and its expensive to run the servers that people play on), while not preventing the person that has only bought the basic game package from playing, earning and upgrading their equipment and competing with people that have spent more than them. Every persistent online game has inequality in starting assets, even if there is no ability to purchase, as people start their game careers at different times. If you join Eve or WoW right now, you don’t have the experience, stats or assets that someone that has been playing for years. We don’t see the issue with some people starting Star Citizen with different equipment, as long as everyone gets the opportunity to earn everything via gameplay, which they will.”

So, it’s a bit surprising to see some people paint this as an issue now, especially considering the context of the change and the general happiness our community had with it when it was first rolled out. But, hey, it’s the internet and people have to complain about something!”

Saying that "Pay2Win" requires a win condition is so incredibly disingenuous and totally ignorant of how the term is actually used.

Every demo they've done involved PvP, there are missions right now that pit players against each other where only one can win.

• Upvote 1

As shitty as that is it pales next to the long con that is the whole enterprise.

It’s a bit like yet another racist Tweet from the Trump administration.