IGNORED

Rocket League

Retroid

On 16/02/2018 at 07:38, Gotters said:

You’ll be able to play for real with little rc cars and an arena later this year - looks pricey especially as the cars will obviously not be flying about and flipping.

Could probably make this up yourself with a shoe box or 2 and any 2 cheap rc cars!

https://www.rocketleague.com/news/hot-wheels-rocket-league-rc-cars-holiday-2018/

I was well excited about this... And then I saw the footage.

1 hour ago, Gotters said:

I am so shit at this game looking at this vid

[INSERT MENTAL HERE]

Jesus christ, that video is amazing. Clearly NONE of those mechanics were designed or intended by the developers (apart from the free dodge thing).

I remember someone comparing the "simple mechanics" of this game to the simple mechanics of Sea of Thieves in the other thread. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thinking about taking my son to the Rockef League e-sports final in London in a couple of weeks. Anyone been to anything like that before? I certainly haven’t. I reckon he’d enjoy it (he’s five). 

• 3 weeks later...

I've had this game since I got my PS4 last year when I bought it for my boys. I hate online gaming as I feel under too much pressure to do well and I am generally crappy at twitchy games. But I've just had a blast with this for the last hour. Yes, I probably stink, but I scored a fair few goals and my team won the majority of games, but it was all just a bloody joy. Had an absolute blast with it and will definitely be playing this more as a fun game to unwind with. And the 'just one more go' appeal is insane. 

9 hours ago, simms said:

Does anyone find on the Switch the first few moments of a match players are invisible and/or it takes a while to appear on the pitch.  Doesn't happen on my pc.

I’ve seen occasionally but its quite rare

On 11/06/2018 at 19:52, Vorgot said:

I've had this game since I got my PS4 last year when I bought it for my boys. I hate online gaming as I feel under too much pressure to do well and I am generally crappy at twitchy games. But I've just had a blast with this for the last hour. Yes, I probably stink, but I scored a fair few goals and my team won the majority of games, but it was all just a bloody joy. Had an absolute blast with it and will definitely be playing this more as a fun game to unwind with. And the 'just one more go' appeal is insane. 

Join the club mate ,some of us have been playing this game for about 2 years now and we still have 'just one more game'

Still my favourite game ever made.

I've always felt this would make a great racing game as the cars feel so good to Handle and they should make a game mode just for racing.

Speaking of this game me and two others on here had one of the best comebacks ever ,I'll get it posted tonight as it was an amazing game.

3 minutes ago, Theholyhogg said:

Join the club mate ,some of us have been playing this game for about 2 years now and we still have 'just one more game'

Still my favourite game ever made.

I've always felt this would make a great racing game as the cars feel so good to Handle and they should make a game mode just for racing.

Speaking of this game me and two others on here had one of the best comebacks ever ,I'll get it posted tonight as it was an amazing game.

Its just great fun, and for a change I don't really care how bad I am, I think I pull my weight in a game. Need to get a handle more on the flying bit, thats way too difficult at the moment, but just to throw something on to have a blast with, it's great fun.

Agree on the racing side as well, could be great. Not tried any other game modes except for the standard 3x3 yet.

I absolutely love playing this on my son. We're resolutely Silver II quality on ranked 2v2, but now I've realised he's got that typical 5-year-old predilection for always going for the ball and overcommitting, our new strategy of me staying back in defence the majority of the time has seen a lot fewer of those annoying instances where the balls flies from the opponents end directly into your goal, and we might be gold medal material this season.

The aerial stuff just come naturally over time but doing the aerial training does help to get the muscle memory of launching yourself into the sky. Steering into the ball and judging the initial trajectory just takes time.

It's also very kid friendly for an online game as you can close off various options, such as freely-entered messaging from the other team (in case they say anything rude), so you just see the canned messages. Makes it all feel very friendly!

On the downside he's no obsessed with loot crates. You should've seen how happy he was when the summer event kicked off last week and he could earn more crate decryptors.

1 hour ago, Theholyhogg said:

The most popular is 3v3 I think ,but I love 2v2 so try giving that a go.

There's also some strange characters who just play 1v1,but I try not to mingle with then as they're a strange breed :unsure:

I might do 2v2 with one of my boys next weekend, but online ony would leave me feeling exposed a bit. 3v3 seems to be a good format for me.

On 18/06/2018 at 13:37, Theholyhogg said:

Me,jamin and mackenie. Found another with me and mackenie,I cut out all their goals and our terrible defending and just gave the highlights :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/07/2016 at 20:40, Jamin said:

This is my first ever Rocket League video I think, but had to post this pretty unbelievable comeback I just had in 3v3 with randoms. It's 8 minutes long so apologies, but worth watching from the start if you have time. If only to see my epic fail assist to the opposing team for their first goal, and utter fail as a GK for their second :(. Also shows how pretty terrible I was playing for the majority (and also my camera angle for whoever was asking a few months back... @John0 was it?).

Anyway feel free to fast forward to around 5 minutes in to catch the comeback if you'd rather.

I remembered @Jamin having the best comeback ever actually.

This is the king of comebacks 

Nearly two years ago.... jesus:unsure:

Ahh the epicness! Watching that back makes me realise how much I have improved in those 2 years. Wholly comfortable aerially (whereas in this vid I was still finding my feet) as well as general all-round amateur/naive play for many of their goals.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Since I've had much better internet, I've been playing this a lot and enjoying it as much as ever. I've realised that not only is my old PS4 controller broken but my hardly used death stranding controller is also broken so I've moved to xbox.

The pro scene is stronger than ever and previous legends are either retired or struggling to match the youngsters coming through which is great for a game 5 years old which has hardly changed at all in that time (in terms of mechanics).

It is incredible to see how much the gameplay has evolved and differs from rank to rank. I played on a low gold account for 3s (no idea why it was so low) and worked my way up, winning 16 games in a row. I found the first few games in gold the hardest because it is like 5 year olds playing park football, everyone under the ball desperately mashing buttons. At some point someone actually gets a decent contact and the ball flies off in a random direction, which is impossible to predict so I found I had to be goalie for those games and I'd get 2 or 3 chances for long shots per game and hope that a couple went in.

Once I got to about platinum 1, people seems to actually start thinking about positioning and rotation but missed the ball a lot so things got a lot easier to predict and control the game.

My first loss was at diamond 1, where I was suddenly feeling like I was being outplayed, struggling to see much of the ball and not having a lot of game impact. At that level, not only are people technically competent but also the lace of the game is too quick for me so I went back to 2s where I can feel that I have more time and positioning matters more.