rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Goose

Green Lantern Corps - Reboot - 2020

This was just announced at Comic-con, but there's next to no details. I get the impression it was more a case of getting it out there and on the slate than anything else. No casting was announced but there's a rumour that the characters will show up in either of the Justice League movies, before getting their own vehicle.

This is a long way off, probably as far as Affleck's Batman feature.

To be fair, it also sucks to be a Marvel fan if you're trying to enjoy the comics. Massive crossover events every few months, constant reboots, constant renumbering, replacing every major character with annoying teenage versions etcetera. DC and Marvel should join forces: let Marvel handle all the movies and DC all the comics. 

I don't know if this means the movie isn't happening any more, but Greg Berlanti has announced a Green Lantern show on HBO Max. He says it'll be their biggest DC show yet but gave no details other than it being in space. I assume it won't be connected in any way to the Arrowverse shows, don't know about the DC Universe shows, but if it's on HBO Max rather than there, probably not either.

I've seen the first two seasons of Supergirl and the first three of Flash, and maybe I'm just more forgiving when I watch a full episode rather than an out of context clip, but I don't remember anything in them looking as bad as that. Not even Grodd and King Shark.

But the square cropped format doesn't do it any favours.

I actually burst out laughing after that sequence when I watched the episode. This season hasn't had a great start, but that episode was particularly bad.

3 hours ago, b00dles said:

What the fuck is that? Is that actually the supergirl tv show? That looks worse than fringe. Or original x files

all the DC TV shows look like that. Hilarious blocking, everything filmed in fucking Vancouver. It's like everyone is shot seperately and they get some temp to hack it together in editing.

Wow. I thought the DC TV shows were meant to be quite good but I'm assuming that is just in regards to characters and plot because crikey that looks shit. 

1 hour ago, b00dles said:

What the fuck is that? Is that actually the supergirl tv show? That looks worse than fringe. Or original x files

Friar Tuck looking awesome there.

5 hours ago, b00dles said:

Isn't there quite a lot of love for arrow on here? I've never gone into the thread but it seems to be popular. My mistake, evidently. 

As any show that goes into its 8th season it's had its highs (season 2) and lows (season 3). It also benefits from having more stuntman related effects rather than shit CGI. 

The first couple of Supergirl seasons the effects weren't that bad. Fuck knows what's happening this season. Maybe they're saving the budget for the Crisis on Infinite Earth's crossover thats happening over Christmas. 

I see. It is no doubt also it being cropped to 4:3 for that Twitter clip but as said, the lighting, blocking, scene geography, acting, pretty much everything makes that look like a fan made movie or some such.   

I mean that punch looks abysmal, I could film a more realistic looking punch on my phone. 

Fair enough I suppose. You'd think you'd then make really low key bottle episodes rather than put everyone off with a whole series that looks that shit. Then again, I've not watched any of it anyway so apologies for a derail or if I've come across like I'm trolling the fans. 

I've not watched any of it either but will be watching Crisis cos I fucking love DC events and COIE. 

But yes bottle episodes makes sense to me.  Though I do enjoy Legends of Tomorrow vertly much.