rllmuk
toythatkills

GRIP: Combat Racing - Out Now on Switch (and other platforms)

ha! i think i've still go the original install discs for rollcage 1 and 2 lying around

Wait, there was a sequel to the first game?

I recall it was done by a Oxford based outfit called ATD. Not sure what happened to them.

Remember doing a VT piece on the VFX, created for the live-action TV commercial, that involved Mornington Crescent underground station.

Oh by christ I love Rollcage (esp. Stage two) and would so love to see this happen. I put Wipeout 2097 in my top ten, but part of me was thinking Rollcage 2 at the time. Needs it.

Edit: it's like ten seconds long and is showing me everything I want to see only more. WANT!

I always associated Rollcage with Motorhead, two games I spent a good chunk playing on PC then not really getting anything else like it for years after.

I really hope this comes to consoles (will back if on PS4), played Rollcage far too much on my PS1.

Oh man, they have absolutely nailed the style!... No doubt about it, that is Rollcage

Lovely detail on the vehicles as well. I hope they add some futuristic cities ala Wipeout. Glass roads, neons, Monorails, that kinda shiz.

Oh I'll back the shit out of this. Rollcage brings back memories of PS1 fun at uni. With this and Formula Fusion in he works it's a proper fantasy racing resurgence.

Only just finishing pre-production, the prototype you see in the video and stills here has been developed by just two people using Unreal Engine 4. But a team of two is not nearly enough to take the game to completion.

We're looking for help on Kickstarter to grow our team and enter full-thrust development, we welcome as much support as you can give. Expect the campaign to launch in less than a month, with initial prospective platforms being PC and PS4.

Looks incredible, I'll be backing this as soon as the Kickstarter is announced. Happy to hear a PS4 version is in the works. :)

Yeah I'm in for £30 on this - been wanting a new rollcage for years and this looks ace.

Worth mentioning that the CAD:GBP exchange rate is actually really good right now, more than $2 to the pound! So this works out pretty cheap.

Yeah I'm going for the digital alpha tier - $53 CAD and it's about £26 when converted.

Hmm the Kickstarter for this seems to be faltering a little at the moment.... get backing it people. It deserves more love.

• Upvote 1